PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

No, this is my first Chanel bag. I’d thought about buying a pretty Chanel when in Paris but never did. This bag is handsome but not pretty, if you know what I mean.
CDM--I have been obsessing about the LV Neonoe in Freesia, and it just occurred to me, you daughter works there. I have NO relationship with any LV SA, and this bag is sold out on line. So,,, I am wondering if you can check with her, see if her store has a waiting list, or by chance has it? I am very interested. Whatever you "can do".... Thanks!

These are two very snazzy bags, Izzy! I'm so glad you were able to successfully divest yourself of 15 bags that no longer worked for you. Sad in a way, of course, because your bag collection was gorgeous, but if you weren't able to use them then in another way it must also be a freeing feeling to not see them in your closet staring accusingly at you! I'm assuming that you sent them to one of the on-line consignment sites? Great that you were able to get $$$ back on them, and that the $$$ you received funded two really quality bags that better suit your needs. :smile:

Thanks Elaine! It has been a relief to downsize but selling some of my favorites was painful. However, when you don't use them because of schedule changes in life and bag weight it is just such a waste.

CDM--I have been obsessing about the LV Neonoe in Freesia, and it just occurred to me, you daughter works there. I have NO relationship with any LV SA, and this bag is sold out on line. So,,, I am wondering if you can check with her, see if her store has a waiting list, or by chance has it? I am very interested. Whatever you "can do".... Thanks!
Barbee, dd headed out of town this morning but I asked her about this before she left. She told me they do not have the Neonoe in Freesia in stock yet but she could probably get it for you. Why don't you pm me your contact info and I can pass it along to her. She is out the rest of this week but can do a little checking for you next week.

Well...another Nor'easter! So worried about a tree falling on the house, now. Big branches down but no trees :graucho: My wonderful neighbor is plowing me out right now. AT&T went out so no cell phone or texts which is scary. Finally got Comcast back. I will say the generator is working like a champ!
Dreaming of the BEACH!!!

Another Nor'easter? UGH! I'm sorry, Sky. No storms here but we seem stuck in the 30's. I just bought a new bike and want to get out and go for a spin as soon as I pick it up but not until it warms up. I hope your storm is short-lived and that you don't have any more damage. I think we are all ready for spring!

Tote update. Don't laugh but I went on Nordstrom's website and piled a bunch of black totes in my "shopping bag" and pulled the trigger. I figure this way I'll have plenty of options and just bring all the ones I don't like back. I will keep you all posted.

Another Nor'easter? UGH! I'm sorry, Sky. No storms here but we seem stuck in the 30's. I just bought a new bike and want to get out and go for a spin as soon as I pick it up but not until it warms up. I hope your storm is short-lived and that you don't have any more damage. I think we are all ready for spring!

Tote update. Don't laugh but I went on Nordstrom's website and piled a bunch of black totes in my "shopping bag" and pulled the trigger. I figure this way I'll have plenty of options and just bring all the ones I don't like back. I will keep you all posted.

I ride all day at 30s sweetheart :coolio: ... and when it was in the 15s ;) it was very hard though! :eek:
How exciting with the blacks! cant wait to see...

So are you having reservations with the weight of the Chanel tote? Regardless, it's fun having packages arrive at your house. Please show us pics and reviews of these new totes!

I ride all day at 30s sweetheart :coolio: ... and when it was in the 15s ;) it was very hard though! :eek:
How exciting with the blacks! cant wait to see...
So are you having reservations with the weight of the Chanel tote? Regardless, it's fun having packages arrive at your house. Please show us pics and reviews of these new totes!
LOL! I don't know why I am being so indecisive about a tote. It's rather ridiculous, to be honest. I think most are supposed to arrive tomorrow and then I can see how my laptop and folio fit in my each of them and how comfortable they are to carry. I promise you'll all be the first to know what my final selection is. And, get this, I plan to buy yet another (but no rush on this one) in a lighter summer color. Probably something in a taupe or cognac color.

And @Cilifene I don't even know how you can ride in such cold temps! Our roads are still snowy and icy here so it would be too dangerous for me to be out on my bike but we are sloooowwly warming up so I'm hoping spring will arrive soon. I will be picking up my new bicycle today with a new computer attached to it with the hopes of getting on it soon.

LOL! I don't know why I am being so indecisive about a tote. It's rather ridiculous, to be honest. I think most are supposed to arrive tomorrow and then I can see how my laptop and folio fit in my each of them and how comfortable they are to carry. I promise you'll all be the first to know what my final selection is. And, get this, I plan to buy yet another (but no rush on this one) in a lighter summer color. Probably something in a taupe or cognac color.

And @Cilifene I don't even know how you can ride in such cold temps! Our roads are still snowy and icy here so it would be too dangerous for me to be out on my bike but we are sloooowwly warming up so I'm hoping spring will arrive soon. I will be picking up my new bicycle today with a new computer attached to it with the hopes of getting on it soon.

We haven't had as much snow as you have :hugs:And most of the time it is safe to ride the bike. I have no other choice than to bike at my work. I ride from client to client all day at work. I do work part time though! - luckily! :smile:
:heart:

Reactions: can_do_mom
Hi Everyone! I've only posted here once a while ago, but do read the thread quite a bit. Wanted to join in looking for some advice from people who might understand.

I've been on Ban Island for a while, but I also did some travel with and to see family. I've discovered a few things about my getting older self. While I am a big bag type of girl, my body isn't any more. So I switched to cross-body bags. While they are OK for short carries, they are not so fine for longer days out shopping, hauling through airports, or whatever you might do on vacation, as I have issues with my neck these days.

I find I am now in the market for a cute backpack. I recently purchased an inexpensive convertible purse/backpack from The Sak. I very much like the idea of the convertible bag. I found an older model by Mulberry, called the Cara Delavigne that looks like it would suit my lifestyle.

I am pretty casual. Just wondering if any of you might have some suggestions? Either a nice backpack (convertible option would be GREAT!), or a lightweight, smallish cross-body for everyday wear (so not too small--Speedy 25 would be as small as I could go daily).

Hi Everyone! I've only posted here once a while ago, but do read the thread quite a bit. Wanted to join in looking for some advice from people who might understand.

I've been on Ban Island for a while, but I also did some travel with and to see family. I've discovered a few things about my getting older self. While I am a big bag type of girl, my body isn't any more. So I switched to cross-body bags. While they are OK for short carries, they are not so fine for longer days out shopping, hauling through airports, or whatever you might do on vacation, as I have issues with my neck these days.

I find I am now in the market for a cute backpack. I recently purchased an inexpensive convertible purse/backpack from The Sak. I very much like the idea of the convertible bag. I found an older model by Mulberry, called the Cara Delavigne that looks like it would suit my lifestyle.

I am pretty casual. Just wondering if any of you might have some suggestions? Either a nice backpack (convertible option would be GREAT!), or a lightweight, smallish cross-body for everyday wear (so not too small--Speedy 25 would be as small as I could go daily).
I have a convertible backpack crossbody bag from Henri Bendel that is very practical and handy. I’ve used it on long journeys and been very satisfied. I’ll look for a pic.

Reactions: Cocoabean
I have a convertible backpack crossbody bag from Henri Bendel that is very practical and handy. I’ve used it on long journeys and been very satisfied. I’ll look for a pic.

I saw some on YouTube, are they vaguely reminiscent of a Birkin in styling? They looked very nice, and one is in serious contention.

View attachment 4002294
The UPS man just arrived with a plethora of black totes. Let the ultimate tote battle begin! Way more fun than selecting a business attorney, wouldn’t you agree?

Oh my! How fun! Totes are my jam, but since I retired I don't have much need, other than my tendency to carry far too much with me every time I leave the house. It is like I am off on a trek across Antarctica; and I live in Southern California. There is truly no need for it!

I am soon to head out to a physical therapy appointment. So I put my things into an older Coach Court bag. It's about the size of a Pochette Metis. It is agony for me to go that small. The Neverfull MM is a perfect daily bag for me size-wise, but it is just getting to be too darned heavy to carry all that around. :smile: