PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

This thread has been so quiet...guess everyone is busy with holiday prep...hope the silence is due to good things! I am getting ready for my last day at work...12/29! Of course, all hell is breaking loose there...just when I am trying to use up time I can’t get paid for...this too shall pass!

Holiday prep is easy for me...grandchildren taken care of. They were over for dinner on Sunday and I asked what they wanted for Hanukkah...Amazon already delivered their picks! DH and I don’t exchange...he is going to have my grandmother’s diamond set in a pendant to mark my retirement, but we’ll leave that for after the holidays. Just ordered a lovely cable-knit throw for my hairdresser of more than 25 years. And, since my stepdaughter is turning 30 on Christmas Day, a Nordstrom’s gift card is the only thing left on my list.

See...told you it was easy! What has been keeping you busy? :girlsigh:

I’m so happy for you that you retire :hugs: and looking VERY much forward to see the diamond set! :nuts:
No Christmas stress hele - but have had some work issues :whut: luckily they will go away very soon :yes:
DH and I doesn’t either exchange presents. We buy what need whenever we need it - luckily he felt as I did that I needed that Birkin :lol:

Btw, the PS1medium leather issue I had - I finally got the money back :tup: but only after I raised my voice in the store :mad: (not a Proenza Schouler Store)

That’s a nice present for your hairdresser bisbee :tup:

I’m so happy for you that you retire :hugs: and looking VERY much forward to see the diamond set! :nuts:
No Christmas stress hele - but have had some work issues :whut: luckily they will go away very soon :yes:
DH and I doesn’t either exchange presents. We buy what need whenever we need it - luckily he felt as I did that I needed that Birkin :lol:

Btw, the PS1medium leather issue I had - I finally got the money back :tup: but only after I raised my voice in the store :mad: (not a Proenza Schouler Store)

That’s a nice present for your hairdresser bisbee :tup:

You did need that Birkin...:angel:

So glad you finally got the PS1 situation resolved...sometimes you just HAVE to raise your voice! :cursing:

You did need that Birkin...:angel:

So glad you finally got the PS1 situation resolved...sometimes you just HAVE to raise your voice! :cursing:
Agreed! The Birkin will be used and appreciated for years, Cilifene! And I don't know why they make us raise our voices but it is definitely sometimes necessary. The older I get, the more my filter slips. I just won't put up with BS anymore. I try to be pleasant but confess there are times when I'm not.

Agreed! The Birkin will be used and appreciated for years, Cilifene! And I don't know why they make us raise our voices but it is definitely sometimes necessary. The older I get, the more my filter slips. I just won't put up with BS anymore. I try to be pleasant but confess there are times when I'm not.

Exactly! I just wont put up with it anymore! I've been too nice too long - my filter is worn out ...:wave::lol:

Sick Sick Sick! That damn DS brought home a nasty cold. :cursing:
DS has been very busy on eBay ordering his Christmas presents. I ordered him some clothes but he couldn't care less about that. GCs for most people...let them get what they want!
Wonderful news @bisbee about retirement...I know you have been counting the days. :hugs:
Good for you @Cilifene, sometimes the squeaky wheel.......

Sick and pissed...I've missed a lot of fun Christmas festivities already last week :annoyed:
What to do? SHOP! I have had a terrible time finding stylish, yet comfortable, red booties. I returned the red booties from Bloomies. Correct size but uncomfortable heel. So...I cut to the chase and ordered lipstick red UGG cuff boots. Not glamorous but at least I'll wear them. Cute (I hope). I'll wear them with my MG red bucket bag for a more casual look. I still haven't worn my black McQueen faux fur or my MK black/white faux fur which will be a good look with the UGGS/bag. Hope to soon! :confused1:

Sick and pissed...I've missed a lot of fun Christmas festivities already last week :annoyed:
What to do? SHOP! I have had a terrible time finding stylish, yet comfortable, red booties. I returned the red booties from Bloomies. Correct size but uncomfortable heel. So...I cut to the chase and ordered lipstick red UGG cuff boots. Not glamorous but at least I'll wear them. Cute (I hope). I'll wear them with my MG red bucket bag for a more casual look. I still haven't worn my black McQueen faux fur or my MK black/white faux fur which will be a good look with the UGGS/bag. Hope to soon! :confused1:
So sorry to hear you're down with a cold, SQ. Ugh! If I lived closer, I'd make a pot of my magic chicken soup and bring it over to you. :hugs:
Boo about those gorgeous boots not working out. They were super glamorous, but of course if they weren't comfy then it made no sense to keep them. They just would have sat in the closet. Bright red Uggs make a lot of sense! Comfy, warm, and I can definitely see you rocking them with your MG bag.
Hope you're over your cold and out at Christmas parties sooner rather than later. :wave:

Reactions: can_do_mom
View attachment 3898186 View attachment 3898187
MOA Nordstrom had their Christmas party last night. My two daughters and I attended. Very fun. I wore my new Longchamp bag I just purchased last month. Last year's party tracking down someone with an adult beverage was next to impossible. People must have complained because this year the drinks and food was very plentiful. Anyway, we had a great time and I managed to track down the Gucci slides our son has repeatedly asked for for Christmas. What 17yo young man needs Gucci slides? Apparently ours. ;)
Sorry I have been absent. That purse is so good-looking, especially with the wonderful outfit!

That's a great-looking bag, barbee! The clasp is very interesting.
Yes, at first I had no idea how to work it. Felt very silly. I finally figured it out and it's now much easier to navigate. I'm sure at one point I will be a pro.
Interestingly enough, I came home tonight to see an email inquiry about a bag I had listed on Ebay back some time, but had not sold. She is interested to buy in a few days so I relisted it, and I'm hopeful! I sold one bag to Fashionphile recently, my python Gucci Disco bag, as the scales pulled a little on some of my clothes. Also, I was able to sell a LV on Ebay, which sold once, but came back due to "smell" (which haha, it did not have when I sent to her!) I aired it out for a week, and could not smell anything, then sold it within two days. I really held me breath about the second buyer, but she quickly gave me a good rating. So, a sigh of relief!
Now, I need to sell my beautiful AGL shoes due to my bunion, which has become worse, and hurts terribly in the shoes. The shoes had been soooo comfortable--but not anymore. So sad!

So sorry to hear you're down with a cold, SQ. Ugh! If I lived closer, I'd make a pot of my magic chicken soup and bring it over to you. :hugs:
Boo about those gorgeous boots not working out. They were super glamorous, but of course if they weren't comfy then it made no sense to keep them. They just would have sat in the closet. Bright red Uggs make a lot of sense! Comfy, warm, and I can definitely see you rocking them with your MG bag.
Hope you're over your cold and out at Christmas parties sooner rather than later. :wave:
I'll pay for the air-freight, dear Elaine...chicken soup sounds wonderful right about now :heart:

View attachment 3898186 View attachment 3898187
MOA Nordstrom had their Christmas party last night. My two daughters and I attended. Very fun. I wore my new Longchamp bag I just purchased last month. Last year's party tracking down someone with an adult beverage was next to impossible. People must have complained because this year the drinks and food was very plentiful. Anyway, we had a great time and I managed to track down the Gucci slides our son has repeatedly asked for for Christmas. What 17yo young man needs Gucci slides? Apparently ours. ;)
Great you found the slides! Love the new purse, looks great.