PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Well...I finally finished up with all the injectibles! 2 appointments a month apart. A bit black/blue but I like the results. I had the new Juvederm Voluma XL
that is injected into the cheek/ cheek bone...lifts the face a bit and your face looks fuller. I also had Botox, again, and this time...IT WORKED! I have a
love/hate relationship with Botox having had it done 3 previous times with no results (one time a droopy eyelid). Lifted my eyebrow arch just enough and
opened my eyes. I had a lot done but hopefully in 2-3 years just maintenance, although I intend to keep up with the Botox every 3 months.
Expensive for something not permanent but I'm too afraid of the knife!
All-in-all looks pretty good :tup:

It's great you are pleased with it :smile:

Glad you're pleased with it, SQ. And I'm so glad to hear thst the bruising wasn't too bad. There was an article in last month's Elle magazine by one of their beauty writers (Holly Millea), who I think might be in her late 40s, who just had a facelift. They showed before and after photos, and I have to say, she looked SO much better afterwards! Just kind of blah and tired before, and then awake, happy, well-rested, and alert afterwards. Not the "frozen" look that some movie stars get after too many procedures.
Not that I'd ever consider a FL! But sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I wonder who that elderly lady is looking back at me, LOL! I guess this is why blusher and candlelight were invented? :lol:

A FL in her late 40s - that is really young :shocked:
LOL, yeah, sometimes the feeling inside and the mirror doesn't get along :annoyed:

Glad you're pleased with it, SQ. And I'm so glad to hear thst the bruising wasn't too bad. There was an article in last month's Elle magazine by one of their beauty writers (Holly Millea), who I think might be in her late 40s, who just had a facelift. They showed before and after photos, and I have to say, she looked SO much better afterwards! Just kind of blah and tired before, and then awake, happy, well-rested, and alert afterwards. Not the "frozen" look that some movie stars get after too many procedures.
Not that I'd ever consider a FL! But sometimes when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, I wonder who that elderly lady is looking back at me, LOL! I guess this is why blusher and candlelight were invented? :lol:
I look in the mirror and see my mother! Not that that's a negative thing, my mom was a beautiful woman inside and out. It's just that since I turned 60, I can really see the aging process take hold. I wish I wasn't so scared of needles, and that I had the extra funds for the fillers. I just don;t want my grandkids calling me Gramma Sharpei......

I look in the mirror and see my mother! Not that that's a negative thing, my mom was a beautiful woman inside and out. It's just that since I turned 60, I can really see the aging process take hold. I wish I wasn't so scared of needles, and that I had the extra funds for the fillers. I just don;t want my grandkids calling me Gramma Sharpei......
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This cracked me up, oreo! But seriously, now, I'm sure they would never do that! :whut:

Reactions: Cilifene
The summer arrived to Copenhagen and that calls for AZUR :nuts:
My old damier damier azur pochette paired with the strap from my new Speedy B.

View attachment 3703465

View attachment 3703467
You look great, Cilifene. Even when you're casual, you look classy!
The pochette is perfect with the Speedy strap... I never would have known that it wasn't the original strap if you hadn't said. It's an excellent match. :tup:

I am happy for those who choose Botox and/or fillers. I am lucky in the hereditary department...both parents looked younger than their ages. My main complaint is slight sagging...not too many lines except those in between the brows. I will continue to have my hair colored, but that's as far as I will go...but that is just my plan for myself. I should lose weight...that always makes me look younger, but other than that and the hair, I'm determined to "enjoy" my advanced age (66)!

All the Botox and facelift talk is interesting. As I get older (just turned 52) I begin to ponder the possibilities! I'm already coloring my hair. I've been doing that since I had chemo 17 years ago because it grew back a different (darker) color with gray. The kids were young and it was upsetting to my middle daughter who was four. So I did my best to recreate my old color and I've been coloring my hair on my own ever since!

I feel like my face and eyes look tired now and I don't like it. The idea of a facelift scares me but sometimes I wonder...

Speaking of beauty treatments, what do you ladies think of lash extensions? Both my daughters have them and they look amazing! My eyes have been super sensitive ever since chemo so I'm not sure I could do it (the glue they use to apply the extension is right on the lash line, very close to your eyes). But it's tempting. I used to have very full, long lashes. People asked me if they were real all the time. As I've aged they've thinned. Even using a lash thickener that I apply at night hasn't done that much. It's helped a little. Just wondering if anyone else here has tried it.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, ELAINE! May your day be as special as you are. I hope you and your hubby are able to do something special to celebrate! ❤️
Thank you, CDM! :smile: We exchanged very sweet Anniversary cards early this morning, will look at our wedding album later this afternoon (a tradition), and then will go out to our favorite Italian restaurant tonight. :heart:

Reactions: skyqueen
All the Botox and facelift talk is interesting. As I get older (just turned 52) I begin to ponder the possibilities! I'm already coloring my hair. I've been doing that since I had chemo 17 years ago because it grew back a different (darker) color with gray. The kids were young and it was upsetting to my middle daughter who was four. So I did my best to recreate my old color and I've been coloring my hair on my own ever since!

I feel like my face and eyes look tired now and I don't like it. The idea of a facelift scares me but sometimes I wonder...
I can see why you colored your hair, with young children, especially if they expressed an opinion. I'm the opposite about hair color; always colored my hair (I started going grey in my twenties); then I had chemotherapy when I was in my 50s, and after my hair grew back (even more grey, yikes!) I decided I'd had enough of chemicals, and that I was just pleased to actually HAVE hair!
So I stopped the color, and since it grew back curly, I just kept it chort and let it curl naturally. Which, I don't know if it's flattering or not, but it certainly is easy-peasy to take care of. I just wash, scrunch, and go. I know that "chemo-curl" is eventually supposed to go away, but it's been a long time and mine is still here. Not a tight curl any more, but still very wavy.

Reactions: Cilifene
I am happy for those who choose Botox and/or fillers. I am lucky in the hereditary department...both parents looked younger than their ages. My main complaint is slight sagging...not too many lines except those in between the brows. I will continue to have my hair colored, but that's as far as I will go...but that is just my plan for myself. I should lose weight...that always makes me look younger, but other than that and the hair, I'm determined to "enjoy" my advanced age (66)!
I have always had a fear of needles, but it seems to have lessened as I aged. I guess a needle of Novacaine is less painful for me these days rather than the pain of dental work. But for fillers etc, I'm still on the ropes about that. My face has more than "slight sagging" and I am blaming heredity first, and then all of the sun tanning and smoking abuse that punished my skin. I am taking the blame for this abuse, I am owning it. I don't dye my hair, never have, but I must say that I do get compliments on my hair (people think that I highlight lol). One day, when I get brave enough, perhaps Ill post a picture of my almost 62 year old self....wrinkles, sagging face, gray (unfortunately not white, but gray) hair, big tush and batwings. Reading this back....gawd I'm a mess!!!