PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

My Mom used to get something called BPV: Benign Positional Vertigo. She took medicine for it, and also there were exercises she learned that she did while lying on her bed. It had something to do with crystals in the inner ear pressing in the wrong place, and the exercises moved the crystals.

I don't know if that's what you have, but my Mom's BPV eventually went away, and the exercises really helped her also.

I hope you get it solved really soon, especially with your trip coming up in June. Do keep us posted. Being dizzy is an awful feeling!
Thanks, Elaine. I see the ENT doc in about a week. It may well be BPPV, there are definitely similarities in what I've read. And, yes, I would love to get it under control before our trip!

can-do-mom - I hope you find relief soon. I know several people who suffer from vertigo. I didn't truly understand until it suddenly happened to me last year. Mine only stayed a few days...but I had never experienced anything like it! I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without the room spinning. As I said...whatever it was went away, and I've been fine since, but I have a new appreciation of the condition and those who suffer from it.
Thanks, Bisbee! The tricky part is how it hits without warning. Makes me question whether I should drive but so far I haven't had it happen while driving.

Did you try the Epley maneuver? how are you today? :smile:
:heart:
Cilifene, I was going to try and wait for the doctor to help me with the Epley maneuver the first time since I'm seeing him next week. If the other ENT doctor that I'm bringing my mom to see tomorrow has time, I might throw a quick question in there to seek his opinion as well. I'm feeling great today, thanks for asking! I'm meeting a friend for lunch and am excited to see her as it's been a while. She's a high powered businesswoman and I'm, hmmm, I have a hard time classifying my role: small business owner with hubby, retired homeschool mom, sister's business advisor, but mostly captain of the ship at home. Anyway, we sometimes both wistfully look at the others' life and think it would be fun...

Cilifene, I was going to try and wait for the doctor to help me with the Epley maneuver the first time since I'm seeing him next week. If the other ENT doctor that I'm bringing my mom to see tomorrow has time, I might throw a quick question in there to seek his opinion as well. I'm feeling great today, thanks for asking! I'm meeting a friend for lunch and am excited to see her as it's been a while. She's a high powered businesswoman and I'm, hmmm, I have a hard time classifying my role: small business owner with hubby, retired homeschool mom, sister's business advisor, but mostly captain of the ship at home. Anyway, we sometimes both wistfully look at the others' life and think it would be fun...

Glad to hear you are feeling great! :heart::hugs: Great idea to ask the ENT doc tomorrow, it is after all the same issue as your mothers.
Have a great time with your friend :wave: Be proud for being the captain that you are ...:heart::wave:

Reactions: can_do_mom
Anyone know Emilio Cavallini tights and leggings? I just bought four pair of tights and I absolutely love them - actually, I'm CRAZY about them.. :nuts::nuts::nuts:
Of cause, I got them all in my fav color combo, BLACK and WHITE ...:lol::lol::lol:

First pair .... and the lovely black Capucines PM with silver hw :hbeat: ...Oh, and Jimmy Choo Marlin boots .. love them! :coolio:

View attachment 3670053

View attachment 3670054
OMG...love it!

CDM dear, how are you?? :smile:

CDM dear, how are you?? :smile:
I'm doing great, Cilifene! I haven't suffered any vertigo for 3-4 days now and I'm pretty excited about that. I went in to MOA (jumbo mall 45 minutes away) to run a few errands and found a darling Rag & Bone jacket. Too dark for pics now but maybe tomorrow. I don't really need another jacket but it was a steal at $89.50, original price was $895! I also had the chance to visit my friends at Louis Vuitton. My daughter wanted to buy the Eva crossbody purse but today we found out it has been discontinued. I happen to have that one and she's always admired it. Looks like the LV Favorite crossbody has also been discontinued.