PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Over 4 hours at the dentist...8 crowns. I now have 1 tooth left in my head that's my own :wtf:
These are my temporaries...a little too white. The permanent ones will be the same color as my other teeth and more realistic, like the top teeth.
But you get the gist. My dentist gave me the teeth God should have :graucho:
View attachment 3644949
Honestly, they look great...even the temps look wonderful. When I originally had my top caps made, I was still smoking, so I didn't want the tops too far off in color from the bottoms. Then, a few years later I had the bottoms done as I was grinding them down into little stumps and I figured that before I needed to have root canal, lets cap them so it would lessen the chance of that happening. In retrospect, I wish I made everything a few shades lighter, Now I still have to match the new ones that I'm having redone, with the older ones. I wish I could do them all over, but I really can't justify spending over 40K to do that. I'm glad I had the 8 implants done in the back when I had the chance. The prices have skyrocketed!

OMG...I had to laugh!
Probably 35 years ago I had Bette Davis on my flight. (She's from Pitsfield, MA). Tiny, busty but looked very intimidating...I just loved her! We chatted from JFK to LAX.
Being intimidating, other passengers were afraid to ask her for her autograph. For the few that did...they were in for a treat! She couldn't have been nicer when approached. Her autograph read..."No guts, no glory" Bette Davis or "Old age ain't for sissies" Bette Davis. Gotta love it :yahoo:
What a fabulous story, dear! Thank you! :flowers:

Reactions: oreo713
Honestly, they look great...even the temps look wonderful. When I originally had my top caps made, I was still smoking, so I didn't want the tops too far off in color from the bottoms. Then, a few years later I had the bottoms done as I was grinding them down into little stumps and I figured that before I needed to have root canal, lets cap them so it would lessen the chance of that happening. In retrospect, I wish I made everything a few shades lighter, Now I still have to match the new ones that I'm having redone, with the older ones. I wish I could do them all over, but I really can't justify spending over 40K to do that. I'm glad I had the 8 implants done in the back when I had the chance. The prices have skyrocketed!
I hear you! I have bone loss so that was a lot of my problem. I have 3 implants, too...more expensive then crowns! I didn't have the whitest color but
they're white enough. Most people just think I've had my teeth whitened professionally.

Reactions: oreo713
Finally got the horseshoe insert for my necklace...came out great. Very sparkly!
View attachment 3646401
It's stunning SQ....I love how you can change the charm as the mood moves you. It's so unique! Is your jeweler putting this on a website? I don't remember if you said that your jeweler custom makes the charms or does she/he order them. In any event, enjoy and wear them in the best of health!!!
:drinks:

OMG...I had to laugh!
Probably 35 years ago I had Bette Davis on my flight. (She's from Pitsfield, MA). Tiny, busty but looked very intimidating...I just loved her! We chatted from JFK to LAX.
Being intimidating, other passengers were afraid to ask her for her autograph. For the few that did...they were in for a treat! She couldn't have been nicer when approached. Her autograph read..."No guts, no glory" Bette Davis or "Old age ain't for sissies" Bette Davis. Gotta love it :yahoo:
Too bad I can't live by that creed.....honestly, I'm chicken sh*t....:eek: