PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Agreed! (although I have to admit I did like shoulder pads, made my hip look slimmer....lol)

SAFE TRAVELS AND ENJOY!!
Ah, the linebacker shoulder pads. I had the foam ones that I could put on my shoulders so I could add MORE shoulder padding to any outfit. HAHAHAHA!!! Teasing my hair, wearing my shoulder pads and trying to look like the women on Dynasty... :biggrin:

Thank you! All my stuff is out, just need to throw it in the suitcase. I'll try and take a few pics out there. Some of the booths are really well done!

Ah, the linebacker shoulder pads. I had the foam ones that I could put on my shoulders so I could add MORE shoulder padding to any outfit. HAHAHAHA!!! Teasing my hair, wearing my shoulder pads and trying to look like the women on Dynasty... :biggrin:

Thank you! All my stuff is out, just need to throw it in the suitcase. I'll try and take a few pics out there. Some of the booths are really well done!
psssssst.....I still saved some of the removeable ones (the ones with velcro.....just in case lol;)

Oh, yikes... I had forgotten about those &%$##@ shoulder pads! I have wide shoulders anyway, and I'm short-waisted. At barely five feet tall, can you imagine how silly I looked with my shoulders out to THERE??? :lol: That was when I got into wearing H scarves, so that at least I'd have something hanging down vertically in front, to compensate for the width across the shoulders. :coolio:

Reactions: can_do_mom
Oh, yikes... I had forgotten about those &%$##@ shoulder pads! I have wide shoulders anyway, and I'm short-waisted. At barely five feet tall, can you imagine how silly I looked with my shoulders out to THERE??? :lol: That was when I got into wearing H scarves, so that at least I'd have something hanging down vertically in front, to compensate for the width across the shoulders. :coolio:
I am (well, at least was) 5 '7.5" so the shoulder pads, as long as they weren't too large, was a good look for me (at least back then..lol). Of course, you had to add a additional 5 or 6 inches with the platform shoes!

I am (well, at least was) 5 '7.5" so the shoulder pads, as long as they weren't too large, was a good look for me (at least back then..lol). Of course, you had to add a additional 5 or 6 inches with the platform shoes!
Were platform shoes in still around the 1980s? I thought they were more of a 1970s look? I was in the business world in the 1980s, so I was all about Ferragamo pumps with 3" heels. And I swear, they were comfortable! I could run down the street in them! :eek:

Agreed! (although I have to admit I did like shoulder pads, made my hip look slimmer....lol)

SAFE TRAVELS AND ENJOY!!

Being tall and slim with long hair in those days I liked the shoulder pads as well. However, don't think it would work now!!! Still tall and no longer slim, gives me the :nuts: to think about it! I must admit I saved some as well but threw them out last year.

Reactions: skyqueen
Being tall and slim with long hair in those days I liked the shoulder pads as well. However, don't think it would work now!!! Still tall and no longer slim, gives me the :nuts: to think about it! I must admit I saved some as well but threw them out last year.

Ditto about tall and not so slim anymore. But I still have a few pairs packed away somewhere. I'm a compulsive hoarder.

Ditto about tall and not so slim anymore. But I still have a few pairs packed away somewhere. I'm a compulsive hoarder.
You never know, oreo... the syle might come back! As they say: everything old is new again! And unlike miniskirts (which have come back several times, but are only for the very young), shoulder pads would work for (ahem) us more "experienced" gals. Or rather, they'd work for you and Izzy and skyqueen, because you're all tall. They'd still look pretty silly on me, since I haven't gotten any more height since the 1980s! ;)
Speaking of the Lower East Side and food, do you remember Yona Schimmel for knishes? It's still there, on Houston Street (pronounced "HOUSE-ton" of course!) And Katz's Deli, with their sign that dated all the way back to WWII: "Send a salami to your boy in the army"? (That one only rhymes if you say it with a New York accent, LOL!)

You never know, oreo... the syle might come back! As they say: everything old is new again! And unlike miniskirts (which have come back several times, but are only for the very young), shoulder pads would work for (ahem) us more "experienced" gals. Or rather, they'd work for you and Izzy and skyqueen, because you're all tall. They'd still look pretty silly on me, since I haven't gotten any more height since the 1980s! ;)
Speaking of the Lower East Side and food, do you remember Yona Schimmel for knishes? It's still there, on Houston Street (pronounced "HOUSE-ton" of course!) And Katz's Deli, with their sign that dated all the way back to WWII: "Send a salami to your boy in the army"? (That one only rhymes if you say it with a New York accent, LOL!)
The only thing that would possibly cause me to wear shoulder pads again is the fact that it was the only time that I didn't feel the shoulder strap of my overstuffed shoulderbag dig into my shoulder!!!
Th express bus driver that drove me to and from work every day to midtown back in the 70's, used to make a pit-stop at Yona's at least once a week so passengers had a delicious snack on the way home! Went to Katz's recently, and it's still exactly the same (just more expensive). And ....I have not lost my Noo Yawk accent! I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Wait a minute....what accent? I don't have an accent!!! You have the accent!! Fuggedabouddit!!!

The only thing that would possibly cause me to wear shoulder pads again is the fact that it was the only time that I didn't feel the shoulder strap of my overstuffed shoulderbag dig into my shoulder!!!
Th express bus driver that drove me to and from work every day to midtown back in the 70's, used to make a pit-stop at Yona's at least once a week so passengers had a delicious snack on the way home! Went to Katz's recently, and it's still exactly the same (just more expensive). And ....I have not lost my Noo Yawk accent! I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Wait a minute....what accent? I don't have an accent!!! You have the accent!! Fuggedabouddit!!![/QUOTE]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:doh::lol:

Th express bus driver that drove me to and from work every day to midtown back in the 70's, used to make a pit-stop at Yona's at least once a week so passengers had a delicious snack on the way home! Went to Katz's recently, and it's still exactly the same (just more expensive). And ....I have not lost my Noo Yawk accent! I don't know if that's a good thing or not. Wait a minute....what accent? I don't have an accent!!! You have the accent!! Fuggedabouddit!!!

Haha. Small shoulder pads in a blazer or a Chanel jacket style is nice though....

Reactions: can_do_mom