PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

Izzy, so good to see you here and can I just say that even with good vision I can't do multi quote? Ha ha! Hope your eye heals well and that your second eye surgery goes well!

I tried multi quote again and I apparently can't help but mess it up. Thanks for your good wisher!
Good luck with your eye surgeries Izzy! I don't know your issue, but I wanted to let you know that DH had cataracts removed several years ago, and I had one removed a year ago - it had developed VERY quickly over the course of 1 year for some reason - the other eye has one but it is very early in development. The one I had removed was very successful, and I no longer have to wear glasses as a result! I actually have great distance vision now in the "fixed" eye, and didn't have to wear reading glasses before, so the other eye still has good close vision. It's a little "confusing" at times, but I've gotten used to it, and have the best of both worlds!

Oh, maybe it works in the multi quotes. Bisbee, mine was a problem caused by the medication I take for RA. It made, within 4 months, to coa significant growth cover each of my eyes. It is different than a cataract but yet one part of the operation is much the same if not the same. I had a multi focal lens put in to correct several eye issues. I had to go back to the doctor today and he said things are going well. I hope it continues. My eye is still dilated so wishing the next week I hope for considerable improvement. What type of lens did you use?

Thanks to Skyqueen and Oreo but as usual I messed up with the quote business.

View attachment 3580553
Skyqueen, It's a small locket, with the LV logo in a circle. I frequently wear small, dainty necklaces so this is perfect for me.

We are going to Playa Del Carmen. We've been there before, but haven't stayed at this resort. It's a business perk trip for hubby and I. Usually they take him hunting or fishing but this time the wives are going too. I haven't traveled with this group in many years but it should be fun!
The necklace it adorable Enjoy your vacation...I am sooooooooooooo jealous!

Reactions: can_do_mom
Izzy, I don't know the type of lens he used...I looked at the card they gave me, but I can't tell except it's an Alcon AcrySof IQ lens, but that tells me nothing! It is amazing what they can do now...and although it's a different problem, I hope you have a similarly good outcome!

View attachment 3580553
Skyqueen, It's a small locket, with the LV logo in a circle. I frequently wear small, dainty necklaces so this is perfect for me.

We are going to Playa Del Carmen. We've been there before, but haven't stayed at this resort. It's a business perk trip for hubby and I. Usually they take him hunting or fishing but this time the wives are going too. I haven't traveled with this group in many years but it should be fun!
What a pretty locket, and it's such a good cause! BTW, I love your outfit in the other photo, too! :tup:

View attachment 3580553

I'm very tempted...love the locket and the fact that LV contributes $200 to UNICEF. Hmmm...

Done!

Last edited:
Izzy, I don't know the type of lens he used...I looked at the card they gave me, but I can't tell except it's an Alcon AcrySof IQ lens, but that tells me nothing! It is amazing what they can do now...and although it's a different problem, I hope you have a similarly good outcome!
Bisbee, they had to work on my arteries and replace the lens from the deposit on my cornea. The deposit had the same impact a cataract has. The lens used was only approved in the US in the fall of 2016 so it is relatively new here but used in Europe for some time. It is called Sympony. Not certain that is spelled correctly. I had to pay a significant amount of money that the insurance wouldn't pay due to the fact the lens is so new and expensive. As of tonight my eye feels not great but it is not infected or anything like that. I suppose it just takes time.

Bisbee, they had to work on my arteries and replace the lens from the deposit on my cornea. The deposit had the same impact a cataract has. The lens used was only approved in the US in the fall of 2016 so it is relatively new here but used in Europe for some time. It is called Sympony. Not certain that is spelled correctly. I had to pay a significant amount of money that the insurance wouldn't pay due to the fact the lens is so new and expensive. As of tonight my eye feels not great but it is not infected or anything like that. I suppose it just takes time.
I'm so sorry your eye is still bothering you, Izzy. Can you take something for the pain, or do they make you go through it "cold turkey"??? :annoyed:

I'm so sorry your eye is still bothering you, Izzy. Can you take something for the pain, or do they make you go through it "cold turkey"??? :annoyed:
E
Elaine, it's my own fault. I took off the clear patch and forgot and rubbed my eye twice, used my eye to read, went out in the sunlight without the horrible black glasses so I can't complain. I just put in my last antibiotics and I am going to stop for the night and take it easy tomorrow. I declined pain medicine!!!!!!!!!!! You know me, Elaine!

E

Elaine, it's my own fault. I took off the clear patch and forgot and rubbed my eye twice, used my eye to read, went out in the sunlight without the horrible black glasses so I can't complain. I just put in my last antibiotics and I am going to stop for the night and take it easy tomorrow. I declined pain medicine!!!!!!!!!!! You know me, Elaine!
Yup, Izzy, that sounds like you! A brave soldier! :flowers:
Okay, then, take it easy for the rest of the evening and maybe it will be better tomorrow.
AND WEAR THOSE SUNGLASSES!!!!!! :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

E

Very important to keep the clear patch on at night...at least I had to tape it on every night for a month! It was a annoyance , but very important not to rub the eye. I had pain that was caused by one of the drops I had to use...it stopped as soon as they changed the drops. Hope your eye improves very soon!

View attachment 3580553

I love it, CDM! Wear in good health!
Have fun, I've never been to Playa Del Carmen................

Hello everyone, long time no see. I can't catch up due to eye issues but I did see your picture Skyqueen and your Lily looks fab with your Gucci. I had my first eye surgery today and my next one will be Feb.1. As of yet we don't know the results of today's
surgery but my physician is optimistic for a good outcome.
Izzy hoping the eye surgery is a great success and an excellent outcome. Nice to see you back and posting. Good luck for Feb 1st.

View attachment 3580136 I went into work with my daughter yesterday. She works at a nice mall. I thought I'd pick up a few things for the trip to Mexico. I'm friendly with the lovely gentlemen at the LV store and so I wandered in to pay them a visit. No new bags for me but look what I ended up buying. It's hard to see in our pic, but it's an adorable little LV locket, part of their Make a Promise campaign. With each locket or bracelet purchase they donate $200 to UNICEF to help children in need.
So that's Reed and I, making a pinky promise!
What a lovely picture CDM, you look fantastic dear! - Did you look at any bags :graucho:

Last edited: