PART 2 Come join the 50-ish-plus Club! (age, not # of bags)

I got sick with pleurisy last week, so my pulmonologist has ordered me indoors for the duration (except for neighborhood walks, since we live in a small town and it's easy to physically distance). I'm even barred from grocery shopping, so I'm using the InstaCart app to have our food delivered.

It could have been so much worse… it's not COVID-19… but it was definitely a scare and a wake-up call, all at the same time. I even had to go to the hospital for a chest x-ray, and boy did I NOT want to go into that place! :panic:

But I'm slowly pulling out of it, thank goodness, and I'm grateful that it wasn't the crisis it might have been. :smile:

I got sick with pleurisy last week, so my pulmonologist has ordered me indoors for the duration (except for neighborhood walks, since we live in a small town and it's easy to physically distance). I'm even barred from grocery shopping, so I'm using the InstaCart app to have our food delivered.

It could have been so much worse… it's not COVID-19… but it was definitely a scare and a wake-up call, all at the same time. I even had to go to the hospital for a chest x-ray, and boy did I NOT want to go into that place! :panic:

But I'm slowly pulling out of it, thank goodness, and I'm grateful that it wasn't the crisis it might have been. :smile:

Oh dear, but I’m glad to hear you’re pulling out of it :hugs:

Sending you warm thoughts, dear @Cilifene . :heart: :hugs: :heart:

Thanks SO much!!! :hugs::heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: ElainePG

So sorry to hear this Elaine! Also happy it isn’t the virus...take care of yourself! :hugs:(Virtual hugs!)

hope you are feeling better today, Elaine -- take care!

That sounds scary!

Reactions: ElainePG

:sad: I'm very sorry Elaine. That sounds terribly frightening as well as painful. I'm glad you're taking it easy, on the mend and have a good doctor caring for you. Please don't do anything strenuous and remember that your TPF pals are thinking of you! :flowers:

Gotta admit, I was scared. Especially when I went to the hospital for a chest x ray. They were very nice, but I kept imagining these giant virus germs roaming the halls ... :amazed: :sick:

I’m so fortunate, though, I have a terrific pulmonologist and she’s taking great care of me.
That's great. Several months before this happened, I had been trying to get a referral to a pulmonologist. My doctor was trying to get all my records from my previous doctors before he did the referral but the other doctor's offices never sent the records. I've given up the search for now.

That's great. Several months before this happened, I had been trying to get a referral to a pulmonologist. My doctor was trying to get all my records from my previous doctors before he did the referral but the other doctor's offices never sent the records. I've given up the search for now.
How frustrating. And for sure, now is NOT the time to go looking for a pulmonologist! :whut:

Reactions: whateve