Parker mushroom hippie versus graphite hippie

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
O.K. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually considering returning the graphite Parker hippie, I got yesterday. Before anyone gets upset that this is a veiled attempt to sell it, it isn't. I have the receipt so a return shouldn't be a problem. actually i'm thinkin i could ask them to order the cinnamon instead.

I already managed to get the mushroom from the outlet. When I put the two side by side I don't really notice a huge color difference. The graphite is shinier, the mushroom, a little browner. But unless I put the two side by side I'm not sure my eyes would discern a difference. Since I paid FP for the graphite and outlet price for the mushroom it kind of seems like a no brainer. Keep the mushroom return the graphite.

Does anyone else think that these two are virtually identical colors? I've never heard anyone here put them side by side.

I wear lots of black and brown & I think the graphite would go better with black and the mushroom brown, but neither is so far off that I'd feel the need to do a I'm wearing black or brown switch because of it.

Again I seek your opinions.

Last edited:
wow I can't believe you scored a Mushroom Hippie at the outlet! thats awesome...but I really do think the colors are different enough to justify having both. But if you feel differently than definitely get rid of the Graphite & save that money for something you will love, something that's different.

I have the large cinnamon hippie, and I love it. I cannot believe how much stuff it matches. I didn't think it would match any of my clothes because the color is kinda....weird (pretty, but def unusual). But it does! Hope that helps your decision making process :smile: You know which I'm voting for!

Well after the thread I posted yesterday, I'm glad to read that the colors are that similar, since I really wanted the mushroom but got the graphite! For you though, yeah, if you think they're too similar, and you'd wear either with both black and brown, definitely return the graphite and get cinnamon.

Last edited:
I have the small in cinnamon, and I love it, the color goes with pretty much anything IMO. And it's a warmer color than the mushroom, not at all black or gray, and has the lovely rosegold hardware, which will also distinguish it from the mushroom and the graphite. Both are beautiful, though, but if you're paying FP I'd go for the cinnamon instead of graphite.