ParisBombay

jules44

Sep 10, 2008
Was in my H boutique today and fell hard for the white Epsom ParisBombay. What a chic bag! Anyone here has one or had one and sold it? Curious to hear about pros and cons of this bag. I have Birkins and Evelyn, this seems like a good shoulder bag option. TIA

I have the "high" 37 cm Paris-Bombay in etoupe clemence and truly love this bag. It is more casual than the white epsom you looked at (because it is less structured), but I agree that it is very chic. For me, there are no cons---I can get a ton of stuff in it and it sits securely beside my chest when worn. In clemence, it is nice and squishy, not too wide, and easy to get in and out of. It is a great bag for travel. Although I know that some people here don't like this bag as well as other H shoulder bag options, aside from a Kelly, thus far this is the only shoulder bag I really adore. HTH!

I have the "high" 37 cm Paris-Bombay in etoupe clemence and truly love this bag. It is more casual than the white epsom you looked at (because it is less structured), but I agree that it is very chic. For me, there are no cons---I can get a ton of stuff in it and it sits securely beside my chest when worn. In clemence, it is nice and squishy, not too wide, and easy to get in and out of. It is a great bag for travel. Although I know that some people here don't like this bag as well as other H shoulder bag options, aside from a Kelly, thus far this is the only shoulder bag I really adore. HTH!

I agree with kipp. The 37cm PB "high" is a treat to carry. I also own a 40cm in VL...adore that one, too. They are beautifully made and very functional. :flowers:

How comfortable are the straps on the shoulder? Especially when loaded, since they are rolled handles (I think?), unlike the Victoria. I love the shape of the PB, but after carrying a more boxy tote like the Birkin, I'm unsure if I'd like the more horizontal shape of the PM or GM size...was curious, too, about the "high" version.

I carry the high version to work almost every day with TONS of stuff. Aside from the usual items, such as wallet, cosmetics, keys, phone, bberry, I carry legal pads, a book, lunch, shoes, and an umbrella. I drag it on the subway and drop it on the floor at work. It still looks great. Every woman in NY has a black tote. But not this tote. HTH.

I've looked "high" and low (pardon the pun) for pictures of this model and can't find one. Basically it is like the original Paris-Bombay but taller. It is still has an east-west orientation, though.

ouija board, the shoulder straps have been fine for me---if they start to slip a bit I just place one behind the other to anchor it. This bag is comfortable for me, and easy to use. So easy, in fact, that I often wear this bag instead of my Birkins. :smile:

I think the PB looks excellent when structured in a 40cm. The high version looks too floppy, IMO.

But the high is a great casual bag - I saw a lady IRL carrying the high in white, wearing white linen pants and she looked great.