Paris winter sale

linera

O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
Hi guys,

So I am going to the Europe for the first time and will be arriving end of Jan/beginning of Feb to study abroad for the semester :yahoo:
I am considering going to the Paris winter sale and was just wondering what it was like.

How do the discounts compare the US sales?
Recommended places to go?
Do big places and department stores have better discount than boutiques? (such as Printempts and le galeries lafayette)
Do the VAT return still apply during the sales?

I'm not just looking for designer pieces, but maybe less well known names or maybe local brands and was wondering if they had discounts too.

Or if you guys just had any general paris/europe shopping trips and recommendations that would be great too since I've never been, thanks! :biggrin:

The sales start on January 9th and last 5 weeks.
I suggest you visit the big department stores you mentioned, first. All famous brands are represented in one place and you can decide on what to buy. Then, once you know exactly what you fancy....you can go to the branded boutiques to see if the discount will be more interesting....
You'll love Paris sales!

The sales start on January 9th and last 5 weeks.
I suggest you visit the big department stores you mentioned, first. All famous brands are represented in one place and you can decide on what to buy. Then, once you know exactly what you fancy....you can go to the branded boutiques to see if the discount will be more interesting....
You'll love Paris sales!

ITA.. Paris sales are fantastic especially if you time it right...

I recommand you le bon marche ( métro station: sèvres Babylone) great store, big like galeries or printemps but more beautiful, élégant and with more luxurous brands.

And There is le village la vallée, close to Disneyland Paris, like a little village with outlet shops of french / italien désigners: few i remember : anne fontaine burberry lancel mont blanc...