Paris trip

louloulou89

Jun 27, 2013
Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice... i'm going to Paris in March for my birthday and really want to buy a new chanel bag.
I always thought my holy grail bag was the jumbo in caviar with silver hardware but i purchased a Jumbo in june just before the price increase here in the UK and returned it due to how heavy it was.
So now i'm thinking maybe a medium?? I'm only 5ft3, i already have a mini and a woc and feel like i need something a bit bigger. I don't carry much on a daily basis.
I'm torn between a medium classic in black with silver hardware, a reissue in size 225/226 or maybe a medium boy??
Any ideas/advice please?
I would only be using this bag at the weekends and would want it to satisfy my requirements for the next few years at least due to how expensive chanel is now :sad:. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you

The medium classic flap doesnt hold much more than a mini due to the double flap. It fits the same as my square and rectangular mini. I don't have a reissue or a boy so not sure how much they fit in comparison. When I need a bigger bag I use my Jumbo but I agree it is quite heavy but it fits a really good amount of stuff into it.

Reactions: Greentea
Either reissue 225 or 226 would fit you nicely. try them on at a local store in US sometime before your Paris trip in March so you have an idea and focus - There's plenty to think about while you're there like VAT, etc. so it can get overwhelming if you're aimlessly looking but determined to get something... sometimes the tourist location boutiques get busy and you might feel more pressured so good to have some idea on what you want first). They both fit more stuff than the M/L flap. it will also give you a slightly different classic look than the mini and WOC. It's easily the best classic when it comes to practical daily use perspective.

Also one thing I personally LOVE to do while visiting boutiques outside of US -> checking out the custom jewelry collection... I often find past season but very unique pieces that were never before seen or totally not available in the US. it's like treasure hunting! :lol:

Either reissue 225 or 226 would fit you nicely. try them on at a local store in US sometime before your Paris trip in March so you have an idea and focus - There's plenty to think about while you're there like VAT, etc. so it can get overwhelming if you're aimlessly looking but determined to get something... sometimes the tourist location boutiques get busy and you might feel more pressured so good to have some idea on what you want first). They both fit more stuff than the M/L flap. it will also give you a slightly different classic look than the mini and WOC. It's easily the best classic when it comes to practical daily use perspective.

Also one thing I personally LOVE to do while visiting boutiques outside of US -> checking out the custom jewelry collection... I often find past season but very unique pieces that were never before seen or totally not available in the US. it's like treasure hunting! :lol:
I believe OP resides in the U.K. as she mentions how expensive Chanel is "here in the UK".

Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice... i'm going to Paris in March for my birthday and really want to buy a new chanel bag.
I always thought my holy grail bag was the jumbo in caviar with silver hardware but i purchased a Jumbo in june just before the price increase here in the UK and returned it due to how heavy it was.
So now i'm thinking maybe a medium?? I'm only 5ft3, i already have a mini and a woc and feel like i need something a bit bigger. I don't carry much on a daily basis.
I'm torn between a medium classic in black with silver hardware, a reissue in size 225/226 or maybe a medium boy??
Any ideas/advice please?
I would only be using this bag at the weekends and would want it to satisfy my requirements for the next few years at least due to how expensive chanel is now :sad:. Any help is appreciated!! Thank you
Since you stated you " would only be using this bag at the weekends" the case I would go with classic ml.
If dairy use, I would go with boy bag for more casual and edgy style and can wear as cross body too. Reissue is another great classic flap and best for the weight and can fit more inside in these 3 type of the bags. I own these ml flaps bags and boy, reissue 225 size, and to me the most used bag is boy almost everyday. But I love all of my ml classic flaps style and my first Chanel was ml flap. :love: I can't imagine myself not having ml in my Chanel.
Don't worry, most of the time many boutiques in Paris have these in stock and you can compare there. :yes:Actually I never planned to buy a boy bag there but I could compare with many other style there since many stocks usually that is the best things in Paris boutique and actually that's why I prefer to buy in Paris. I hope you have a wonderful experience in Paris and enjoy!!!!! :smile:

Reactions: Chanel7Chanel