Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Congrats! Getting a Rodeo is actually pretty good already as many places don’t have that even!

It is also true that KTG and CTG is super hard to find and mostly need an SA to offer you after knowing you for awhile I guess. Just curious do you prefer CTG or KTG between the two? ☺️
I never knew that getting a rodeo was gonna be difficult in Paris! I will snap a picture of the rodeo when I’m back!
I personally prefer thé KTG more than the CTG as it exudes more elegance? What about you?

Reactions: needlv and ubiubi
I never knew that getting a rodeo was gonna be difficult in Paris! I will snap a picture of the rodeo when I’m back!
I personally prefer thé KTG more than the CTG as it exudes more elegance? What about you?

I personally prefer KTG as well! Even though the clasp is alot more effort to handle, but I think that it has a really nice vibe to it.

Yes rodeos are so so hard to come by and generally are paired with a QB in many places in the world. That means they are hardly offered individually for sale.

Is this a special edition? Usually a PM Pegase is only €540 and a normal PM Rodeo is €384. Your one is probably a special ki
I personally prefer KTG as well! Even though the clasp is alot more effort to handle, but I think that it has a really nice vibe to it.

Yes rodeos are so so hard to come by and generally are paired with a QB in many places in the world. That means they are hardly offered individually for sale.
Ahhh I see! I will have to thank my lucky stars once again for the rodeo!

Did you managed to snag up any KTG lately or have any in your collection @lilbabypinkstar ?

Ahhh I see! I will have to thank my lucky stars once again for the rodeo!

Did you managed to snag up any KTG lately or have any in your collection @lilbabypinkstar ?

Yes I have just one KTG! I was lucky to buy it online though, cause I was never lucky enough to be offered one in store.

It is a Gris Meyer with GHW.

Bonjour everyone - I am currently on the last day of my Paris trip and thought I'd share my observations:
  • I was hopeful my FSH SA from last year's leather appointment would be able to meet with me this trip. Unfortunately, he responded once via email prior to my trip to say he would be delighted to help me. Then ghosted me lol! I ran into him at FSH twice and he expressed that he wanted to help me get a leather appointment, but he made no promises. Other than sending me a text that he was happy to see me in Paris and wishing me a good trip....he was otherwise not super responsive on Whatsapp. Unfortunately, I was not able to get an appointment this trip - I tried going in the afternoon to see if there were cancellations, but that didn't work. There were so many people trying for appointments....and almost all were unsuccessful. I only saw one case where the hostess scheduled a couple (who spoke French) for an appointment. I came across one lady in the shoe section trying to convince the shoe SA to help her get an appointment. She said she was at the store during store opening......it was 4:30PM when I overheard that conversation. She was there all day!
  • Kelly To Go and Constance to Gos were so hard to get this trip. I tried all 3 stores, and all leather SAs confirmed that they only had exotics, but I wasn't interested. Depending on the SA, some would pull up their phones and literally check the inventory. Some refused to - so it really depends on who you meet
  • Kelly belts were also nearly impossible to get. I was offered a croc one in black but I didn't want it...so turned it down. I got lucky on my 4th day and scored a black one with RGW but it was pure luck. I went to all 3 stores on different days (but hit up FSH almost every day) before finally scoring one. I was so happy because I have been wanting that belt for so long!
  • My first full day in Paris, I received a message from IT saying that my IP address has been blocked by Hermes. The leather desk hostess suggested I call IT, which I did. I was told the reason for the block was because i had tried to apply twice (all I did was hit the refresh button, but that was enough to cause the block) and that I shouldn't apply that day. Now I have to fit a puzzle into an image every time I try for a lottery appointment - an annoying step lol! So heads up, only apply once from your phone!
  • SAs aren't able to check inventory in departments they aren't assigned. So for example, homeware SAs can't see wallet inventory. But there is a Whatsapp group for the SAs and they communicate stock to each other. If you are lucky, they will walk you down to the leather department and ask for what you want. Unfortunately, in my experience, the answer back is more often "no"
  • All SAs are increasingly becoming more jaded when you approach. They know you're after a bag and you can tell they know from the look in their eyes. The look of warmth slowly fades as you walk over.

Anyways - wanted to share my story as I know there are quite a few of you who can commiserate. At least I got some amazing shoes, RTW, homeware and belts from this trip!

Last edited:
Bonjour everyone - I am currently on the last day of my Paris trip and thought I'd share my observations:
  • I was hopeful my FSH SA from last year's leather appointment would be able to meet with me this trip. Unfortunately, he responded once via email prior to my trip to say he would be delighted to help me. Then ghosted me lol! I ran into him at FSH twice and he expressed that he wanted to help me get a leather appointment, but he made no promises. Other than sending me a text that he was happy to see me in Paris and wishing me a good trip....he was otherwise not super responsive on Whatsapp. Unfortunately, I was not able to get an appointment this trip - I tried going in the afternoon to see if there were cancellations, but that didn't work. There were so many people trying for appointments....and almost all were unsuccessful. I only saw one case where the hostess scheduled a couple (who spoke French) for an appointment. I came across one lady in the shoe section trying to convince the shoe SA to help her get an appointment. She said she was at the store during store opening......it was 4:30PM when I overheard that conversation. She was there all day!
  • Kelly To Go and Constance to Gos were so hard to get this trip. I tried all 3 stores, and all leather SAs confirmed that they only had exotics, but I wasn't interested. Depending on the SA, some would pull up their phones and literally check the inventory. Some refused to - so it really depends on who you meet
  • Kelly belts were also nearly impossible to get. I was offered a croc one in black but I didn't want it...so turned it down. I got lucky on my 4th day and scored a black one with RGW but it was pure luck. I went to all 3 stores on different days (but hit up FSH almost every day) before finally scoring one. I was so happy because I have been wanting that belt for so long!
  • My first full day in Paris, I received a message from IT saying that my IP address has been blocked by Hermes. The leather desk hostess suggested I call IT, which I did. I was told the reason for the block was because i had tried to apply twice (all I did was hit the refresh button, but that was enough to cause the block) and that I shouldn't apply that day. Now I have to fit a puzzle into an image every time I try for a lottery appointment - an annoying step lol! So heads up, only apply once from your phone!
  • SAs aren't able to check inventory in departments they aren't assigned. So for example, homeware SAs can't see wallet inventory. But there is a Whatsapp group for the SAs and they communicate stock to each other. If you are lucky, they will walk you down to the leather department and ask for what you want. Unfortunately, in my experience, the answer back is more often "no"
  • All SAs are increasingly becoming more jaded when you approach. They know you're after a bag and you can tell they know from the look in their eyes. The look of warmth slowly fades as you walk over.

Anyways - wanted to share my story as I know there are quite a few of you who can commiserate. At least I got some amazing shoes, RTW, homeware and belts from this trip!
Oh dear...

Oh wow! That was a lot.

I am, however, glad you were finally able to get a Kelly belt!!! Congrats!!

Reactions: needlv and LilyLA
Had a really awful experience in Paris this time around. Background story is that my SA left so I tried the lottery system for more than a week and wasn’t successful. At FSH, it was virtually impossible to get any last min/cancelled leather appt. Nobody checked my profile at all. Was just flat out no. The SLG counter was willing to give CTG and KTG in exotics only. RTW was better. Bought whatever I wanted from AW23. Shoes was horrible. The queues were tremendously long and the staff weren’t friendly. The scarfs SA was the epitome of French snobbery. I asked for new season twillies and she replied that they had nothing. Had to repeat myself 3 times to ask to see the trays and she finally took them out reluctantly after giving me the pfft sound. But she wasn’t lying. They were low in stock. Even then, am I not entitled as a long time customer to ask to see scarfs? Even after buying so much RTW I couldn’t score an online lottery appt. Makes me wonder if I should have just supported my usual SA at the home store to clock my prespend instead of buying in Paris (albeit at a cheaper price). I’m ranting here becos im evidently upset with the less than satisfactory level of service and hospitality at FSH vs other stores I shop in the world. Hermes ought to do a ghost shopping audit on their flagship.

Last edited:
Had a really awful experience in Paris this time around. Background story is that my SA left so I tried the lottery system for more than a week and wasn’t successful. At FSH, it was virtually impossible to get any last min/cancelled leather appt. Nobody checked my profile at all. Was just flat out no. The SLG counter was willing to give CTG and KTG in exotics only. RTW was better. Bought whatever I wanted from AW23. Shoes was horrible. The queues were tremendously long and the staff weren’t friendly. The scarfs SA was the epitome of French snobbery. I asked for new season twillies and she replied that they had nothing. Had to repeat myself 3 times to ask to see the trays and she finally took them out reluctantly after giving me the pfft sound. But she wasn’t lying. They were low in stock. Even then, am I not entitled as a long time customer to ask to see scarfs? Even after buying so much RTW I couldn’t score an online lottery appt. Makes me wonder if I should have just supported my usual SA at the home store to clock my prespend instead of buying in Paris (albeit at a cheaper price). I’m ranting here becos im evidently upset with the less than satisfactory level of service and hospitality at FSH vs other stores I shop in the world. Hermes ought to do a ghost shopping audit on their flagship.
i empathize! The lines for shoes were were really long and it was sometimes hard to get in line for the shoe queue because some cut. It is a little comforting to know your SLG experience was similar to mine- exotics only. I found that the relationship with each SA stayed warm as long as I didn’t push for a leather appointment. It seems that every customer is pushing for lottery appointments and ad hoc ones are hard to get now a days. I wonder what the criteria is for that.

Reactions: needlv
Unfortunately it seems that other than giving very limited online random appointments for a shot at a bag without any prior history, the Paris stores no longer encourage establishing or even maintaining a relationship with them. They highly recommended shopping at one's nearest home store and that's the best option I can think of for clients. My SAs have never really given me reasons for the constant policy changes and apparent contradictory decisions by management. I think they don't even always agree with them. Please do enjoy your RTW and the lovely weather in Paris. Shopping at Hermes should be a happy experience and I am sorry it wasn't this time.

i empathize! The lines for shoes were were really long and it was sometimes hard to get in line for the shoe queue because some cut. It is a little comforting to know your SLG experience was similar to mine- exotics only. I found that the relationship with each SA stayed warm as long as I didn’t push for a leather appointment. It seems that every customer is pushing for lottery appointments and ad hoc ones are hard to get now a days. I wonder what the criteria is for that.
I'll be honest and say the criteria is a high spend in other departments or a good spend even in one's home store together with a personal introduction, but it doesn't always guarantee a bag offer which is desired.

Based on my experience the past week, it seems that currently, even for those who got the online leather appointment, a QB doesn’t seem to be offered more often than not. It seems that they are offering non QB bags now, even for those with the online leather appointment and by non QB, I mean herbags, garden party, roulis etc. Even for picotins, I overheard the SAs saying they have no stock for Picotins (so basically, take whatever bag I have or leave it and try the lottery again).

Those that are able to score a QB in Paris with no pre-spend seem to be more and more of a dream rather than a reality, unlike pre-Covid days. I personally feel that in Paris now, you need to have some form of pre-spend before even being considered for a popular non QB or even a QB.

Based on my experience the past week, it seems that currently, even for those who got the online leather appointment, a QB doesn’t seem to be offered more often than not. It seems that they are offering non QB bags now, even for those with the online leather appointment and by non QB, I mean herbags, garden party, roulis etc. Even for picotins, I overheard the SAs saying they have no stock for Picotins (so basically, take whatever bag I have or leave it and try the lottery again).

Those that are able to score a QB in Paris with no pre-spend seem to be more and more of a dream rather than a reality, unlike pre-Covid days. I personally feel that in Paris now, you need to have some form of pre-spend before even being considered for a popular non QB or even a QB.
That last paragraph does seem to be the trend for new clients now.