Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Hi, I just returned from Paris. I was there from September 4th to 18th mainly for work but also added on vacation time. I had an opportunity to visit all the stores. I visited FSH on Sept 6th and observed that all the desks were occupied with open boxes containing mainly GP, Picotins and larger Evelynes. I did not see an empty desk which indicated to me that virtually all the offers were being conducted in public, thus few QB were being offered.

George V-had a long line to get in and an even long line to wait for an SA in every department. George V was the only store that had lines, both to get into the store and for assistance in every department... it is truly overrun with customers. If planning a trip to Paris I would recommend staying away from George V as it had a long line every day. I was staying at a hotel in the nearby and it always had a long line.

I was rejected by the lottery at every attempt and I have a purchase history in France. I had an appointment on Wed only to find out that all appointments had been cancelled due to an IT glitch. I did ask for a walk-up appointment a Sevres, they asked what I was looking for and went to inquire but ultimately was rejected, I think because I was asking for a Kelly. I was lucky enough to get to participate in a paper making workshop at Petit H which was a fun and unique.

I was able to secure a walk-up leather appointment at FSH the next day, where I was able to get a Kelly 28 and a new SA, for which I was extremely grateful. I had to wait for ~ 45 minutes for my appointment and I saw several people being granted walk-up appointments. I thought they must have gotten a shipment. However, my SA indicated that they had not gotten new leather stock since the previous week and that they were very low on stock waiting on a shipment. We speculated that they may be holding stock for fashion week. Not sure if the walk-up appointments were being granted because of another IT glitch or cancellations. Just thankful to have gotten an appointment. I had met my SA before as he had been at the leather desk on one of my previous visits and I was surprised when I first saw him as I thought he worked the desk. He indicated that they change off positions as working the desk is very challenging and so one day they may be working the desk the next day the SLG counter and another day appointments. Keep this in ming when asking for walk-up appointments.

During my 3 visits to FSH I had to wait for assistance giving me the opportunity to observe just how the people at the leather appointment desk are treated. They are asked in mass for appointments and many people are not happy about being rejected. I observed numerous entitled people who were verbally abusive to the staff. Several men came in with scantly clad women for whom they were seeking appointments and seemed shocked that they were not granted an appointment and/or could not purchase one of the many bags on display. One such man told the staff that he would be tracking down the CEO and letting him know about the outrageous practices. It was entertaining to watch-but also sad that so many people seem to think that this type of behaviour is acceptable, and/or that it will help them achieve their goals. My advice is to be respectful of the staff and understand they have a difficult job. I do think that they are doing their best under challenging circumstances.

For walk-in appointments I would recommend trying FSH and Sevres. If you don't have an appointment I would suggest allowing some time so that you can observe and try and approach the desk when no one else is around. They are most likely to grant a walk-up appointment to someone when no one else is around. I don't think that purchase history helps secure a lottery appointment but I do think it might help with a walk-in appointment. Always be kind and courteous. I also would not be surprised to see if all appointments in Paris are soon granted only via the lottery. I was told that they now have 20,000 requests a day for appointments so

I also stopped into the Hermes duty free store in the airport there was a wait to get in and everyone asked about bags. I was looking for scarves. I was also interested to see if they had any Passant-long wallets as there was one on display and I had not seen one for a few years. The SA's at the airport were so new that they did not even know the name, I pulled one from my purse and they laughed as said ohh they had not know the name of the wallet, but they could not sell anything in the windows as it was for display purposes only. I asked for a click16 but again I had to show them pictures as they were so new they did not know what I was referring. I was offered Bern wallet (not interested) and a mini Evelyne. I was told that they do get a limited supply of bags at the airport but are selective with whom they offer them to as everyone comes in and asks for bags. They told me that they only had 2 bags in stock both Evelyne and they did not when they would get more so they are always selective with whom they offer, so keep this in mind when shopping duty free. I hope that this update is of assistance.

Thanks, Genepi! Really appreciate your detailed heads up :tup:

Reactions: Juilletdix
Hi, I just returned from Paris. I was there from September 4th to 18th mainly for work but also added on vacation time. I had an opportunity to visit all the stores. I visited FSH on Sept 6th and observed that all the desks were occupied with open boxes containing mainly GP, Picotins and larger Evelynes. I did not see an empty desk which indicated to me that virtually all the offers were being conducted in public, thus few QB were being offered.

George V-had a long line to get in and an even long line to wait for an SA in every department. George V was the only store that had lines, both to get into the store and for assistance in every department... it is truly overrun with customers. If planning a trip to Paris I would recommend staying away from George V as it had a long line every day. I was staying at a hotel in the nearby and it always had a long line.

I was rejected by the lottery at every attempt and I have a purchase history in France. I had an appointment on Wed only to find out that all appointments had been cancelled due to an IT glitch. I did ask for a walk-up appointment a Sevres, they asked what I was looking for and went to inquire but ultimately was rejected, I think because I was asking for a Kelly. I was lucky enough to get to participate in a paper making workshop at Petit H which was a fun and unique.

I was able to secure a walk-up leather appointment at FSH the next day, where I was able to get a Kelly 28 and a new SA, for which I was extremely grateful. I had to wait for ~ 45 minutes for my appointment and I saw several people being granted walk-up appointments. I thought they must have gotten a shipment. However, my SA indicated that they had not gotten new leather stock since the previous week and that they were very low on stock waiting on a shipment. We speculated that they may be holding stock for fashion week. Not sure if the walk-up appointments were being granted because of another IT glitch or cancellations. Just thankful to have gotten an appointment. I had met my SA before as he had been at the leather desk on one of my previous visits and I was surprised when I first saw him as I thought he worked the desk. He indicated that they change off positions as working the desk is very challenging and so one day they may be working the desk the next day the SLG counter and another day appointments. Keep this in mind when asking for walk-up appointments.

During my 3 visits to FSH I had to wait for assistance giving me the opportunity to observe just how the people at the leather appointment desk are treated. They are asked in mass for appointments and many people are not happy about being rejected. I observed numerous entitled people who were verbally abusive to the staff. Several men came in with scantly clad women for whom they were seeking appointments and seemed shocked that they were not granted an appointment and/or could not purchase one of the many bags on display. One such man told the staff that he would be tracking down the CEO and letting him know about the outrageous practices. It was entertaining to watch-but also sad that so many people seem to think that this type of behaviour is acceptable, and/or that it will help them achieve their goals. My advice is to be respectful of the staff and understand they have a difficult job. I do think that they are doing their best under challenging circumstances.

For walk-in appointments I would recommend trying FSH and Sevres. If you don't have an appointment I would suggest allowing some time so that you can observe and try and approach the desk when no one else is around. They are most likely to grant a walk-up appointment to someone when no one else is around. I don't think that purchase history helps secure a lottery appointment but I do think it might help with a walk-in appointment. Always be kind and courteous. I also would not be surprised to see if all appointments in Paris are soon granted only via the lottery. I was told that they now have 20,000 requests a day for appointments.

I also stopped into the Hermes duty free store in the airport there was a wait to get in and everyone asked about bags. I was looking for scarves. I was also interested to see if they had any Passant-long wallets as there was one on display and I had not seen one for a few years. The SA's at the airport were so new that they did not even know the name, I pulled one from my purse and they laughed as said ohh they had not know the name of the wallet, but they could not sell anything in the windows as it was for display purposes only. I asked for a click16 but again I had to show them pictures as they were so new they did not know what I was referring. I was offered Bern wallet (not interested) and a mini Evelyne. I was told that they do get a limited supply of bags at the airport but are selective with whom they offer them to as everyone comes in and asks for bags. They told me that they only had 2 bags in stock both Evelyne and they did not know when they would get more, so they are always selective with whom they offer, so keep this in mind when shopping duty free. I hope that this update is of assistance.
How would you compare the experience for walk-in appointment in FSH and Sevres?

Always be kind and courteous
i agree especially with your statement above. My pre scheduled appt, on Monday, the 19th, at FSH, wasn’t too crowded bc design week just ended, and fashion week has not yet begun. My limited experience has been that the best things happen when you sincerely don’t expect them. I do not have a high prespend history at FSH, but my DH somehow knows how to connect with SAs. It helps that he honestly doesn’t care if we get anything; he likes to learn about craft and artistry; and, he is much more particular (and knowledgeable) about fashion, fit, and design than I am.

He loves to come to Paris to see beautiful things. There is a big Parisian world of shopping (and of course culture, food etc) besides Hermes to discover like charvet shirts; Corthay shoes; and, recently, modern French furniture at Pierre Augustine Rose (and many many others) :smile: The stores and galleries are welcoming to thosewho browse as well as shop.

Last edited:
How would you compare the experience for walk-in appointment in FSH and Sevres?
In my opinion it is probably easier to get a walk in appointment at Sevres than FSH. On my last two visits (April and Sept) of this year Sevres was not as busy as FSH. I got a walk-in appointment at Sevres in April, but not this time, I suspect it is purchase history. I had not purchased anything at Sevres in September at the time of asking.

Sevres still has that local feeling and I think that they reward loyalty. When I am in Paris I want to visit all 3 stores as inventory differs. I always visit Sevres because I like Petit H but on this visit the Petit H shop was always busy with a workshop or hosting an event and so I could not shop Petit H. Sevres is the one shop where all customers seem to be offered a drink while waiting or shopping. I find the experience to be much more relaxed and enjoyable. Of all the stores I think Sevres is my favourite due to the architectural design of the store and the overall vibe, the staff are also incredibly nice and helpful. If I had not been able to secure a new SA at FSH my plan for my next visit was to concentrate my purchases at Sevres and hope to secure a walk-in appointment.

At George V I was told that SA's can offer 1 customer a day a bag provided that they have stock. So if you can click with an SA and they have stock that may be an option as well. It is just that between the very long lines and limited stock the SAs are truly beleaguered in that store and I think it would be difficult make that connection and stock is likely to be more limited.

I was also told repeatedly that Hermes wants to discourage people coming to Paris to shop, they want them to shop a their local boutique, especially when it comes to leather goods. Based upon the number of times I heard this being told to customers I would not be surprised if at some point in the future the lottery is restricted only to "new clients" with no purchase history or some other limiting factor. I think it is only going to get harder and harder to come home from Paris with a QB.

I was also told repeatedly that Hermes wants to discourage people coming to Paris to shop, they want them to shop a their local boutique, especially when it comes to leather goods. Based upon the number of times I heard this being told to customers I would not be surprised if at some point in the future the lottery is restricted only to "new clients" with no purchase history or some other limiting factor. I think it is only going to get harder and harder to come home from Paris with a QB.
If that's indeed what they intend then I wonder why they don't just stop the current system (where appointment holders can have a chance of getting a QB on the day) altogether? Why not operate a formal Wishlist system like in the UK or a build-a-relationship-by-spending-regularly-for-a-long-while system like in other parts of the world? This would make Paris operate just like any other stores in the world which would then discourage people from trying their luck there.

If that's indeed what they intend then I wonder why they don't just stop the current system (where appointment holders can have a chance of getting a QB on the day) altogether? Why not operate a formal Wishlist system like in the UK or a build-a-relationship-by-spending-regularly-for-a-long-while system like in other parts of the world? This would make Paris operate just like any other stores in the world which would then discourage people from trying their luck there.

I think Paris gives people a chance they wouldn't normally have if they don't have a home store. My home store closed down 7? 8? years ago here, and the closest is 5 hours away. It's hard to build a relationship with a person in a store that is this far away when nothing takes you there in the first place (neither work nor pleasure). So FSH represents at least an opportunity to try for a bag, for better or for worse. I think it's nice that they keep the opportunity available. I imagine most of the idea of discouraging customers from coming to Paris and, rather, shopping at their home store assumes that a. you have a home store, then that you should b. shop your home store even if it is in an ultra-competitive marketplace/city and you stand a low chance of purchasing what you seek. I dearly love Hermes and have been shopping with them since I was in college (and I'm almost 40 now), and I wholly loathe the fact that people go to the Paris stores and make a scene and act atrociously towards the staff - trying to balance that elite/status branding while simultaneously juggling the nature of humanity is a tricky bit, and I think they have absolutely reached the peak of that for the first time in their existence. Where scarcity, demand, and high wealth collide in a modern world, it will be naturally messy.

Last edited:
Hi all, my hotel concierge initially said they cannot help with H appointments earlier this month but they emailed me today saying that they can make me an appt at Sevres with an SA but the SA will show me every department but cannot help with leather products. Anyone think I should take this non leather appt and try my luck? Perhaps if I buy some products towards the end of the appt the SA may offer help with bags? Initially, I have an amazing home SA so I had planned on buying no H products in Paris as I’d rather buy with my home SA.

Hi all, my hotel concierge initially said they cannot help with H appointments earlier this month but they emailed me today saying that they can make me an appt at Sevres with an SA but the SA will show me every department but cannot help with leather products. Anyone think I should take this non leather appt and try my luck? Perhaps if I buy some products towards the end of the appt the SA may offer help with bags? Initially, I have an amazing home SA so I had planned on buying no H products in Paris as I’d rather buy with my home SA.
If you'll just be buying items for the small chance of getting a leather appointment, you should stick with your initial thought and concentrate on your home store.

Alternatively, if you're interested in developing a relationship with a SA there for future trips and shopping, it may be a good idea to go. But only if that's something you see for yourself.

If you'll just be buying items for the small chance of getting a leather appointment, you should stick with your initial thought and concentrate on your home store.

Alternatively, if you're interested in developing a relationship with a SA there for future trips and shopping, it may be a good idea to go. But only if that's something you see for yourself.
Thank you for your advice. You bring up a very good point that in case I continue to visit Paris, it would be good to have this contact.

feel there is really no difference if I walked in and met the SA to work with versus a pre arranged SA appt.
Agree ^
Agree^

JMO, an FSH relationship isn’t predicated on bag offers; it’s like any SA relationship

I was able to secure a walk-up leather appointment at FSH the next day, where I was able to get a Kelly 28 and a new SA, for which I was extremely grateful. I had to wait for ~ 45 minutes for my appointment and I saw several people being granted walk-up appointments. I thought they must have gotten a shipment. However, my SA indicated that they had not gotten new leather stock since the previous week and that they were very low on stock waiting on a shipment. We speculated that they may be holding stock for fashion week. Not sure if the walk-up appointments were being granted because of another IT glitch or cancellations. Just thankful to have gotten an appointment. I had met my SA before as he had been at the leather desk on one of my previous visits and I was surprised when I first saw him as I thought he worked the desk. He indicated that they change off positions as working the desk is very challenging and so one day they may be working the desk the next day the SLG counter and another day appointments. Keep this in mind when asking for walk-up appointments.

For walk-in appointments I would recommend trying FSH and Sevres. If you don't have an appointment I would suggest allowing some time so that you can observe and try and approach the desk when no one else is around. They are most likely to grant a walk-up appointment to someone when no one else is around. I don't think that purchase history helps secure a lottery appointment but I do think it might help with a walk-in appointment. Always be kind and courteous. I also would not be surprised to see if all appointments in Paris are soon granted only via the lottery. I was told that they now have 20,000 requests a day for appointments.

I also stopped into the Hermes duty free store in the airport there was a wait to get in and everyone asked about bags. I was looking for scarves. I was also interested to see if they had any Passant-long wallets as there was one on display and I had not seen one for a few years. The SA's at the airport were so new that they did not even know the name, I pulled one from my purse and they laughed as said ohh they had not know the name of the wallet, but they could not sell anything in the windows as it was for display purposes only. I asked for a click16 but again I had to show them pictures as they were so new they did not know what I was referring. I was offered Bern wallet (not interested) and a mini Evelyne. I was told that they do get a limited supply of bags at the airport but are selective with whom they offer them to as everyone comes in and asks for bags. They told me that they only had 2 bags in stock both Evelyne and they did not know when they would get more, so they are always selective with whom they offer, so keep this in mind when shopping duty free. I hope that this update is of assistance.
Congrats on your K28. We probably crossed path last week at FSH, Sevres and at CDG lol. Yes totally agree that H is crazy busy. We got lottery rejections every day despite hubby’s having shopping history at FSH. Like you, I also observed the leather appt desk action at both FSH and Sevres, and approached when it was clear to ask about walk-in or cancel appts. Inquired politely and was declined politely. FSH had an artisan making a red Kelly bag and it was fun as he engaged with customers. The Sevres petite H paper workshop was also nice and interactive. Although I didn’t get a QB, I was able to buy some stuff l liked and enjoy Paris!!!!

Thank you for sharing your story and experience! If you don't mind, would be kindly share the specs of your K28 please? Always interested on the colors and leather offered at the moment :biggrin: TIA