Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Thrilled that you got a bag you love- congrats and enjoy!
This just goes to show- all the planning, speculating, calculating which way the wind was blowing and the phase of the moon means very little. Genuine love of the brand and a healthy dose of pure dumb luck ( no disrespect to your appt process!:giggle:) is the key. The rest is just histrionics.
Agree! Yes my family was with me but they were with me the first time. As a matter fact, my daughter said “last time we sat here”. Totally dejavú but the only difference is that I had zero expectations. There’s no script to follow. Maybe the stars and planets aligned in my favor

It all shows that SA are human and that you have to do what it takes to have that little connection with them which sometimes can be hard with stress and expectation. Being nice and polite isn’t enough sometimes when the SA is asking you straight away what bag you’re interested in you find it hard to engage small talk.

Very true. One time I arrived for an appointment and the SA literally greeted me with a stone cold face and 'What do you want?' before I get to say anything...I tried to be nice and asked how her day was and she just smirked and ignored my question. Needless to say it ended with 'we don't have any bags today'. I guess someone was having a bad day? :huh:

Part 2:
She said I’m going to look everywhere so give me 10-15 minutes. We could paged her or asked to get her during that time if we needed her. We continue looking at pics of our dog then she showed up with 2 boxes. She said I can’t show you these bags in here because a lot of people will get mad and there will be a lot of drama. She looked for a private space or room but all were taken. She took us to the men’s shoes store next door; lol! Never heard this before but she said it happens all the time. She presented me with a Kelly 25 Sellier in Jade gold hardware. Love it! Then she said this is no pressure and opened the other box which was a Greta baby blue with platinum hardware. It was the small size. Super cute! My family said take it too but I wasn’t excited about it. I had the option of buying both. I just bought the Kelly. I asked the SA if she worked there every day and she gave me her card. She welcomed me and said to me from now on this is your Parisian store. Then she proceeded to say when you come back email me and see how I can resolved what you want.
My final thoughts:
-My husband thinks and this is a theory that maybe the SA at the George store may have had an input or helped with the appointment. I forgot to say that she said that that location was not good for BKC to try in FSH.
-Maybe the small purchase helped? I really loved what the SA found for us and I thanked her for that.
-At the end of the day, it all depends on the SA during the appointment. It was just merely luck that we all clicked. We charmed the SA and she charmed us. I could have gotten the SA next to us and wouldn’t have gotten anything.
-Keep in mind that this is the very first time I have been successful in Paris.
-Hermes knows the system is not perfect and they are trying to make it difficult because of resellers. My husband said he could tell based on how the SA looked at me whenever she asked me something. The SA said they follow people when we go to their stores to see if we are resellers or loyal customers like I am (I’m quoting her! I never thought of myself as a loyal customer). Keep in mind I haven’t spent a fortune. So there you go that’s my story.

Love it, amazing story! And congrats! I was so nervous, I feel so silly for not getting my SA contact info from my recent trip to FSH & George V. Super kind of her to offer!

Reactions: bellapurse
Part 2:
She said I’m going to look everywhere so give me 10-15 minutes. We could paged her or asked to get her during that time if we needed her. We continue looking at pics of our dog then she showed up with 2 boxes. She said I can’t show you these bags in here because a lot of people will get mad and there will be a lot of drama. She looked for a private space or room but all were taken. She took us to the men’s shoes store next door; lol! Never heard this before but she said it happens all the time. She presented me with a Kelly 25 Sellier in Jade gold hardware. Love it! Then she said this is no pressure and opened the other box which was a Greta baby blue with platinum hardware. It was the small size. Super cute! My family said take it too but I wasn’t excited about it. I had the option of buying both. I just bought the Kelly. I asked the SA if she worked there every day and she gave me her card. She welcomed me and said to me from now on this is your Parisian store. Then she proceeded to say when you come back email me and see how I can resolved what you want.
My final thoughts:
-My husband thinks and this is a theory that maybe the SA at the George store may have had an input or helped with the appointment. I forgot to say that she said that that location was not good for BKC to try in FSH.
-Maybe the small purchase helped? I really loved what the SA found for us and I thanked her for that.
-At the end of the day, it all depends on the SA during the appointment. It was just merely luck that we all clicked. We charmed the SA and she charmed us. I could have gotten the SA next to us and wouldn’t have gotten anything.
-Hermes knows the system is not perfect and they are trying to make it difficult because of resellers. My husband said he could tell based on how the SA looked at me whenever she asked me something. The SA said they follow people when we go to their stores to see if we are resellers or loyal customers like I am (I’m quoting her! I never thought of myself as a loyal customer). Keep in mind I haven’t spent a fortune. So there you go that’s my story.
Wow, your SA sounds so lovely and kind!

Reactions: bellapurse
Very true. One time I arrived for an appointment and the SA literally greeted me with a stone cold face and 'What do you want?' before I get to say anything...I tried to be nice and asked how her day was and she just smirked and ignored my question. Needless to say it ended with 'we don't have any bags today'. I guess someone was having a bad day? :huh:

her attitude was very annoying, especially if clients were nothing but polite. Whatever happens to customer service? I mean, if she doesn’t like working as SA (which must be exhausting being asked the same question every single time), then she should quit and move to other brand.

For those asking about the appointment system in Paris

HERMÈS LOTTERY APPOINTMENT EXPERIENCE IN PARIS | ALYSSA LENORE
Video here

Hi, thank you so much for this video link. I have seen the video and was wondering if I were to queue up during opening for an appointment to buy some other stuff, jewellery etc, would I still be able to request for a Quota Bag at some point at the same time?

That is if I am not successful at the lottery appointment and would still like to walk away with a bag and not minding a bit of a prespend.

Hello,

I was wondering if the time you request an online lottery leather Appoitment makes a difference (since they open by 10:30 but stay open till 6). Is applying as soon as they open make your chances better? Also, can you apply for an appointment online if you are French and have a French passport? Would that help with getting an Appoitment?

Thank you,

Hello,

I was wondering if the time you request an online lottery leather Appoitment makes a difference (since they open by 10:30 but stay open till 6). Is applying as soon as they open make your chances better? Also, can you apply for an appointment online if you are French and have a French passport? Would that help with getting an Appoitment?

Thank you,
Some days I applied at 10:30 sharp. The day I got the appointment it was almost 11:30 or 12pm. I don’t think it really matters. I read a lot that if you got an appointment you’ll get a response back between 7-8:30pm but I got mine at 9:05pm.

Thanks for sharing your story. When you mentioned purchase history, do you mean you bought something on the same day you got your quota bags?
Purchase history usually means that you have shopped there prior to the current trip! I think “pre-spend” can be used as the things you bought the day of your fsh appt. I’ve purchased from fsh in the past— first time was 2016/2017.

Part 2:
My final thoughts:
An amazing story and congratulations! Now I need to see a pic of your lovely kelly!

Hi! I have a bit of a silly q - I fortunately was able to get my lovely SA's business card at the end of our appointment. She quickly mentioned f we were ever in Paris to ask for her. I just wanted to send an email to thank her for a lovely experience and realized the card doesn't have her contact email?

does anyone know the email format for their Parisian SAs? for example, something like [First Name]@hermes.com? lol

thanks for any insight!!

Last edited: