Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
Hi!

I was able to get one also as a walk in yesterday in Sevres, im wondering if I can still try to get an appointment for a b or k :smile:
You might be able to win an appointment, however when you actually arrive at your appointment and the SA reviews your profile, it is HIGHLY unlikely that she then offers you a quota bag. Still worth the effort to continue to enter the lottery but keep your expectations extremely low.

Ask your local SM if she or he can arrange a leather appt in Paris for you. Though a dear friend of mine who is a VIP at her local Maison said her SA said he could not (because she really gets everything she wants from him lol), I have heard that other clients have gotten appts this way.
I have been wondering about this - is it a myth or does it really happen? I have a friend who is in the vip range and even she doesn’t get this.

• Wow
Reactions: GreenBirkinLover
I have been wondering about this - is it a myth or does it really happen? I have a friend who is in the vip range and even she doesn’t get this.
I know a longstanding client who got a Paris QB as a special, one time deal via this method. This would presumably require approval from the SMs of both stores

I’ve never asked for it myself

Last edited:
It used to happen more albeit still very infrequently but I heard it’s even more limited these days. I wouldn’t hold your breath. My SA personally said our boutique couldn’t do that for anyone.

You might be able to win an appointment, however when you actually arrive at your appointment and the SA reviews your profile, it is HIGHLY unlikely that she then offers you a quota bag. Still worth the effort to continue to enter the lottery but keep your expectations extremely low.
Hiya really interested in your comment here hope you don’t mind me asking more. what if she buys more non leather goods like fine jewellery and silk between the Constance appt and say a leather appt via lottery, do you still think the chances of getting a b or k is very low?

Interested as I was planning to try and get a mini Lindy at George V (already have good pre spend from jewellery in Paris), as I visit Paris often but just not getting any leather appt so far. I still plan to keep trying at the lottery and hope eventually when I get one I could score a K. Fairly new to H so interested to know if this approach is reasonable… thanks!

Hiya really interested in your comment here hope you don’t mind me asking more. what if she buys more non leather goods like fine jewellery and silk between the Constance appt and say a leather appt via lottery, do you still think the chances of getting a b or k is very low?

Interested as I was planning to try and get a mini Lindy at George V (already have good pre spend from jewellery in Paris), as I visit Paris often but just not getting any leather appt so far. I still plan to keep trying at the lottery and hope eventually when I get one I could score a K. Fairly new to H so interested to know if this approach is reasonable… thanks!
It’s Paris so anything can happen but we have heard several reports of people taking non quota bags during impromptu appointments and then later being told they aren’t eligible for a quota bag during an additional appointment because they “just got a bag the other day”. Other people have reported being able to buy one quota and one non quota bag during extremely successful lottery leather appointments so if it were me, my strategy would probably be to accept nothing non-quota until a lottery appointment or until the last day of my trip, and then take whatever I could manage to get (assuming it’s an item I actually want/love).

Last edited:
It’s Paris so anything can happen but we have heard several reports of people taking non quota bags during impromptu appointments and then later being told they aren’t eligible for a quota bag during an additional appointment because they “just got a bag the other day”. Other people have reported being able to buy one quota and one non quota bag during extremely successful lottery leather appointments so if it were me, my strategy would probably be to accept nothing non-quota until a lottery appointment or until the last day of my trip, and then take whatever I could manage to get (assuming it’s an item I actually want/love).
I have to agree with this advice as I have experienced this first hand. I was in Paris with a friend of mine recently, and she was able to get a non-quota bag as a walk-in. A couple days later, she went back and was able to get a leather appointment as a walk-in, but upon looking at her profile, the SA mentioned that since she’d already received a non-quota that he wouldn’t be able to to offer her anything else.

Reactions: GreenBirkinLover

I have to agree with this advice as I have experienced this first hand. I was in Paris with a friend of mine recently, and she was able to get a non-quota bag as a walk-in. A couple days later, she went back and was able to get a leather appointment as a walk-in, but upon looking at her profile, the SA mentioned that since she’d already received a non-quota that he wouldn’t be able to to offer her anything else.
Thanks so much for sharing your views, that makes a lot of sense! The thing is I live in London and travel to Paris (& other European cities) a lot for work (although I don’t speak French unfor), so I was thinking maybe via an walk in appt I can met an SA and start building a relationship… I have one in London but it’s a wishlist system for b/k plus euros is cheaper.

I think I will wait maybe a bit longer to keep trying the lottery before asking for non-quota if still no luck and I’ve run out of patience 😅

Reactions: rumes and hbr