Paris trip for Hermes

Please try to stay on topic. I realise because of the complexity of some of the posts members may veer off but in answer do not 'go there'.

For info and questions on US customs please post on the thread below: post https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/us-customs-discussion-airports-importing.905560/

or non-US destinations: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/does-h-store-paris-wants-to-ship.605014/page-3

For questions relating to prices https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reference-hermes-current-prices.102567/page-357

For traveling with boxes https://forum.purseblog.com/threads...me-hermes-boxes-when-traveling.1044553/page-5

I will leave this reminder as a sticky because tthis is often a thread that new members (or new Hermès lovers) post on - hopefully temporarily.

Last edited:
I also got black too but in size 35 on the same day that you got your 30. I originally wanted a size 30 in neutral color too but the SA said they only have 35 in stock in that morning. Anyway, I am happy with 35 too!

I'm happy for you! Too bad we didn't see each other. I think the 30's arrived later in the day, so there was only 35 when you were served. I'm glad you like the 35!

Reactions: Hobbiezm
Tuesday we got there about 11am and appointments were all gone. We had breakfast and went to Notre Dame. Came back to FSH about 1pm to try again. The leather dept hostess told me it was full but try again in an hour. 2pm I tried again and she said try again at 3:30pm. At 3:30pm it was another hostess who recognised me and said it was unlikely to get an appointment that day and I should come 1-2 hrs before 10:30am the next day. Off we went to Sevres again to look for the nice SA and to have a coffee at the cafe. She was a little less friendly this time and again told me to try in Sep. We looked at homewares and spoke to a jewelry SA about resizing my ring. Had our coffee and left.

At this point I didn't feel like trying anymore for Wed (our last day in Paris). On a whim, we made it to the queue at FSH at 9:30am. I was at the main door and DBF at the side door. He got an appointment for 11:40 while mine was 2:10 pm. Guards were very alert watching the queue. They let a few ppl in at each door at a time, alternating.

We sat at Bread and Roses and appointments were jumping forward fast. 11am we hurried back as an SA was suddenly ready. It was a lovely French lady who was really nice and chatted with us. She said she would do her best. Came back with a burgundy medor clutch and a smaller bag (I don't recognise style). She said she was sorry but there wasn't anything from my list. I believed her as she seemed so nice. I got her name card although she was vague about whether I could ask to see her again. Generally the entire store had a much nicer vibe than the other days before. Everyone seemed nice and friendly.

DBF left to go back and check out of our hotel. I was gonna shop around the area until my appointment but it was moving up so fast. By 1pm my SA was ready. It was an Asian guy SA who spoke with a French accent whom I felt a good instant rapport with. I gave him my list and he disappeared about 15-20mins. He came back with a box but said don't get too excited, it's not exactly what I wanted. So it turned out to be a black L30 which was a tad big for me but I actually quite liked it. I was trying it on for a good 20 mins or so. DBF came back and we looked at it for another 10 mins or so. While that was happening, a b30 in bleu nuit became available and he offered it to me. It was so close a colour to black! I was tempted but I said no. Just when I told the SA I'd take the Lindy, SA replied "How about this? I'll hold the Lindy for you for 2 hours. You can walk around a bit before deciding". To that, DBF asked him if anything might change in terms of availability in 2 hours. SA said maybe, and to look for him at 3:30pm after his lunch.

So off we went to Eiffel for a few hours. I was quite happy with the idea of bringing home a black Lindy and wasn't expecting more, especially after the experience of the past few days. We had crepes and took photos at Eiffel. I thought it was a nice way to end our Paris adventure.

3:30pm we were back at FSH. Found my SA and he looked at me and said "only black, right?" He went away for a few minutes, didn't seem very long. Came back with a big box and a smaller one. In my head I was thinking it was the L30 he had on hold for me. He took us to the men's shoes section at the back. When he was opening the box, I peeked at the sticker on the box and saw Noir... then Birkin... and before I could freak out he was opening the dust bag and there it was. My bag. Just like that, as though it dropped from the sky. I asked if it had just arrived and he said "I don't know? I came back from lunch and there it was". In a daze, I tried it on and thanked him a million times. And yes I got his card and he said I could look for him again next time in about 4 months, although a Constance will be harder to get we could always try.

We went upstairs and picked up the belt I tried the other day. And concluded our H mission this time.

Thank you to everyone who left kind words for me! So glad I didn't give up. :smile:

Long but interesting and detailed post you had here. Congrats on scoring the bag u wanted.

Hi - I was curious is the online appointments
Done through the website? Is it open to a few weeks in advance? Can someone help educate me since it feels like systems continually change with Hermes. Also -I should be there in 2 weeks and wanted to test my luck.

Thankyou all-it's been a rough few weeks on my end but looking forward to a vacation !

Hi - I was curious is the online appointments
Done through the website? Is it open to a few weeks in advance? Can someone help educate me since it feels like systems continually change with Hermes. Also -I should be there in 2 weeks and wanted to test my luck.

Thankyou all-it's been a rough few weeks on my end but looking forward to a vacation !

I believe appointments can be made here, but only on a smartphone:
https://www.hermesfaubourg.com/client/register

There is more information in the "Lining up for Hermes" thread.

SIGH! I'm trying out the new system as I'm in Paris for 5 days. So far it's be 2/5 days of rejection.

Day 1 - registered online at 10:31am (as you know, it opens at 10:30am), received a text by 7pm stating it was too full.
Day 2 - registered online close to 11am with 2 separate passports (mine and DHs) and different cellphones, received a text by 5ish pm stating rejection again

Will try again tomorrow morning...has anyone had luck at the Sevres store lately without purchase history?

SIGH! I'm trying out the new system as I'm in Paris for 5 days. So far it's be 2/5 days of rejection.

Day 1 - registered online at 10:31am (as you know, it opens at 10:30am), received a text by 7pm stating it was too full.
Day 2 - registered online close to 11am with 2 separate passports (mine and DHs) and different cellphones, received a text by 5ish pm stating rejection again

Will try again tomorrow morning...has anyone had luck at the Sevres store lately without purchase history?

I was in Paris for 6 days in early Sept and tried for four consecutive days but did not score an appointment. Luckily DH was able to get one on the third try. His appointment time was at 3:30PM. We both registered around 10:30-11AM.
My aunt also registered later in the day and got an 11:30AM appointment(it was her second attempt to register)
All in all, I think the appointments are randomly selected regardless of what time you registered and/or how many times you applied.
Good luck and please keep us updated!

c
I just got back from my Europe trip so didn't have a chance to post during my holiday. Anyway, I got the bag one day before the online appt system started to implement. I tried 3 times total in FSH during this trip. First try was served right the way but I had a feeling of a NO right the way when the SA started asking me what I want. 2nd try on next day, no appt left then my 3rd try got served right the way when the door opened. The SA started a conversation and explained to me about the new online system and then I kept asking her about the details then she said " if I only don't find what you are looking for today then you can try booking online tomorrow". Right the way I kinda have a good feeling that the SA is being very sincere and will try to help me look for my request. I named her few neutral colors and I also told her who was helping me to get my Kelly and halzan in my last trip and telling her I really want a hand held bag View attachment 3829708this time as I don't want a shoulder strap purse again from this trip. After 10 mins wait then she asked me to follow her upstairs.....so here is my new bag!!
congratulation so nice bag

Part 1 - If you follow the thread, you maybe familiar with my attempts to score for my sister. In short, last week I made a day trip after getting an appointment notification, brought home a bolide 31 which I hope she would like, and turn out not. I was told in order to exchange / return, I need to have an appointment. I have been trying the online appointment system like a maniac to go back to FSH, but was rejected after so many consecutive tries for over a week. (See my rant in the Lining for Hermes thread). Yesterday I was rejected again; but my patience runs out and I just want to get it refunded and to actually get on with my life. So I decided just to book a trip to Paris and visit the stores again. My friend's parents have been incredibly kind to host me at late notice.

I spent all of last night couldn't sleep and reading purseforum. Trying to think of stragegy to win this "game", even consult my boyfriend.

IMG_1505998975.565941.jpg

IMG_1505999094.891976.jpg

I laughed at the "crying ladies" bits - but think about it, it's true!

Part 2 - To be honest I felt quite low and started questioning life choices as to why do I waste so much time just chasing a bag. (Evident by my rant yesterday on the other lining for hermes thread as you can tell). But I am already here, waking up in Paris! I followed boyfriend advice and aimed to get to sevres in the morning. Waking up at 9am, I was ready to go but was held up by my friends' parents as they wanted to make me breakfast (incredibly nice of them). So I ended up getting to sevres at only around 1115am. I was a bit nervous, because I read on the purseforum that there is a waiting list / line for appointment also at sevres even before it opens. When I got there to the leather department, it's true, there was already about 10 people sitting around waiting. I tried to find someone to attend to me and came across a lady who seems to be in charge of the appointments. She was incredibly nice to me. I explained to her I wanted to exchange / get refund something from FSH but wasn't able to get any appointment to see anyone. She was very kind and considerate, after explaining she thought there might not be any b/k available. Looking at her long list, she was speaking in French with the sevres store manager on the phone for over 5 minutes trying to help me. I am very grateful to her going out of her way to help me, and my faith in the brand gradually restores. After the phone conversation, she said "could I please make you wait for a bit?" To which I answer "absolutely". 5 minutes later, a man came up to me (who I presume is the sevres store manager as he keeps referring to "my store" in the conversation), although he is very youthful looking to say the least.

He apologised for the wait and explained to me the situation. I believe that by me behaving calmly, with grace and gratitude helps as he was very frank to me. He said he has checked and there was nothing available, and that he was being frank to me about that. He said at sevres store they have been handling a lot of FSH situations and it has becoming overwhelming as people believe they are of similar size with FSH but he tried to explain to the clients that in deed they are not. He said they have a very small stock room of the same size as George V, but the clients often turn up expecting the same availability as FSH just because sevres store looks quite big, which truthfully they don't have. He was even frank to me about deliveries. He said on Monday and yesterday sevres had one but it was small, so everything was gone in 20 minutes. He said for context, sevres has 2-3 deliveries a week, each batch of about 7 bags across all lines and color. While FSH has 4-5 deliveries a week, each batch of ~20 bags across lines in color. So he was incredibly apologetic to me, (which I find very caring of him), and that while it disappoints, he couldn't do much about it. He believes I should go back to FSH and explain to them the situation with grace like I do to him, and it should help. The cherry on top of all this is that he saw I have been walking around with a huge orange bag and was worried for my satefy. He asked if I want a white bag instead, which I said yes. He disappeared and came back with white bags. I am deeply touched that he cared. As he was so frank and open with me, as well as being caring, while I didn't get what I wanted, I feel like I am treated with respect. I therefore have a huge respect for sevres store. They probably get all the extra workload from FSH since the introduction of this system, and somehow handle them well with grace. Even before I left, he said please let me check the system one more time to see if by any chance a delivery has come while we speak. He's back after 5 minutes with still a No, but I appreciate that he checked again while I didn't ask him to do so. As the staff at sevres went the extra miles while I did not expect at all, I left feeling I was treated with respect and care. I feel like a human again, and will definitely visit sevres again in the future if i visit Paris.

And then off I went to FSH again.

**to be continued

Last edited:
Part 2 - To be honest I felt quite low and started questioning life choices as to why do I waste so much time just chasing a bag. (Evident by my rant yesterday on the other lining for hermes thread as you can tell). But I am already here, waking up in Paris! I followed boyfriend advice and aimed to get to sevres in the morning. Waking up at 9am, I was ready to go but was held up by my friends' parents as they wanted to make me breakfast (incredibly nice of them). So I ended up getting to sevres at only around 1115am. I was a bit nervous, because I read on the purseforum that there is a waiting list / line for appointment also at sevres even before it opens. When I got there to the leather department, it's true, there was already about 10 people sitting around waiting. I tried to find someone to attend to me and came across a lady who seems to be in charge of the appointments. She was incredibly nice to me. I explained to her I wanted to exchange / get refund something from FSH but wasn't able to get any appointment to see anyone. She was very kind and considerate, after explaining she thought there might not be any b/k available. Looking at her long list, she was speaking in French with the sevres store manager on the phone for over 5 minutes trying to help me. I am very grateful to her going out of her way to help me, and my faith in the brand gradually restores. After the phone conversation, she said "could I please make you wait for a bit?" To which I answer "absolutely". 5 minutes later, a man came up to me (who I presume is the sevres store manager as he keeps referring to "my store" in the conversation), although he is very youthful looking to say the least.

He apologised for the wait and explained to me the situation. I believe that by me behaving calmly, with grace and gratitude helps as he was very frank to me. He said he has checked and there was nothing available, and that he was being frank to me about that. He said at sevres store they have been handling a lot of FSH situations and it has becoming overwhelming as people believe they are of similar size with FSH but he tried to explain to the clients that in deed they are not. He said they have a very small stock room of the same size as George V, but the clients often turn up expecting the same availability as FSH just because sevres store looks quite big, which truthfully they don't have. He was even frank to me about deliveries. He said on Monday and yesterday sevres had one but it was small, so everything was gone in 20 minutes. He said for context, sevres has 2-3 deliveries a week, each batch of about 7 bags across all lines and color. While FSH has 4-5 deliveries a week, each batch of ~20 bags across lines in color. So he was incredibly apologetic to me, (which I find very caring of him), and that while it disappoints, he couldn't do much about it. He believes I should go back to FSH and explain to them the situation with grace like I do to him, and it should help. The cherry on top of all this is that he saw I have been walking around with a huge orange bag and was worried for my satefy. He asked if I want a white bag instead, which I said yes. He disappeared and came back with white bags. I am deeply touched that he cared. As he was so frank and open with me, as well as being caring, while I didn't get what I wanted, I feel like I am treated with respect. I therefore have a huge respect for sevres store. They probably get all the extra workload from FSH since the introduction of this system, and somehow handle them well with grace. Even before I left, he said please let me check the system one more time to see if by any chance a delivery has come while we speak. He's back after 5 minutes with still a No, but I appreciate that he checked again while I didn't ask him to do so. As the staff at sevres went the extra miles while I did not expect at all, I left feeling I was treated with respect and care. I feel like a human again, and will definitely visit sevres again in the future if i visit Paris.

And then off I went to FSH again.

**to be continued
Continue, continue, please.

Reactions: Annabel's