Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

I really like hotel R de Paris. Stayed there a couple of times. Very friendly, clean and free tea time snacks. Very close to metro station Liège (2 min walk) and a 10 min walk from Galeries Lafayette.

Golden goose Sneakers or regular ones. Would not wear the Oran. I love Paris but it’s filthy your feet will be super dirty by the end of the day. I only wear sneakers in Paris even during the heat wave last summer I was in sneakers. For bags I would go with a WOC or anything with a lock or zipper that can be worn crossbody. I’m very anti subways in Paris. Had a bad experience years ago and I would rather just walk or pay the taxi. Plus they always know who is a tourist. Enjoy! I was supposed to be in Paris next week.
What would you recommend for shoes? Golden Goose? Hermes Oran?
How about a bag? Belt bag worn across front? WOC possibly the turnlock model?

Reactions: missconvy
Golden goose Sneakers or regular ones. Would not wear the Oran. I love Paris but it’s filthy your feet will be super dirty by the end of the day. I only wear sneakers in Paris even during the heat wave last summer I was in sneakers. For bags I would go with a WOC or anything with a lock or zipper that can be worn crossbody. I’m very anti subways in Paris. Had a bad experience years ago and I would rather just walk or pay the taxi. Plus they always know who is a tourist. Enjoy! I was supposed to be in Paris next week.
Ok, good to know. I just want some comfy shoes lol. Such a bummer your trip got postponed or canceled :/ we're planning to go awhile from now. I'm just a super planner lol.

Ok, good to know. I just want some comfy shoes lol. Such a bummer your trip got postponed or canceled :/ we're planning to go awhile from now. I'm just a super planner lol.
Ummm..If you haven’t heard, France is on total lockdown for the next 3 months due to coronavirus pandemic. Businesses, hotels, and tourist sites closed. Transport greatly reduced. Who knows how long it will take to get back to normal.
Good luck planning in such uncertain times.

Enjoy it, it's a lovely place but like any big city just be aware of your surroundings. I'll go another time, I've been to Paris many many times Ill go soon. Chavanel Hotel is great and very well located.

Ummm..If you haven’t heard, France is on total lockdown for the next 3 months due to coronavirus pandemic. Businesses, hotels, and tourist sites closed. Transport greatly reduced. Who knows how long it will take to get back to normal.
Good luck planning in such uncertain times.
Yes, I'm aware. Like I said, awhile from now. We're looking at June 2022.

Yes, unfortunately France is closed to tourists. My trip was scheduled for October 27th.
Now I'm in correspondence with the hotel about the refund.
Depends on which country you’re from. France isn’t closed to all. I’m currently in Paris, and there are tourists. Unfortunately infrastructure (some hotels, all restaurants, museums, shops, etc.) has been locked down again as of last Friday to combat the resurgence of Covid-19 infections. Good luck with your refund.

can anybody recommend a hotel close to Chanel Rue de Cambon & FSH? Max 1k EUR per night.
TIA
Try also booking through a travel agent affiliated with Virtuoso or equivalent for upgrades when available, later check out; breakfast; and/or daily credit for hotel services.