Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

I couldn’t do my day trip to Paris from London this year. My Eurostar train back to London was canceled due to Brexit/customs delays. There were a lot of delays and canceled Eurostar trains last week. So bummed!!!
A friend was in Paris last week and said there were many road closures on the right bank; the left bank seems to be ok.

I was in Paris a couple of weeks ago and there were so many tourists! If you plan on going, make sure to get advance tickets for all the sights you want to see. You can skip the line (except for security). There were so many people waiting on the lines and the day we went to the Louvre - it was sold out by 9 am. DH and I had a 10:30 am slot but they were nice enough to let us in a little early. I was also able to get Eiffel tower summit tickets - which usually sell out months in advance- by using my phone. It showed sold out on my laptop but availability on my phone. Go figure!

Reactions: uhpharm01
How cold in Paris in the Winter and does everything close in the winter? thank you
Paris has a temperate climate, much like the Eastern Coast of the US. Winter is usually damp, which makes it feel colder than it really is. It is rare that the temperature gets below 5 C. Why don’t you check out a weather website to see historical averages for the months that interest you, and compare to your home area? That way you’ll get a good idea of what to expect and how it compares to what you’re familiar with.
You’ll probably feel most comfortable in a warm, weatherproof coat or jacket with hood, a scarf, boots, gloves, and a folding umbrella.
Paris is the most visited city in the world. It bustles at all seasons of the year.
Enjoy your trip!

Paris has a temperate climate, much like the Eastern Coast of the US. Winter is usually damp, which makes it feel colder than it really is. It is rare that the temperature gets below 5 C. Why don’t you check out a weather website to see historical averages for the months that interest you, and compare to your home area? That way you’ll get a good idea of what to expect and how it compares to what you’re familiar with.
You’ll probably feel most comfortable in a warm, weatherproof coat or jacket with hood, a scarf, boots, gloves, and a folding umbrella.
Paris is the most visited city in the world. It bustles at all seasons of the year.
Enjoy your trip!
Great tips thank you

Reactions: JolieS
Thinking of going to paris in the early spring and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to stay on a mid-range budget. Will be our first time in the city, going for 2 nights and have narrowed it down to either St Germain or Le Marais. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome! TIA!

Thinking of going to paris in the early spring and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to stay on a mid-range budget. Will be our first time in the city, going for 2 nights and have narrowed it down to either St Germain or Le Marais. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome! TIA!

We went to Paris for the first time last year and stayed in Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. It was decently price, clean and cute. We walked pretty much everywhere and we went in February so it was quite chilly.

Reactions: rakhee81
In St Germain I only stayed at two hotels:
K+K Hotel Cayré (4-star on 4 Boulevard Raspail)
Hôtel Bonaparte Paris (3-star on 61 Rue Bonaparte)
I can recommend both. Great locations with easy access.
( Check both hotel's own website and booking/hotels .com to see who has a better offer. )

Reactions: the_baglover
I can also recommend K & K. Very good location and the Metro stop is directly in front of the hotel.

With all the walking you will inevitably do, it is good to try and locate a hotel close to a metro station.

I can also recommend K & K. Very good location and the Metro stop is directly in front of the hotel.

With all the walking you will inevitably do, it is good to try and locate a hotel close to a metro station.
I agree and I usually go one step further by staying near an RER B station, which simplifies my trip to and from the airport. The St. Michel station is about a 10 minute walk from my favorite hotel, the Relais Saint Germain. Chatelet-Les Halles would be another station to consider.