Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

My first trip out of the country! will go to Paris for 4 days in March. Any recommendations on where to stay hoping to spend under $200/night. w/private bathroom
For a long time I stayed at the Hôtel de Lille, located on the left bank but literally steps from the river. It’s about 200 a night. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s very quiet and yet close to everything.

Reactions: MeepMeep67
For a long time I stayed at the Hôtel de Lille, located on the left bank but literally steps from the river. It’s about 200 a night. I can’t recommend it enough. It’s very quiet and yet close to everything.
Thank you!!

Le Belmont on Champs Elysees, you may be able to get a room for under $200 in March. Enjoy your time in Paris!
Thank you!!

My first trip out of the country! will go to Paris for 4 days in March. Any recommendations on where to stay hoping to spend under $200/night. w/private bathroom

We went in Feb. and stayed at Abbatial St. Germain. The location was great, nice neighborhood, practically across from Notre Dame, we walked pretty much everywhere.Train station was close by as well.

Shipping my LV purchases back to USA/California?

Our trip is 3 weeks, first stop Paris, Southern France, then into Italy. I don't want my purchases stolen.
Will the LV store ship my packages home? or what are your thoughts?

Shipping my LV purchases back to USA/California?

Our trip is 3 weeks, first stop Paris, Southern France, then into Italy. I don't want my purchases stolen.
Will the LV store ship my packages home? or what are your thoughts?
Yes, they usually do. You may also be able to have your items available at the LV store in the last city you visit in Europe. Though, I never had a problem with purchases stollen in Europe.

Hello all,

I will be traveling to London in a week for business and is thinking whether I should spend a weekend in Pairs but not sure it is safe or not to go since most protests are happening on the weekends? Any PF members in Paris now or recently and can share any suggestion on to go or not to go or whether the Chanel boutiques are open or close on Sat/Sun due to the riots? also, is it safe to check out the touristy spots? TIA!!!

Reactions: jtothelo
My husband and I were there the first weekend of december, which was the first time the protest got out of hand, and it was all over the news, Champs Elysee was a warzone etc. We were in Paris from saturday-monday.
On the saturday where the protests were, we could see helicopters above Champs Elysee, but we just made sure to stay away from the Champs elysee and the areas around it (we went to marais and saint germain since thats where we normally live when we are in Paris, but you could also visit e.g. Montmatre). No problems at all.
The next day (sunday) we slowly started nearing the 1st Arrodisement (I really wanted to go to the Rue Cambon store to buy boots :P) but I feared that it would be closed. But the closer we got to Champs Elysee, we could see that everything was back to normal - all the stores were open, and the Champs Elysee looked like nothing had ever happened, with christmas lights and people shopping :whut: so weird to see when 12 hours before, it was a warzone!
But as a waiter at a restaurant told us “on saturday they protest, on sunday they take care of their hangovers :lol:

I would have no worries travelling there again during the protests.

Also, if the Rue Cambon store is closed saturday (and maybe galleries lafayette, they closed Galleries Lafayette when we were there, but I dont think the riots are as bad anymore as when we were there?) You could go to Le bon Marche, they also have Chanel and is located far from champs elysee. But as I mentioned, I dont think the riots are as bad as before.

Hello all,

I will be traveling to London in a week for business and is thinking whether I should spend a weekend in Pairs but not sure it is safe or not to go since most protests are happening on the weekends? Any PF members in Paris now or recently and can share any suggestion on to go or not to go or whether the Chanel boutiques are open or close on Sat/Sun due to the riots? also, is it safe to check out the touristy spots? TIA!!!
The demonstrations occur on Saturdays. Last Saturday was the 13th week of demonstrations. They say they’ll continue until May. There are fewer participants now, but the area of demonstrations has expanded from Champs-Elysées and République to the Left Bank around the Eiffel Tower and National Assembly. As long as you keep away from the demonstrators you’ll be safe. You just might get an occasional whiff of tear gas. Until now there has been little violence against persons, but rather against property. Cars are incinerated and shop windows smashed. The feeling in Paris on Saturdays is eery.
The risk you run is that your favourite boutiques and stores will be closed. Best to call ahead the day before to get their take on whether they’ll close for the day. Persoanally I’d avoid Paris on Saturday if possible. Just not pleasant.
Good luck!

My March trip to Paris, Im planning on shopping at LV. I will also be going to Rome for 5 days. How is the LV shopping there, and where is pricing better?

Yes, they usually do. You may also be able to have your items available at the LV store in the last city you visit in Europe. Though, I never had a problem with purchases stolen in Europe.
. it would be great to pick them up in Rome!

Hello all,

I head to Paris tomorrow for three days and am not worried in the slightest. Just avoid the areas where the gilets jaunes will be at the appropriate times. There is a Facebook page where they organise their activities which you may wish to check out to help you plan.
Screenshot_20190221-070246.jpg