Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

uhpharm01

Nov 11, 2012
Paris has a temperate climate, much like the Eastern Coast of the US. Winter is usually damp, which makes it feel colder than it really is. It is rare that the temperature gets below 5 C. Why don’t you check out a weather website to see historical averages for the months that interest you, and compare to your home area? That way you’ll get a good idea of what to expect and how it compares to what you’re familiar with.
You’ll probably feel most comfortable in a warm, weatherproof coat or jacket with hood, a scarf, boots, gloves, and a folding umbrella.
Paris is the most visited city in the world. It bustles at all seasons of the year.
Enjoy your trip!
Great tips thank you

Reactions: JolieS

rakhee81

Apr 11, 2015
Thinking of going to paris in the early spring and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to stay on a mid-range budget. Will be our first time in the city, going for 2 nights and have narrowed it down to either St Germain or Le Marais. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome! TIA!

nyc_hou_mia

Dec 26, 2018
Thinking of going to paris in the early spring and wondering if anyone has any recommendations for where to stay on a mid-range budget. Will be our first time in the city, going for 2 nights and have narrowed it down to either St Germain or Le Marais. Any thoughts/suggestions would be welcome! TIA!

We went to Paris for the first time last year and stayed in Hotel Abbatial Saint Germain. It was decently price, clean and cute. We walked pretty much everywhere and we went in February so it was quite chilly.

Reactions: rakhee81

Hanna Flaneur

May 19, 2013
In St Germain I only stayed at two hotels:
K+K Hotel Cayré (4-star on 4 Boulevard Raspail)
Hôtel Bonaparte Paris (3-star on 61 Rue Bonaparte)
I can recommend both. Great locations with easy access.
( Check both hotel's own website and booking/hotels .com to see who has a better offer. )

Reactions: the_baglover

Juilletdix

O.G.
Nov 8, 2006
I can also recommend K & K. Very good location and the Metro stop is directly in front of the hotel.

With all the walking you will inevitably do, it is good to try and locate a hotel close to a metro station.
I agree and I usually go one step further by staying near an RER B station, which simplifies my trip to and from the airport. The St. Michel station is about a 10 minute walk from my favorite hotel, the Relais Saint Germain. Chatelet-Les Halles would be another station to consider.

Coco.lover

Checkout out my new Youtube Channel BarbsValente
Nov 3, 2015
Golden goose Sneakers or regular ones. Would not wear the Oran. I love Paris but it’s filthy your feet will be super dirty by the end of the day. I only wear sneakers in Paris even during the heat wave last summer I was in sneakers. For bags I would go with a WOC or anything with a lock or zipper that can be worn crossbody. I’m very anti subways in Paris. Had a bad experience years ago and I would rather just walk or pay the taxi. Plus they always know who is a tourist. Enjoy! I was supposed to be in Paris next week.
What would you recommend for shoes? Golden Goose? Hermes Oran?
How about a bag? Belt bag worn across front? WOC possibly the turnlock model?

Reactions: missconvy

missconvy

Jan 5, 2016
Golden goose Sneakers or regular ones. Would not wear the Oran. I love Paris but it’s filthy your feet will be super dirty by the end of the day. I only wear sneakers in Paris even during the heat wave last summer I was in sneakers. For bags I would go with a WOC or anything with a lock or zipper that can be worn crossbody. I’m very anti subways in Paris. Had a bad experience years ago and I would rather just walk or pay the taxi. Plus they always know who is a tourist. Enjoy! I was supposed to be in Paris next week.
Ok, good to know. I just want some comfy shoes lol. Such a bummer your trip got postponed or canceled :/ we're planning to go awhile from now. I'm just a super planner lol.

JolieS

Oct 24, 2016
Ok, good to know. I just want some comfy shoes lol. Such a bummer your trip got postponed or canceled :/ we're planning to go awhile from now. I'm just a super planner lol.
Ummm..If you haven’t heard, France is on total lockdown for the next 3 months due to coronavirus pandemic. Businesses, hotels, and tourist sites closed. Transport greatly reduced. Who knows how long it will take to get back to normal.
Good luck planning in such uncertain times.

Coco.lover

Checkout out my new Youtube Channel BarbsValente
Nov 3, 2015
Enjoy it, it's a lovely place but like any big city just be aware of your surroundings. I'll go another time, I've been to Paris many many times Ill go soon. Chavanel Hotel is great and very well located.