Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

What should I pack in early June? It looks like it may still be a bit cool? What are fashionable Parisians wearing out at night these days?

You will have to watch the weather but layers are key. People dress simply there these days. Mostly neutrals. Not many bright colors. For evening a little black dress or black pants and a tuxedo jacket are good bets. Flats or low block heels are best because of the cobblestones. Have fun! Remember that anything you don't bring you can always buy there. [emoji4]

Has anyone done major shopping at Le Bon MArche? Does their reward program actually work? I signed up for it last week and I am want a CHANEL time piece thinking of buying it there so I can get the 10% back on the gift card. Does it actually work? That's the only reason I'd buy it at Le Bon MArche because I get amazing service at Montaigne.

Has anyone done major shopping at Le Bon MArche? Does their reward program actually work? I signed up for it last week and I am want a CHANEL time piece thinking of buying it there so I can get the 10% back on the gift card. Does it actually work? That's the only reason I'd buy it at Le Bon MArche because I get amazing service at Montaigne.

It's complicated. You sign up and then you have to spend at least $500. After that you get six months in which to choose a rewards day. During that day they add up all of your purchases and you get a 10% credit to use on a future purchase. You could theoretically do that in three days within one trip. But you have to find things you want to buy.

I tried to sign up online but they had no re it's if it. I signed up in the store and they gave me a card. I bought a LV bag there. I might use my reward sat next trip but the hard part is finding things you want to buy there. They have a lot but not the things in my wishlist. I had hoped to use it on some name brand jewelry that I wanted but I found a better selection at the jewelry store itself and they gave a 16% vat refund so I just bought there.

I bought espadrilles last week and spent the eu$500 already but I'd figure if it really works I could get back eu$1000, they never have a good selection of Chanel but the watch I want they have, but is it worth not buying from the sweet manager at Montaigne. She literally rolls the out the red carpet for me every time I'm in town.

I bought espadrilles last week and spent the eu$500 already but I'd figure if it really works I could get back eu$1000, they never have a good selection of Chanel but the watch I want they have, but is it worth not buying from the sweet manager at Montaigne. She literally rolls the out the red carpet for me every time I'm in town.

The watch is $10,000? I wonder if there is a limit. If not $1000 is a lot of money to not take advantage. You don't get it in cash. You get 1000 credit so there has to be something else that you want to use it on. They are nice at avenue Montaigne Chanel but 1000 is 1000.

The reward program works but you have to plan your purchase very well. If say you plan to purchase 5000 eur worth of goods. Do not spend all first but spend 500 eur in a day first. Then you have the 10% on your next purchase. The remaining 4500 you spend it all at once in another day so you have the maximum benefit, Because you only have 1x opportunity. I'm however not sure if the discount is valid at boutiques inside LBM such as Chanel, Celine, LV, Delvaux, etc.

The reward program works but you have to plan your purchase very well. If say you plan to purchase 5000 eur worth of goods. Do not spend all first but spend 500 eur in a day first. Then you have the 10% on your next purchase. The remaining 4500 you spend it all at once in another day so you have the maximum benefit, Because you only have 1x opportunity. I'm however not sure if the discount is valid at boutiques inside LBM such as Chanel, Celine, LV, Delvaux, etc.

I asked and they said that it is good at all brands including boutiques.

I was going to buy earrings and one ring and then use the discount on a second ring. But as I said, I did better at the other store.

But now that I used the card once I think I have to pick a rewards date within 6 months. Is that right? I'm going back in the fall but slightly over 6 months.

I asked and they said that it is good at all brands including boutiques.

I was going to buy earrings and one ring and then use the discount on a second ring. But as I said, I did better at the other store.

But now that I used the card once I think I have to pick a rewards date within 6 months. Is that right? I'm going back in the fall but slightly over 6 months.

Once you collected the 500 points you can choose and tell them the day you want them to apply the 10% reward within the year I think (I don't remember there were limitation of six months). Then the 10% reward you collected that day you can use it starting the following day and within six months. Be careful though as I think every end of August all reward money not used will be expired.

It's great that the 10% discount/reward can be applied on purchase at the boutiques. I didn't know this.

Once you collected the 500 points you can choose and tell them the day you want them to apply the 10% reward within the year I think (I don't remember there were limitation of six months). Then the 10% reward you collected that day you can use it starting the following day and within six months. Be careful though as I think every end of August all reward money not used will be expired.

It's great that the 10% discount/reward can be applied on purchase at the boutiques. I didn't know this.

Thank you for clarifying! So I might be able to use this. It's just a matter of finding things that I want. I usually go with a very specific wishlist.

Points are reset each year on September 1. BUT if you have reached 2 nd tier of 1500 points, your points are still good. But you must keep spending to keep this points live for another year.

When you pick your 24 Sevres day, 10% is credited to you via gift voucher on your card.
If you make a large purchase and claim the VAT , you essentially get 22%, nobody beats that, that I know.

Last edited:
I love the Chanel store on Ave Montaigne. I've never bought anything but an SA that I chatted up in December remembered me when I was there a few days ago and rolled out the red carpet for me too. :tup:

I just got back on Monday. Took my rain boots but it stopped raining the day before I arrived. Everyone kept saying I must've brought the sun with me from Texas. LOL! :sunshine:The weather was amazing the entire time and got warmer with each passing day. I think it went from the 60s to 70s by the time I left and the rain returned.

My trip was amazing and YES I'm already planning a return in November, probably Thanksgiving week. The shopping was amazing. I didn't do much sightseeing other than going to Versailles. The lines to get into the palace were hours long so I just looked around the gardens. I'll try again in the fall.
Other than that I just walked all over and shopped a LOT!

Last edited: