Travel PARIS tips - questions - advice!

take a tour your hotel will have many of them See things also buy fun cheap souveniers( I love this) plus real shopping.I only took metro once and cabbed it everywhere. See eifel tower in day and night. Take a boat ride they offer tours right across the street from the eiffel tower.

Talking about boats. There is such a thing as a "metro boat" that goes up the Seine, has stops and comments about the monuments and buildings when passing in front of them. Not sure if they work during the winter though.

take a tour your hotel will have many of them See things also buy fun cheap souveniers( I love this) plus real shopping.I only took metro once and cabbed it everywhere. See eifel tower in day and night. Take a boat ride they offer tours right across the street from the eiffel tower.

i'll be sure to get one. I was told cab rates can be astronomical and depending on time of day, is slower than the metro. ill keep an ey on traffic before deciding...

Talking about boats. There is such a thing as a "metro boat" that goes up the Seine, has stops and comments about the monuments and buildings when passing in front of them. Not sure if they work during the winter though.

that's something i'll do when i go back during the spring...as you said earlier the weather is a concern lol...

Saint-Germaine-des-Prés is beautiful and there's great shopping, as well as Rue Saint-Honoré. And when you're on Rue Saint-Honoré don't forget to get one of Godiva's delicious chocolate drinks or some chocolate truffles! And don't forget to check out Colette.

I would highly recommend to take a boat tour on the Seine river, but I'm not so sure if it's not too cold in December.

Saint-Germaine-des-Prés is beautiful and there's great shopping, as well as Rue Saint-Honoré. And when you're on Rue Saint-Honoré don't forget to get one of Godiva's delicious chocolate drinks or some chocolate truffles! And don't forget to check out Colette.

I would highly recommend to take a boat tour on the Seine river, but I'm not so sure if it's not too cold in December.

those all sound wonderful, i completely forgot about Colette. I'm going to turn in my VAT on saint-honore, so godiva and colette will be great sights to see while i'm on my way...

Go to Laduree too!! their macarons are tdf! and i like Dalloyau too. Dalloyau is on the place next to the Luxembourg. um.. i cant remember the exact address.

will do, i'm interested in trying them!

I'm taking a weekend trip in January to see the huge Monet exhibit that is ongoing. And the sales are in January too!

i'm right around the corner from the louvre, so i'll go by there tomorrow and check it out...

The metro is very easy to use. Give it a shot and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

You will have loads of time to see museums, etc.! If you like cooking or baking, there are some excellent classes to take that are a day or half a day. La Cuisine Paris, A world in a Pan and Cook'n with Class are just a few places that offer courses. Montmartre is one of my favorite areas, too.

Make sure u go to Angelinas!they r by the Louvre and the Westin.the best hot chocolate u will ever have!!

i'm maybe two block's from the louvre, which i spent the last four hours in. I only made it through a wing and a half!! My feet are killing me, so i had to come back to the hotel and rest for a while before heading out to dinner. The hotel suggested i give cafe marley a try.

The metro is very easy to use. Give it a shot and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

You will have loads of time to see museums, etc.! If you like cooking or baking, there are some excellent classes to take that are a day or half a day. La Cuisine Paris, A world in a Pan and Cook'n with Class are just a few places that offer courses. Montmartre is one of my favorite areas, too.

you are right, the metro is surprisingly easy to use. I decided to take it to my hotel when i first got in, and i just asked information for the stop and which train to use. I arrived there, which few hiccups (mainly from getting lost thanks to the "wonderful" gps on the iphone)...but it was nice because i became somewhat familiar with what was around me.

I'm going to get an earlier start on things tomorrow and request breakfast around 8 am, then go to angelina's for hot chocolate, then walk all the way down saint-honore to champs-elysees, ending with the eiffel tower and l'arc de triomphe and then a bus tour. I now have a grocery list of things to do when i come back for new years...

If you like French food I can recommend a restaurant that has amazing food and is dripping with atmosphere. It's a little pricy but worth it to me. Best beouf bourgingnon in the world. "Joesphine Chez Dumonet." You'll need to call ahead for a reservation for lunch or dinner. It's on rue Cherche-Midi.

For a bit of beautiful history, you might enjoy a walk through LeMarais (3rd Arr) head straight down from rue Rambuteau (metro stop) and see if you can walk to rue des Rosiers -- you're now in a small slice of medieval Paris that is just beautiful. Besides the ancient buildings and narrow streets, rue des Rosiers marks the center of an ancient Jewish community that continues to thrive today. Surrounding area is very trendy -- lots of cool boutiques and little cafes to stop in as well as little museums.

Shakespeare and Co -- an awesome bookstore (english) with an impressive history and equally impressive view of Notre Dame. It would take too long to give you the history -- just google it and you will see why you might want to go there!

Musée D'Orsay -- easier to manage than the Louvre -- impressive collections - Renoir, Van Gogh, Matisse, Degas...

And I so agree about Angelina's for hot chocolate!