Paris: je t'aime... A small reveal and reminiscence...

Your description of Paris makes me long to go back soooooo badly!!!!!!!!! Such a beautiful city!!!!
The most beautiful one I've ever visited, ehy...it was more than that I could've imagined. I felt such a peace and joy there...such a connection... As soon as I got back home I wanted to turn right around and go back...

Reactions: prepster
Thank you for taking us along with you to Paris by your lovely narrated posts. Those photos from FSH and others are as if we are there with you. This will put Paris as one of my must visit city in life!! Enjoy your goodies!!
Thank you, gravity- it truly humbled me...now I understand the magic and the mystique. I know you'd love it!

Paris...a city that has called to me my whole life. Thanks to all of you wonderful friends, my excitement was almost off the charts in the days leading up to my trip. I never take vacations and I've rarely needed one like I needed this one. This trip changed me...and I'll never forget it.

In case some of you may be bored by the travelogue component of this thread, I'll get to the most relevant stuff first: the shopping. A word in advance- no bags. I'm fine on H bags for now. I'm happy with what I got, though...these are things I already adore and am using heavily. :smile:

First: my first pair of Izmir sandals, in red. I've always wanted some of these and I can now safely say that they are most comfortable sandals I've ever worn. Now I want them in every color...
View attachment 3682494

Next: a black cashmere/silk losange scarf w/grey piping. I love losanges but this color, which I've wanted for awhile, is hard to find. This was actually the only black/grey one I could find in all the Paris stores.

View attachment 3682500

And then, a new citizen twill wallet in that gorgeous new H blue, bleu zanzibar! I love H blues and this one has taken me.

View attachment 3682502

I also picked up an adorable black Loewe elephant leather bag charm- it works beautifully with my H alfred!

View attachment 3682503

A new neckchain skull pendant from Alexander McQueen- the skull splits up into 3 pieces and has one black eye. :smile:

View attachment 3682505

And then a new bracelet from Dior:

View attachment 3682506
I'm not going to post pics of H stores (a lot of those were already posted in the "Paris Trip for Hermes" thread and the "Hermes Windows Around the World" thread, but I will add this one pic of the FSH I took on a particularly beautiful morning as I was walking to the Avenue Montaigne-

View attachment 3682510
My flight out of Reykjavik was delayed nearly 4 hours so by the time I got to Paris my first night all the H stores were closed. I still had enough energy to fulfill my first night goal: drinks at the Hemingway Bar at the Ritz Hotel. The Place Vendome, lit up at night, was a stunning first sight out on the streets, and sharing conversation w/the one and only Colin Field was everything I thought it would be- a total joy.

View attachment 3682511
View attachment 3682512
The next morning I fueled up at my hotel's excellent breakfast- I appreciated the Melia Vendome's superb morning food choices:

View attachment 3682514

Congratulations on your amazing purchases and I'm so glad you had such a wonderful trip to the City of Lights!

Thanks for sharing your story and all these wonderful pictures. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip, and I also love all your new purchases, especially your new wallet in Bleu Zanzibar. I also love the picture of your new Alfred

I have never heard of Maison de Radio before. If I visit Paris in the future I will make sure to go there, I love live orchestras!!