Paris, inventory and more

costa

....Crinoline...
O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
I know we have the inventory thread, but I would love to know all about the visits in Paris. Of course the inventory is a great part of it, but the general impression too...and news on the boutique...and if it was crouded and the SAs....
It makes me dream from my home.
I will be in Paris next friday and I will add something to this thread (and hopefuly I will make a reveal).
I would love to find a kelly 35 or even 40 and of course I would love to see some birkins as well....:heart:

mooks

May 4, 2007
There were plenty of 35 Kelly's when I went for the H sale but no 40's as I wanted to try one. Of course there may well be 40's now....have a lovely trip

malish

May 26, 2007
Are there Kellys on sale in Paris? Also, what are the Paris Hermes sale dates? Thanks so much for any info!

LailaT

Bruno good boy
O.G.
Jul 14, 2008
CA
malish, sale was end of January, 4 days only, offsite, no Kelly bags in sale.

costa, can't wait to read/see about your Paris trip! i had a blast there... both boutiques were an experience for me. my first time at GV and i liked the low key quiet ambience very much because it made it fun for me to explore and pick out what i liked. at FSH it was kinda like being in a tourist spot, a cross say between a museum and a zoo. i had the opportunity to sit for about 40 minutes (waiting for someone) and just watch what was going on at the handbag counters... quite amusing i must say! in particular i remember this one lady trying to choose between 2 birkins, going back and forth in the mirror, looking at them side-by-side on the counter, taking input from her SO (the SA was patient/smart enough to just smile and wait it out), i'm not kidding this took over 20 minutes. and did i mention what the 2 birkins were? both 40 black taurillon with ghw!!! :rolleyes:
then there was the american lady who kept asking the same question, "any barenia?" and finally she left saying she'd return. i did see her return before i left, and i can just guess what she returned to ask!
of course there are the fun ones shopping for their anniversaries...
the place was busy the entire time i was there, with only very brief moments without customers trying on and buying Birkins. i wonder what it would be like in there if just the Birkins were sold at a different shop...
i did have a chance to peek at the computer screen with the stock listed and i can tell you that on the wednesday late morning that i was there, there were more than a few Birkins back there!
now to your Kelly... like mooks (who was in town at the same time), i did not see any 40s on display, except in the window i believe. so just ask! you may find it too big anyway, and i expect they will still have 35s in varoius leathers and colors. oo good luck and again, can't wait to find out how it goes for you, cara. :wlae:

May 27, 2007
malish, sale was end of January, 4 days only, offsite, no Kelly bags in sale.

costa, can't wait to read/see about your Paris trip! i had a blast there... both boutiques were an experience for me. my first time at GV and i liked the low key quiet ambience very much because it made it fun for me to explore and pick out what i liked. at FSH it was kinda like being in a tourist spot, a cross say between a museum and a zoo. i had the opportunity to sit for about 40 minutes (waiting for someone) and just watch what was going on at the handbag counters... quite amusing i must say! in particular i remember this one lady trying to choose between 2 birkins, going back and forth in the mirror, looking at them side-by-side on the counter, taking input from her SO (the SA was patient/smart enough to just smile and wait it out), i'm not kidding this took over 20 minutes. and did i mention what the 2 birkins were? both 40 black taurillon with ghw!!! :rolleyes:
then there was the american lady who kept asking the same question, "any barenia?" and finally she left saying she'd return. i did see her return before i left, and i can just guess what she returned to ask!
of course there are the fun ones shopping for their anniversaries...
the place was busy the entire time i was there, with only very brief moments without customers trying on and buying Birkins. i wonder what it would be like in there if just the Birkins were sold at a different shop...
i did have a chance to peek at the computer screen with the stock listed and i can tell you that on the wednesday late morning that i was there, there were more than a few Birkins back there!
now to your Kelly... like mooks (who was in town at the same time), i did not see any 40s on display, except in the window i believe. so just ask! you may find it too big anyway, and i expect they will still have 35s in varoius leathers and colors. oo good luck and again, can't wait to find out how it goes for you, cara. :wlae:
I didn't know you were hiding out behind me when I was at FSH!:roflmfao: Just kidding! I only asked the SA twice about barenia:sweatdrop:

When I was there after Christmas, it was still quite busy, even on a weekday morning. It really is fun to just sit in the store and watch the people and bags going by. The last time I was at FSH there was an SA on the phone with someone who's DH was in the store; what I heard of the convesation was the SA saying, we will call you if we get any birkins in, your husband has told us what color you want...I know you want a birkin ma'am, we will call you...I know you want a birkin ma'am, we will call you! I felt sorry for the guy, but all in a days work and he was extremely polite through it all. Lots of kellys when I was there, but that was in December.

baileylab

O.G.
Apr 20, 2008
Beaches Galore
Please report on Lindys too!!! colors, leathers, etc... lots of stocks? lots / none on display?

i'm afraid I'll go out empty handed when I go there soon.

Interested in Raisin and Vert Olive.

Please post what color/s caught your eye too! As in you didn't give it a second look in pictures but when you go to the store - wow!

thanks!

Roxane

Horange!
O.G.
Jul 7, 2006
Please report on Lindys too!!! colors, leathers, etc... lots of stocks? lots / none on display?

i'm afraid I'll go out empty handed when I go there soon.

Interested in Raisin and Vert Olive.
There was a raisin Lindy in the display case a month ago – sat there for the few days I was in Paris. They also had Lindys in ciel, orange, parchemin – these are the ones I remember. Plus various croc colours (except the one I wanted! :cursing:)

I think the Lindy doesn't come in vert olive, but I could be wrong – green is so not my colour.

There are usually at least a few Lindys on display – 30 cm and 34 cm. There are probably quite a number in the back as well – a fairly long list typically comes out when they check the stock on the computer.

LittleH

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
London
The Lindy comes in Olive, I saw a very nice 30 in clemence Olive ghw in the Athens airport a few months ago.

Mooks, they had a few kellys when I went there, just about 1hour before Chaz, Sammyjoe and you met with me. I think one russian lady took the blue indigo.

sarachryan

O.G.
Jun 6, 2007
2 weeks ago they had no 40 Kelly, apart from a display Clemence Vert Olive. I was shown it to try for size. They had lots and lots of 35.