Paris/Dallas fringe bags.

Between the two, definitely the flap fringe. But yes, it's a trend piece, I'd personally invest in more classic looking bags if wanting to use it long term. But if you love it, then it's meant for you! :smile:

Just my opinion but I don't think the fringe looks classy at all. Chanel is classy and the fringe just makes it look cheap :sad: I would save and buy a classic.

I didn't even know fringe was in this year!! :sad: haha

Need help deciding between the flap fringe or the hobo fringe. Which one do you like better and if you think fringe is too trendy. Thanks!!View attachment 2677084View attachment 2677085

They both look too trendy to me; I know there are a few other brands with fringe bags, and even beyond those, fringe is best left in the past. The "nicest" is one that's still trendy but there is a ton of work involved to make it (I've done a fair bit of bead work):

Attachments

• $$$fringe.jpg
    $$$fringe.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 773
I tend to think that big money on a fringe bag might be regretted later. Of the two, my favourite by far is the fringe flap. The fringing is not as obvious so you are less likely to tire of it. To me, fringes say 'summer', 'boho' and hippy dippy. Black is not the most obvious or useful colour for a summer bag. As such the two bags you suggest don't quite 'click' for me, sorry.

I am not a fan of either of those bags. However, I do believe that fringe has it's place in fashion with various bags that look great--just not these. Perhaps the color black is what I'm against...or just the way it hangs.

I think the fringe works best with the hobo, which is a more casual bag. The flap looks odd, as if they just tacked fringe on a classic. Saying that, fringe IMO is a very trendy style. It will look dated when the next season/trend comes in. I don't think it's a summer look, in fact I think it looks more like fall/winter, especially in black leather.

This is the best looking fringe bag IMO. There is a pic in the celeb thread where jlo has on the hobo and I think it looks cool. It is not my personal style but the bags have grown on me. Between your 2 pics I like the hobo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 543
Ugh. Call me conservative but I think fringes only look good on those 1920s flapper dresses and Native American costumes :biggrin:
I'd use the money on something more timeless or some jewelry. GL deciding!

I think the fringe works best with the hobo, which is a more casual bag. The flap looks odd, as if they just tacked fringe on a classic. Saying that, fringe IMO is a very trendy style. It will look dated when the next season/trend comes in. I don't think it's a summer look, in fact I think it looks more like fall/winter, especially in black leather.

I agree with this. I am not a fan of either but it looks best on the hobo shape rather than on the flap which looks like a flap with a mustache to me. I saw a pic of Jennifer Lopez carrying the hobo and think she pulls it off just fine. I would not expect to carry it for years or seasons to come though.

http://forum.purseblog.com/chanel/c...o-chatting-please-12995-562.html#post27045834

I thought i was the only one, i also think the fringe on the flap looks odd like it has a beard! I would have to go for the hobo. I am a big fan of fringes but I'm not crazy about any of the ones chanel has done, and I've really tried to like them- i prefer the gucci or valentino for a fringe bag. Just my personal taste

Not too crazy about the fringe on chanel. Somehow gucci does it better. But who knows - if you end up buying it and get bored few years later, you can always ..uhmm cut the whole fringe. In that case, hobo is better :smile: