Parchemin Colour

mariacarla

O.G.
Oct 19, 2008
Hello Everyone,
I have a possibility to buy preowned birkin (clemence, 30, parchemin) which is practically in a mint condition.
Although I really like this colour, I have many doubts about the bag maintainance? Will it get dirty easily? Does colour transfer from dark coloured clothes occurs easily? What is the best way to clean it at home?

I may add that I often travel and go around with toddlers as well. I also don't "baby" too much my bags.

I'd be really glad if you please could answer my questions and share your opinions on this colour!

Thank you!

Parchemin is a beautiful color, especially with gold hardware. However, I wouldn't carry and tote it around with toddlers. Like all light-colored bags, it can easily get dirty.

First welcome!

In my honest and humble opinion, I do like Parchemin a lot. Is it with GHW? I think it is divine with GHW. I thought of buying it myself but decided that I should probably do Etoupe as it is light enough for the summer and won't get super dirty. I know myself. I have kids. I baby my babies and my bags. I have moved parchemin lower on the list for now..

To add to my post above, I used to own this color in a 30cm Birkin, clemence with GH. It can withstand dirt more than white bags. But, still, not for toting around with toddlers and don't wear it with jeans! I was always very careful of color transfer.

Hello,

No, I own a Lindy in Gold Clemence 34cm
and 35 cm Gold Birkin in Clemence.
I used to have 35 Curry Birkin in Swift until leterally one week ago, but sold it as that bag was a big mistake (never matched my clothes and mood in the way gold[which is my favourite] does).
Now, yesterday, a trusted reseller let me know about his new arrival. I went to see it, and really fell in love with the bag. It seems so small and could be perfect for coming season. But just as I say, I'm afraid that with the lifestyle I have a light coloured birkin will be soon ruined...

In the end, you have to see what your heart desires. It's a beautiful color.

But, like what I said, it's not a workhorse bag, and a dirty parchemin Birkin would not look pleasing to the eyes.

I agree with zoopla and la van, the colour is a lovely light colour and can get dirty quickly, but the spa will clean it up for you. It is defo not a workhorse

I am surprised the curry was not for you, I saw a curry and I still think about that bag to this day.

In the end, you have to see what your heart desires. It's a beautiful color.

But, like what I said, it's not a workhorse bag, and a dirty parchemin Birkin would not look pleasing to the eyes.

Yes, of course you are right!
I just feel a little bit torn. My heart says go for it, but I almost know I'm gonna regret it...

I agree with zoopla and la van, the colour is a lovely light colour and can get dirty quickly, but the spa will clean it up for you. It is defo not a workhorse

I am surprised the curry was not for you, I saw a curry and I still think about that bag to this day.

Yes, curry is so lovely, bit I'm all black, blu, white, grey and brown:smile:
The "happy" colour of the bag almost bothered me.
But I assure you, it sold in three days and the lady who bought it was just in heaven.