Parcel forwarding service from the US to the UK?

Feb 26, 2007
Hi all,

I haven't been around much in the past few weeks thanks to a hectic time at work, but I'm having a dilemma that I just knew you guys could help with so I've dragged myself away from work for five minutes! :tup:

I have been desperately looking for an outfit to wear to a friend's wedding next weekend, and have managed to find something I like on an American site that doesn't ship internationally. I was thinking about using a parcel forwarding service, however the transaction value doesn't quite seem high enough (the dress is only $150!!). I found a company called Parcel2Go who seem to good to be true. It only costs £10 for an annual membership, plus your postage costs. As they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Or could you recommend another service that might handle a transaction this small?

Thanks so much for all your help! Right, head down, bum up, and back to work :upsidedown:

I looked into some of these services as I am in Canada and they were all way too expensive to make shopping in the US worth it. I just looked up Parcel2go and it seems really reasonable.

Thanks Cal, that's really helpful!! I had heard about Kim's service ages ago but hadn't ever used it, and wasn't sure if it was still available. Hopefully she can help me!

Thanks all :tpfrox:

Did anybody ever find this? I've been looking for over an hour now on google and can't seem to pull anything up and would love to check it out!

Did you get your dress alwaysinvougue? Did you use the service?
Hope all went well.

okay, i am currently doing an order with aaron from boxvoyage and it is going quite well! he invoiced me for the amount of the purchase (plus $10 commission - on a $98, not bad!) and now i just have to wait for them to arrive, hooray! will update this once the transaction is complete

There is also Access USA, you can find it here:

http://www.myus.com/

They also use their own credit cards for you and charge your card later in case the US store does not accept international credt cards. They also put whatever value you want on the package they forward to you.
Regina :tup:

yeah just wanted to bump this. im' onto my 2nd transaction with box voyage (the first one went SO WELL) and i'm totally loving this service! plus the guy who runs it, aaron is very nice and helpful. he'll even just let me mail something to his house that requires a US address and then mail it to me for the cost of shipping!