Paraty- yay or nay?

Dec 1, 2008
Hi!

I'm trying to decide whether to purchase a medium Paraty and am curious- do you feel this bag is a classic, or has it become dated? I'm transitioning my bag collection from a trendier, massive collection to a much smaller, classic collection, but I don't want a collection of grandma bags or bags that necessarily scream their brand name (dislike logos).

I love the look of Paraty. How do you think the bag has aged? Thanks!

Hi,
there are rumors that Paraty will be discontinued soon. I'd say buy it if you really like the design and keep in mind potential price drop in resale market.
I have two Paraties in fun colors - Old Pink and Eggplant and I love how details stand out in these bags. But I wouldn't really call this design classic, it's more about an edgy, urban look. or so it was.

Hi,
there are rumors that Paraty will be discontinued soon. I'd say buy it if you really like the design and keep in mind potential price drop in resale market.
I have two Paraties in fun colors - Old Pink and Eggplant and I love how details stand out in these bags. But I wouldn't really call this design classic, it's more about an edgy, urban look. or so it was.

I appreciate the feedback. This is good to know, especially as I'm new to the brand.

I ended up deciding that I love the design enough that I don't care about resale, and was able to buy a medium navy for 30% off on blue fly (yay!). It's still good to be aware of the situation re: resale/ expected value over time.

Thanks!

I appreciate the feedback. This is good to know, especially as I'm new to the brand.

I ended up deciding that I love the design enough that I don't care about resale, and was able to buy a medium navy for 30% off on blue fly (yay!). It's still good to be aware of the situation re: resale/ expected value over time.

Thanks!

Navy is great color! and it's very practical bag in everyday use.

Ooh, look forward to your reveal when it arrives. I don't use mine as much as I ought, as when I do, I really love its versatility - and it's one of the few bags for which I get compliments off complete strangers :smile:

I have a medium one in Jungle Brown, got it preloved, it´s a tank of a bag, beware it´s a bit heavy because of the gorgeous brass hardware, and if you´re into rocker chic, country romantic, or hippie boho it´s a perfect piece - the older and more worn the better it looks!

I give you joy on your purchase, Navy is a lovely, deep colour!

If I could afford one I'd buy one.....once a classic, always a classic! The only opinion that matters at the end of the day is yours.

If you love it, I say go for it. Don't let the "fashion police" sway you:tdown:
and after reading what Pimpernel said maybe I'll look for one on the pre-loved market:tup:

I have a black paraty that I got as a gift a few years ago and I looooove it - it's such a workhorse of a bag. And it's so unique. I think if it's in line with your personal style, it won't go "out of style".