Paraty Questions...

Oh my! 50% off :shocked:?! Where did you find Old Pink @ that fabulous price? Sorry the strap broke! That is unacceptable, even @ 50% off!
It was back in Feb someone on here posted about the sale in another state (I am in Australia by the way) and they had one left so I called and snapped it up. Just 3 weeks before that I had contacted them about buying it and was considering their lay away service so I didnt have to part with $2500 up front but then I decided against it because I didnt want to spend that much at that time. So when it went on sale for a 50% discount couldnt pass it up!

I really like the design of the paraty, but I hate the leather. It felt so cheap when I saw it at Nordies a few weeks ago. My brother said it was the ugliest bag he has ever seen, and if I bought it he'd throw it in the fireplace and let it burn, lol.

It was back in Feb someone on here posted about the sale in another state (I am in Australia by the way) and they had one left so I called and snapped it up. Just 3 weeks before that I had contacted them about buying it and was considering their lay away service so I didnt have to part with $2500 up front but then I decided against it because I didnt want to spend that much at that time. So when it went on sale for a 50% discount couldnt pass it up!

That's awesome! Fate bought you to your Old Pink for a great price :tup:! I'm assuming it's the large paraty? I think the small/med paraty retails @ 1895?!

Yes it was the large and re the post above I actually like the leather. the leather on mine is so thick and smells so rich Im not sure how it is cheap... and if anyone told me they would "throw it in a fireplace" or anything I owned in a fireplace I would tell them where to go and to grow up. I like it, my brother doesnt have to and in fact Id be worried if my brother did like my bags...

Yes it was the large and re the post above I actually like the leather. the leather on mine is so thick and smells so rich Im not sure how it is cheap... and if anyone told me they would "throw it in a fireplace" or anything I owned in a fireplace I would tell them where to go and to grow up. I like it, my brother doesnt have to and in fact Id be worried if my brother did like my bags...

Thanks Jaime, for the info :flowers:. Well, I've seen and touched and sniffed the leather on the paraty and it is divine :love:. The texture is different from the paddington (my paddys seem to be more pebbly), but Chloe leather is just amazing. I can't believe how LIGHT the paraty is! Maybe I'm just use to the padlocks on my paddys weighing me down :P!

Is the Paraty still around? I like the shape/look of the bag, but I feel as though as though it is a trendy bag that's kind of faded in popularity...I don't want to rush and make a purchase for a bag that's not a great investment.

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments!

I definitely do NOT think Paraty is past its prime. Whenever I wear mine (I own a few and I love each one of them) I get compliments - from women AND men. In fact today, I had set my Paraty down in the handbag department at Nordstrom while I was trying another Chloe handbag in front of the mirror. Within a minute a man picked up my Paraty and showed his girlfriend/wife and said "honey, this is a great bag - I like it. You should get this one." I had to tell him that it was my bag - and he apologized and said "that is a very, very nice bag." His wife/girlfriend told me the same. That's actually happened to me before with another couple in another handbag department. In real life, Paraty is an eye-catcher - it's even better in person than in photos. I think it attracts attention because of its interesting shape and because of its functionality. It has a very natural, organic look. My husband is a big fan, and he normally really doesn't notice handbags much, but he definitely likes the Paraty. I think it's destined to be a non-prissy classic bag.

However, I agree with the ladies above. You should buy what makes YOU smile, what you like to look at, and carry everyday. I appreciate the fact that you don't see many Paratys on the street. The other day I was in the South Coast Plaza and I counted the women that were carrying LV logo bags. I counted seventeen within a half an hour. Those bags are definitely popular, but do you really just want to be part of the herd?. You have to buy what you love and makes you happy - it doesn't matter what other people think. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your opinions, ladies; I was at Saks the day before yesterday and saw the Paraty...it is VERY NICE...better than the pictures. I want to buy another bag, but am unsure whether to get a Chanel (probably a GST), a Bal GGH work, or a Paraty. :sad: a dilemma.

Jale2286 - Its important that you buy what you feel comfortable with - and what you will use. Each of the bags you mention has plus and minus points - and you should weigh those up - and then balance - What would you use most? What is the best size? The Bal Work is the largest bag - so do you want a large bag like that? If so - then the other two are out of the equation. Do you want a bag which has a different shape, has the ability to hand-carry and also carry on shoulder? If so - then the Paraty is good. If you want a classic - then its the Chanel. That will never date - In true terms - Bal doesn't really date either - but the Work is a more 'casual' type bag IMO. The Chanel is the most Classic. The Paraty - whilst the shape is interesting - doesn't 'do it' for me - but it does look good when worn - and the leather is excellent.

I think the bag you buy must be wearable, work with you and be one which you will want to keep!

I definitely do NOT think Paraty is past its prime. Whenever I wear mine (I own a few and I love each one of them) I get compliments - from women AND men. In fact today, I had set my Paraty down in the handbag department at Nordstrom while I was trying another Chloe handbag in front of the mirror. Within a minute a man picked up my Paraty and showed his girlfriend/wife and said "honey, this is a great bag - I like it. You should get this one." I had to tell him that it was my bag - and he apologized and said "that is a very, very nice bag." His wife/girlfriend told me the same. That's actually happened to me before with another couple in another handbag department. In real life, Paraty is an eye-catcher - it's even better in person than in photos. I think it attracts attention because of its interesting shape and because of its functionality. It has a very natural, organic look. My husband is a big fan, and he normally really doesn't notice handbags much, but he definitely likes the Paraty. I think it's destined to be a non-prissy classic bag.

However, I agree with the ladies above. You should buy what makes YOU smile, what you like to look at, and carry everyday. I appreciate the fact that you don't see many Paratys on the street. The other day I was in the South Coast Plaza and I counted the women that were carrying LV logo bags. I counted seventeen within a half an hour. Those bags are definitely popular, but do you really just want to be part of the herd?. You have to buy what you love and makes you happy - it doesn't matter what other people think. Just my opinion.

May I ask if your Paraty's are python or regular leather? I really love the python, but I'm afraid I can't afford one, even on eBay. :biggrin: My concern is that the python really gives the bag that extra "pop" and that the regular leather ones aren't as special or unique looking in person. Thoughts?