Paraty Questions...

chris7891

O.G.
Sep 22, 2008
Hi everyone

I'm new to the Chloe section. I'm starting to save up for the Paraty and hope to get it in August. Just wondering some pros and cons of the bag.

Thanks ;)

I hope you will buy it in August, you will love it.
what size are you considering?
Pros : it is beautiful, classic, not heavy and one of the most popular Chloe styles and many more pros.....
Cons: nothing really serious but the calfskin tends to get scratches fairly easy and it doesn't go on sale (at least where I live)

^ Thanks for the quick reply. I would love to get the medium size.
I live in Toronto and i'm pretty sure they sell the bag here, but I want to go to Nyc to get it.

I have two Paratys - a large size in Old Pink and a small/medium in Dark Purple. As far as I'm concerned it's pros all the way EXCEPT for the original style rolled leather shoulder strap that digs into my shoulder quite painfully when my large size bag is full. My small/medium has the new style shoulder strap with the flattened part in the middle (where it sits on the shoulder) which is far more comfortable. Apart from that one issue, I ADORE this style and think it's set to be to be a real timeless Chloe classic.

I don´t own a Paraty or an Heli...But, Tag, do you think the Paraty style is going to become a classic...like the Paddy???
Sorry, I love ALL the Chloe styles, but i prefer the oldies: Paddy, Edith, Silverado, Betty...

^^Ditto to Tag's response. I have both sizes also, my smaller size has the rolled strap and my larger has the flattened strap, although I haven't noticed too much digging into my shoulder with the small, I do much prefer the flattened strap on my large. All the newer styles have the new flattened strap.

I don´t own a Paraty or an Heli...But, Tag, do you think the Paraty style is going to become a classic...like the Paddy???
Sorry, I love ALL the Chloe styles, but i prefer the oldies: Paddy, Edith, Silverado, Betty...

Well Scarcici, I am a bit of a latecomer to Chloe. I was never much of a fan of the Paddy or the others you mentioned. I did have an Edith for a while and liked the way it looked, but didn't find it very user-friendly so sold it in the end. My personal classic Chloes are the Bay (Quilted), the Heli and now the Paraty, which I really do feel has staying power, but only time will tell I guess !

Tag, I would like to try an Heli...but I´m afraid because the problem with the handles...
Anyway, I thought the Paddy wasn´t for me..but when I got a baby one changed my mind...now I love it :P!

Hi Ladies,
Have you guys tried on the shopper other than the satchel. I posted some pictures with the black paraty shopper I bought. I also think it looks a bit odd when completely stuffed. But when not stuffed, do you love it, or hate it?!

lepetitangel (see my topic: NEED HELP on black paraty shopper).

They have some of the small Paraty bags (with the flat part in the middle of the strap) at the Chloe outlet in NY!

I agree about the fact that calfskin paratys scratch easily, I have a chocolate one....I have a front pocket Paraty on the way from Sacoche and the leather is lambskin (I believe) so we'll see how the leather compares, but I hope its more forgiving....

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,
Have you guys tried on the shopper other than the satchel. I posted some pictures with the black paraty shopper I bought. I also think it looks a bit odd when completely stuffed. But when not stuffed, do you love it, or hate it?!

lepetitangel (see my topic: NEED HELP on black paraty shopper).

I didn't like the shape of the paraty shopper...its too boxy!

They have some of the small Paraty bags (with the flat part in the middle of the strap) at the Chloe outlet in NY!

I agree about the fact that calfskin paratys scratch easily, I have a chocolate one....I have a front pocket Paraty on the way from Sacoche and the leather is lambskin (I believe) so we'll see how the leather compares, but I hope its more forgiving....

Where is the Outlet?

Thanks

What color??^^:graucho: