Paraty Leather Variations??

Hi! I received this Chloe Paraty Shopper yesterday from eBay. (I'm am having it authenticated in the ATC thread.)

I have this same bag in black. I loved it so much that I bought the same bag in this more vibrant purple.

I have been looking for this bag for a while, so when I found it on eBay I was so excited! When I received it though, the leather seems dryer than my black one.

Has anyone found that the leather of the color Paraty bags feel dryer.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks so much!!!

Attachments

• P1011291.JPG
    P1011291.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 356
  • P1011292.JPG
    P1011292.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 337
  • P1011294.JPG
    P1011294.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 348
  • P1011304.JPG
    P1011304.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 346
Yes they do.
And even the leather is different from season to season.
When I was buying my black Paraty I had to choose b/n several bags all the same color/same season/same style but the leather was really different in each handbag
Love your name - so true

I agree. I had to return my purple Paraty to Nordstroms, I went through 2 and they both showed cracks on the piping which looked white after just a few uses. I thought it might be the dry climate I live in, but my Rock Paraty is perfectly fine.

Juda - Thanks for your feedback! Since I think my black shopper is the same season as the purple, I expected the leathers would be about the same. Lescoy was also nice enough to point out that the dye drying process may have something to do with it as well.

alisonanna - Thank you for your thoughts as well! I am worried about the cracking of the leather, and more specifically, if the dye will start flaking like you experienced. I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed! Is your current purple satchel holding up?
BTW - I must confess that it was your reveal of your purple satchel that made me fall for this color! I love the contrast red tipping!

This may be now changing into more of a 'Care & Maintenance' question, but does anyone have any experience with treating the Chloe leather to preserve the leather from any additional drying or damage? Maybe a LMB product?

This may be now changing into more of a 'Care & Maintenance' question, but does anyone have any experience with treating the Chloe leather to preserve the leather from any additional drying or damage? Maybe a LMB product?

Yes - but I would advise you to only use one coat (not 2 as per LMB instructions) it works much better on Chloe leather.
Attaching before/after photos of Paraty (used LMB pro-treatment)

Attachments

• Before pro- treatment.jpg
    Before pro- treatment.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 380
  • After pro-treatment.jpg
    After pro-treatment.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 389
Hi! I received this Chloe Paraty Shopper yesterday from eBay. (I'm am having it authenticated in the ATC thread.)

I have this same bag in black. I loved it so much that I bought the same bag in this more vibrant purple.

I have been looking for this bag for a while, so when I found it on eBay I was so excited! When I received it though, the leather seems dryer than my black one.

Has anyone found that the leather of the color Paraty bags feel dryer.

Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks so much!!!

thats such a beautiful vibrant colour!!!!!

New chloe bags dont need to be treated except maybe waterproof if you want. All mine are only waterproofed.

You dont need to treat them as its essentially a conditioning treatment you'd be putting on. Which is unneccessary on a new leather bag. You can if you want to, but if you want them to soften up, then Chloes will soften with use over time. Again - love the colour, amazing.

Just to clarify I only treated this Paraty (not other Partays or Chloe handbags) since the leather on this one was dry and scratch prone.
I am very happy with the result.

Rowe55 - Thanks! I have never conditioned any of my Chloes in the past, so I agree with you that Chloes do not typically require treatment.
I am just concerned about the feel of this leather and I want to prevent any cracking from occurring, particulary given that any cracking will be easily visible due to the color.

Juda - Thanks for the before and after pics! I do have some LMB pro-treatment. I'm always so leary about putting anything on my bags. It will probably take me a couple of days to get up the courage to treat it, especially since this is the first Chloe I have ever treated, but I know it needs to be done.

Hi again!
I just wanted to let you ladies know that I very diligently treated my purple paraty shopper with LMB pro-treatment and shine restore!
The leather feels so much healthier now!!!

I used the bag twice last week already.
The shine restore has made the leather look a bit more like the leather on the black paraty shopper I have.

Thanks again for everyone's comments and feedback!

Eek! Thanks for the heads up Juda! I will definitely keep my eyes peeled to be sure I don't have whitening like some of the other ladies did with the Shine Restore.

I didn't realize that Shine Restore wasn't really for Chloe bags.
I will contact LMB though and see if there are any I should do before I see any similar wear or damaging....just to be safe!

Thanks again, ladies!

I wanted to share an issue with my Paraty. I've been in touch with Barbara at LMB, but after over a month of emails, I don't feel anymore educated as how to best find a fix. My message from Barbara:

The photos do show color rub off - I don't think our product can bring upcolor since the crust leather looks to be white - meaning it is not dyed through. Some of the light scratches can be minimized. The dyer areas will be improved as well - so overall there would be an improvement - if at some point you want to send us the bag we can restore all those areas for you.
The Leather Beauty Care Kit - has everything you would need. It even has the protection that will go a long way to keep the leather is great shape while protecting from water and oil stains.

Has anyone noticed this kind of rub-off, and how did you treat it? Being that I'm in Europe, I think sending it to the US for reconditioning would be risky and expensive. I'm thinking of contacting Chloe directly to see if this is something they can handle. Any thoughts???
Also a pic of a scuff that I'm hoping a moisturizer can fix.

IMG_5493.jpg

IMG_5496.jpg

insane- MJ you are an angel!!!
mx3.gif

Only yesterday I remembered my green Paraty and had an awful seller remorse
I was torturing:smash: and blaming myself :lecture:ever since for selling it before even using it once - I only conditioned it
But seeing your pic.reminded me why I sold it, I was too scared to use it.
Thank you for sparing few days of self- torture and guilt
lv18.gif

I am very sorry that this happened to you- but I am not surprised.

I tried LMB products on a scuff on my Heloise it didn't remove it :nogood:
When treating my Chloe (the green Paraty and the scuff on the Heloise) little dye came off and on the white clothe that i was using.
So IMHO- and I am not an expert -it might not help with the rub off on the Corner but it might darken it.
Chloe uses natural dyes so it is better to take the Paraty to your Chloe the boutique, they will most probably send it to Paris to be fixed.
And if it was bought recently, it would be free of charge