Paraty- becoming dated or still in style?

Haha. It's still in fashion if you want to know. I see them everywhere. They are being sold everywhere (Neiman, Saks,...etc.)

It just takes one pretty girl to carry it for you to change your mind about paraty being dated. Paraty has been out SO many years, it's a classic now. Just like the moto bag for Balenciaga.

Dunno what´s in or out, but I do know I like my medium Speculoos Paraty more with each passing day, each new scratch, and each new little wrinkle, and I keep getting more compliments on her, even from strangers, than any other bag I have. I could care less if she´s an "it" no more - she´s my Kemosabe and I´m saving hard to get another medium one in Rock or else a warm red (if this colour is in the A/W collection - haven´t seen it yet!) in the January sales next year :P

I have this question in my mind too! I'm currently considering either a medium paraty or a medium PS1. What do you girls think? Majority told me go with PS1 as it's lighter.

which bag is more your style? the paraty adds polish & can be a bit dressier, although mine looks good with casual jeans, etc., & the PS1 has a more casual laid back look.

No way is she dated - a classic piece for sure. IMO the colour has to be right though, to compliment the lucky owner.

I used to have a rich dark red....fab colour but she didn't make my heart sing..l.now I've super orange.....possibly not to everyone's taste but I love her and I'm whistling a very happy tune! :whistle::yahoo:

No way is she dated - a classic piece for sure. IMO the colour has to be right though, to compliment the lucky owner.

I used to have a rich dark red....fab colour but she didn't make my heart sing..l.now I've super orange.....possibly not to everyone's taste but I love her and I'm whistling a very happy tune! :whistle::yahoo:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405808515.835362.jpg. Old.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405808613.069992.jpgnew

I believe there's a colour out there for everyone. :smile:

My friend is looking for a dark green paraty if anyone sees one at a good price pls.

Thanks for all of the replies! A black Paraty is on its way from Nordstrom! I am still eyeing the Givenchy Nightingale but think that the Chloe is a little more versatile going from day to night. I also like that's it's structured with some slouch if that makes sense. If it had silver hardware it would be perfect!

Any Chloe fans have an opinion on the Nightingale?

Thanks for all of the replies! A black Paraty is on its way from Nordstrom! I am still eyeing the Givenchy Nightingale but think that the Chloe is a little more versatile going from day to night. I also like that's it's structured with some slouch if that makes sense. If it had silver hardware it would be perfect!

I'm both Chloe and Givenchy Nightingale fan. I have 2 Paraties and 5 Nightingales (4 small and 1 medium). Paraty is heavier but easier to handle (easy to wear on a shoulder strap, longer handles are more comfortable to wear over Winter coat, ease of opening and getting thing out). when I travel I bring Nightingale(s), it can fold flat in luggage. Paraty is structured but it makes it special. Paraty has more edge IMO.
Small gale holds as much as med Paraty. they are so different I can't tell which I love more.

Yay for Paraty on the way from Nordstrom! Let us know how you liked it.

which bag is more your style? the paraty adds polish & can be a bit dressier, although mine looks good with casual jeans, etc., & the PS1 has a more casual laid back look.

For Chloe paraty I will either get rock or black color.....is the bag heavy and not friendly to use? I heard the narrow opening could be an issue for someone.

Both have pros and cons.

Chloe is easier to carry because of the shoulder strap, but the shoulder strap can hang awkwardly when it is hand held.

Sizewise Medium Chloe is comparable to Small Nightingale. Small Gale is pretty lightweight, but it is difficult to carry on the shoulder because the handles are getting in the way.

Do you like Military Paraty? That will solve the shoulder strap problem so Paraty wins! :P

Thanks for all of the feedback, ladies. I was torn between rock and black. The rock had a MUCH shorter strap than the black. The black hits right on my hip when wearing the shoulder strap. I have a lot of brown/tan bags so I think the black paraty is a winner!

The leather is sooooo soft and smells soooo good! It's going to be a perfect bag to transition into fall and winter.

The Nightingale is still on my radar and may be my next purchase!

Thanks for all of the feedback, ladies. I was torn between rock and black. The rock had a MUCH shorter strap than the black. The black hits right on my hip when wearing the shoulder strap. I have a lot of brown/tan bags so I think the black paraty is a winner!

The leather is sooooo soft and smells soooo good! It's going to be a perfect bag to transition into fall and winter.

The Nightingale is still on my radar and may be my next purchase!

Why is it the Rock strap shorter?

For Chloe paraty I will either get rock or black color.....is the bag heavy and not friendly to use? I heard the narrow opening could be an issue for someone.

I don't find the paraty opening too narrow at all. Mine is very user friendly & some say theirs is a bit heavy when filled but I don't notice, maybe I don't fill my bag with too much - just sunglasses, wallet, phone & small items like lipstick, mirror & comb. I guess if you are one to carry more than that, like an ipad, extra makeup case, etc., that is where it will start to get heavy.

The leather is very thick & durable & there is a lot of hardware so that makes it heavier than most bags.