Paraty and Marcie Colors

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So many have taken the time to photograph and post their bags and I pour over those photos. A big thank you for doing that! So I have been deliberating on bags and am now in the choosing process. They are still stuffed and tagged but before any are returned, let me post these photos.

I can tell you which companies made the purchase feel the most special - NET-A-PORTER, who I am officially a huge fan of now with their gorgeous box and ribbon (but no stuffing). Which company shipped the most practically - BLUEFLY, who shipped the bag fully stuffed and encased in a large zip lock. Which company shipped relatively fast but one time with stuffing and one time without - SAKS. I was so disturbed seeing those unstuffed bags I put some stuffing I had in them. I hate to see a beautiful bag folding into itself because the leather is so smooshy. That's how creases happen. So without further adieu, the Chloe Parade:

Attached Files:

2. #2 Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    Here we have the Marcie ladies. They are Moka Large and Whiskey Large. I can make an argument for both. Moka is more neutral, you can wear it with pinks and other similar color tones. But Moka with black or navy will have no contrast. Whiskey is POW. Super contrast and a head turner. It would clash with pink or red tones but with black, navy or other dark colors, as Rachie demonstrated, it has real pop.

Attached Files:

3. Sorry the focus on the Moka was off but here is more detailing on the colors of the Moka versus the Whiskey. Some of the photos of the Moka can make it seem almost black. It's not but can look that way in dim lighting. Here is some detail:

Attached Files:

4. Now let's look at the Paraty girls. What charmers they are! Flirty and functional, the handle seems to stay up when you set it down, you can put it on your shoulder, it has little metal clasp locks on each side to expand it, not that I would but I love the idea. Here we have the Black Paraty, the Nut Paraty and the Nutmeg Paraty. The Nut and Nutmeg are actually very practical together from the standpoint of the Nut being good with cool colors and Nutmeg with warm colors. The Black, I'm already using, since there was no deliberation needed :smile:

Attached Files:

5. So what is the difference between Marcie's Whiskey and Paraty's Nutmeg? Well, Nutmeg is more brown in tone and Whiskey is more red.

Attached Files:

6. And how much difference is there between Nutmeg and Nut in the Paraty? Here's a comparison:

Attached Files:

7. Here is a comparison of the cool toned Moka Marcie and the cool toned Paraty in Nut:

Attached Files:

8. And finally, here are some miscellaneous groupings for comparison:

Attached Files:

9. I wish I could still edit the first post, but let me say that for the retailers, that was my own experience so remember your mileage may vary. And to a previous poster who said choosing colors is stressful, it absolutely, positively is. Good luck choosing because I still am!

10. The NutmegParaty is my favourite followed by the whisky Marcie.
    I personally could find a use for each and every one!
    The Nut is also nicer than I thought it would be so my order would be
    Nutmeg Paraty
    Whisky Marcie (love the leather on this bag)
    Nut Paraty
    Black Paraty
    Moca Marcie

What fantastic taste you have , they are all lovely
    Are you going to keep any?
    Thanks for the pictures it's a really good reference

11. Thanks for the great pics and explanations :smile:

12. Rachie, I'm definitely keeping some! Obviously keeping the black and I think the Nut Paraty because really, that is a perfect neutral. And I love the Nutmeg Paraty because it's just plain adorable. That leaves a dilemma because I want a Marcie and it would be between the Whiskey and the Moka. The Moka is a good neutral but may be too neutral and having the Nut means I don't need to keep the Moka. The Whiskey Marcie is really gorgeous so I keep thinking if I keep one it will be that one, plus I got a deal on it. So my order:

Black - Heh, I'm using it :smile:
    Nut Paraty
    Nutmeg Paraty
    Whiskey Marcie
    Moka Marcie

Really the Nutmeg Paraty and the Whiskey Marcie are tied.

Let me say that if the Marcie came in Nutmeg, I would be done and my stress would be over. I would get a the Black Paraty, Nut Paraty and Nutmeg Marcie because the Nutmeg is slightly more muted and I would have variety. But the Whiskey Marcie is gorgeous as you well know and when you are wearing it, it looks great on. If I'm being purely practical, it would be Black Paraty, Nut Paraty and Whiskey Marcie. Yep, that's probably the most logical combination. I've even considered boxing the other two up and telling my husband to give them to me for Christmas and I will not shop again for another two years. This is what happens when you don't buy a bag since 2008. You're afraid to buy anything and then you aren't sure which to choose!

13. hehe, what a dilemma!
    I hear the black is actually stunning irl, I have yet to track one down.
    So that is your practical bag!
    The other bag could then be a more popping colour...nutmeg or whiskey??
    If you could get away with keeping them all, I'm sure each and every one would be used.
    I'm new to the newer Chloes...I had a couple of Paddys a few years ago but way too heavy for me.
    Since falling out of love with the new Mulberry leathers, I have now bought 2 Chloes in 3 days and would go for the Nutmeg Paraty too when funds are replenished!
    Let us know what you decide

14. I understand; I longed for the Oak Roxanne for the longest time and I may still get it one day! I never got the Paddington because once I put my heavy wallet in it, it was a workout! Your pics of the Whiskey Marcie are solely responsible for the fifth contender!

15. I love your pictures, very nice with comparisons between colors, my favourite is the nut paraty, really like this shade, a great cool tone neutral.
    Which one are you liking the most?