Parachute bag: yes or no?

The SA said that this is a new size -- here is the only picture I can find online:
View attachment 3396038
Same strap length, but smaller purse

Good to know that the strap softens a lot! Do the straps stay put on your shoulder?
The small one is stunning! I would get one. I tried a veneta with the older shoulder strap, not as puffy, but it really wasn't for me. It was the medium and it felt awkward. I'm almost 5'6.
I feel like it's practically blasphemous to say on the forum that it didn't work, bit maybe a larger veneta would have suited me better.
I say try the small parachute and see.
Let us know:smile:)

I had to sell my Parachute despite loving the shape and Colour because the rolled straps were literally a pain! It hurt so much every time I carried the bag, even though I wasn't loading it with a lot of stuff. I have other straps with rolled handles but the parachute's were thinner and cut into my shoulder. I sold the bag and a few weeks later I noticed that the person I had sold it to also relisted the bag... :hrmm:

Thank you All!
Am planning to go to BV tomorrow, as part of a 'shopping day off' and will make decision by then....
At the moment, inclined towards trying the small parachute. I found myself reaching to my blue campana quite often -- I think the small parachute size is similar but the color will be complementary as Barolo will go well with other colors that do not work as well with Atlantic, eg. khaki, dark green, etc
But let's see what happen tomorrow, I shall try once more and see if it hits the right spot in my heart...

OP - did you go back to see the small Parachute? I would love a comparison between the Campana and the Parachute (either size) as I am undecided between those two... :angel:

Quick update: I ended up not buying parachute but spending the money for a holiday trip to Hongkong with my husband and son, that includes staying at Disneyland hotel!

I went to try for second time and was still indecisive --- I like the cuteness of the style, and the size generally works for work days (like my medium Campana), but not exactly for mommy days (Bella gives me the flexible space). So I decided to spend my money elsewhere this month, and wait for more styles to compare in Barolo!

Quick update: I ended up not buying parachute but spending the money for a holiday trip to Hongkong with my husband and son, that includes staying at Disneyland hotel!

I went to try for second time and was still indecisive --- I like the cuteness of the style, and the size generally works for work days (like my medium Campana), but not exactly for mommy days (Bella gives me the flexible space). So I decided to spend my money elsewhere this month, and wait for more styles to compare in Barolo!

I think that's a great decision! Have a great time.

Happy holidays!

I think that's a great decision! Have a great time.

Thank you all! We did have an awesome time!!! Highly recommend to stay at Disney hotel for those who have not tried!

Quick update: I confessed that I cheated on BV because my hubby treated me with this MK at the outlet mall when we were buying stuff for family and friends at home ... Still can't believe that I got an MK purse, but I really love the simplicity of the shape, the functionality (it's a bucket bag with magnetic closure), and the beautiful grey/beige neutral color (the price did help --- believe it or not it was about USD150)....
IMG_1469493890.635022.jpg

I was at VF on Friday and took a couple of photos of the new smaller parachute next to the regular one. The handles are a bit shorter on the smaller bag, but not by much. I love my parachutes but did like the fact that the (new) smaller one wasn't as deep as the regular one so it stuck out less. Like Von, I use the parachute primarily as a tote. I do carry it on my shoulder occasionally, but not often.
Screen Shot 2016-07-31 at 6.42.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-07-31 at 6.41.51 PM.png

Reactions: CoastalCouture
I was at VF on Friday and took a couple of photos of the new smaller parachute next to the regular one. The handles are a bit shorter on the smaller bag, but not by much. I love my parachutes but did like the fact that the (new) smaller one wasn't as deep as the regular one so it stuck out less. Like Von, I use the parachute primarily as a tote. I do carry it on my shoulder occasionally, but not often.
View attachment 3427145View attachment 3427146

I have to confess that I still think about the small parachute! Indeed the smaller one does not stuck out too much, and thus, was just nice as shoulder bag. Also the right size for handheld for office purpose --- not too big and not too small.

I checked out the dates and realized that I have been pondering about this for more than a month!