Parachute bag, love it or hate it?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello fellow TPFers,

I have been dwelling on another BV purchase (currently have venetas in the brown family) and am considering the parachute. On visiting the boutique, the lovely SAs (aren't they all a gem to shop with :smile:) provided me with several alternatives, but it was parachute.

Thing is, I love hobo shapes in general as they suit my petite 5'2" frame. But i need to stop buying hobos and add more shapes to the bag stash :smile:

What I love about the parachute -
    1) easy access
    2) large roomy interior
    3) great to go work horse

My concerns on it are:"
    1) will it slouch over time, as the bottom is pretty structured.
    2) does it overwhelm a small frame, being someone who's used to hobos.

pictures are certainly most welcome on this thread! thanks.

2. My mom's a 5-foot 'apple' (she'll pinch me for saying that) - she's been carrying her noce Parachute non-stop for the last six months. It was her first BV after a lifetime of LV and she now understands my BV love.

Her Parachute slouched beautifully verrrrry quickly, and it looks great - whether she's got a few things inside or she's carrying her doctorate schoolbooks. I personally don't think it overwhelms her, but let me see if I can scrounge up a photo to illustrate.
    Hope this is helpful though!

3. Thanks Happytrottinelf .. Nocce is a beautiful color! It was a sell out if I remember and now Chene has replaced it. Though imo Chene wasn't quite close to the color nocce was.
    Pictures would be lovely. Thing is I am not used to a larger than Veneta sized bag so am needing some convincing to pull the trigger.

4. #4 Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
    My parachute slouches nicely overtime. I'm 5"2' and it doesn't overwhelm my petite frame at all... I'll try to dig up a picture and post it here.

5. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. sorry about the double image post... i'm a bit technology challenged :P

7. I have to say I am not a fan of the parachute bag
    although it does slouch nicely like all BV bags
    I would rather have something else
    I am not big into the magnetic closure
    For some reason the wide bottom is unappealing to me
    this is just MO
    if I were going to get a big bag I would rather have a roma or belly veneta
    I think the hardware on the roma is much nicer
    and the belly veneta in large is a work horse for me

8. @Cindy, Indeed it doesn't overwhelm your frame! Thanks for the Lovely pic.
    @septembersiren, I did consider the Roma , but it is still best looking hand held. May head back to look at the belly; it didn't cross my mind to try it. Does the large look oversized?
    To be honest , I am dwelling between this and the LV Sofia Coppola bag. Granted, I am able to get a hold of it as it is next to impossible to find.

9. I love the parachute as well! It's my next favorite BV bag next to Sloane for the look but definitely more practical and easily accessible. Included is a picture from one of the other threads, AND this is also the very picture that 'sold' me on the parachute too!

Attached Files:

10. I love the Parachute style; I have a reddish one (don't remember the color) similar to the one above. ^^. I love that it can be carried as a satchel or slunged on the shoulder. I also have Romas and Campanas which I also love but somehow the Parachute (for me) is easier to wear. I am looking to buy a second Parachute very soon; probably violet or maroon.

11. #11 Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
    I have been eying the parachute for a while now and bought one in blood from Bergdorf. It went back for the following reasons:

Weight. It is still lighter than most bags but I noticed the difference as compared to the large Veneta.
    Rolled Strap: I had a bad experience with the strap on the YSL Roady. The YSL rolled strap really bothered my shoulder--dug in. I didn't want to take the chance with the strap even though it is BV.
    Seaming on bag interior edge: It bothered me. There was this teeny space in the seam between the lining and exterior.
    Color: For some reason I didn't love it in Blood. I saw it in Shadow and it is stunning. I think in Indigo it would be equally pretty.

Size wise, it's nicely proportioned for both larger and smaller frames. I think it can be dressed up down too.

It's still on my list but I am also realizing if I kow what works for me and what I feel fabulous using, I should stick to that. So Rete tote it is. It is a lot more expensive but I really like this style.

12. Thanks everyone , you've been ( as always) ever so helpful with your feedback and personal experiences :smile:

13. I LOVE the Parachute bag but am glad I read the previous posts on how it feels on the shoulder...I too have issues with weight of bags and how they feel own the shoulder.

I love the magnetic closure though, makes it easy to get in to and I just love the way it looks on. I think I will still pursue this bag maybe in a bright color.

If you're concerned about the slouch use a purse organizer. I use them in all my bags, some are stiffer and would eliminate the slouchy look.

Good luck on your decision...post pics :smile: