Papyrus City RH, keep it or not? I'm so torn, please help!

I just bought a Papyrus City RH, and it's my first Bbag.

I kinda have wanted a Bbag for a long time but everytime when I try one on, I'm not sure if I like it enough to spend. I don't know if it's the overall style -- sometimes I feel it's not for me but sometimes I really like the look, or the color -- but I've tried on black too, and it's a basic color, for some reason I'm just not fond of it, or the look of the leather -- can't say I'm in love with the distressed look, I generally prefer thick and smooshy leather.

And I'm not a fan of the regular hardware and the tassels. I've always had it in my head that if I ever get a Bbag, it would be one with giant hardware.

When I saw Papyrus in person, I fell in love with the color right away. But the local store only has RH and I feel uncomfortable buying one sight unseen as Balenciaga leather varies from bag to bag and especially hearing Papyrus tends to be dry. So GH is not an option. But I really like Papyrus and I know if I let it pass by, I'll never have exactly the same one again. So I bought the Papyrus City RH -- they have a few and I carefully examined and picked one that's the least dry, definitely feels smooshier and thicker than the others.

I've been looking at my new purchase, the RH and tassels started to grow on me (or becuase I'm trying to justify? :P), it is a lovely looking purse!

However at the same time, I can't help thinking that it would be more perfect if it's RGGH or GGH. But I also know it's not an option, and I like the color so I have to sacrifice the hardware. But thinking about this kinda bothers me, why should I spend this kind of money if I'm not 100% sure and I'm "sacrificing"? Something doesn't look right in this picture....

But but but, I'm also thinking that, even though I'm an LV girl, I feel that I'm not gonna have only one Bbag, so I can keep the Papyrus RH and get different color(s) in GH in the future, if I like the color (which has been rare for me). As you can see, I'm so torn, whenever I try to make a decision, I always turn around and think about it from the other angle :-s

What would you do if you were me? Keep it? Return it because it's not 100% perfect in my heart and wait for the next right color with GH?

And for those of you who prefer RH over GH, tell me why, share your thoughts and feelings, I really need some support here :lol:

Why sacfice what the GH that you want? Especially since you don't like the look of RH with the tassels and all. You'll be spending money on something you said yourself you don't like. Can you order online, like from Bal.com? If the leather isn't what you want you have 30 days to exchange or refund. The GH is not going to be made anymore after this season (f/w 2011) so keep that in mind too.

My main advice is don't settle. If you have to talk yourself into it, you don't love it.

don't settle. I have always felt the same way as you about bal - it takes some practice and finding your 'perfect bag' before you fall in love.

I prefer RH but I can see why people love the giant.. it just feels .. special. I like papyrus in RGGH - get it online!!

Why sacfice what the GH that you want? Especially since you don't like the look of RH with the tassels and all. You'll be spending money on something you said yourself you don't like. Can you order online, like from Bal.com? If the leather isn't what you want you have 30 days to exchange or refund. The GH is not going to be made anymore after this season (f/w 2011) so keep that in mind too.

My main advice is don't settle. If you have to talk yourself into it, you don't love it.

Thank you for your advice! I wouldn't settle if I didn't like it. The problem is, I don't dislike it at all, I actually like it, it's just not as perfect as I would want it to be (with GH). That's why I'm so torn.....

GH is not going to be made??? You mean on all Bbags, seasonal and permanent colors?

don't settle. I have always felt the same way as you about bal - it takes some practice and finding your 'perfect bag' before you fall in love.

I prefer RH but I can see why people love the giant.. it just feels .. special. I like papyrus in RGGH - get it online!!

I live in Canada, getting it online means I'm paying tax twice. And most importantly, I don't think I can allow myself to buy it sight unseen, and really don't wanna deal with returning/exchanging via mail.....

Thank you for your advice! I wouldn't settle if I didn't like it. The problem is, I don't dislike it at all, I actually like it, it's just not as perfect as I would want it to be (with GH). That's why I'm so torn.....

GH is not going to be made??? You mean on all Bbags, seasonal and permanent colors?

It's discontinued in all lines according to what we know so far. So if you want to get one in the future, you might have to buy it second-handed, ie. used and sight unseen. :P I'm in Canada too and I've seen RGGH Papyrus in HR Toronto but that was ages ago. Maybe just hold on to your RH Papyrus for now (since you like it?) because there's no guarantee if you will ever come across a RGGH one in store again if you will only consider store purchases.

it's not like you won't be able to find it ever but this combo will be tough, if you love it, get it! try to deal with an SA that will help you get a good one.

Oh no, don't settle for anything less just because.... If you really want the GH, you should get it. For me, I really prefer the RGGH Papyrus combo, it's sooooo Gorgeous! You already spent this much money, why not add a little bit more for an RG that will make you happy, then it's more worth it. Be patient, you will find it.

The Rose Gold GH does look the best (IMO ;) ) as far as GH goes with the Papyrus .... I agree with the others who mentioned not to settle. Why not get the RGGH Papyrus? You could order it and if it is not fantastic return it. Then you have what you love.
Good luck!