Papillon NM - what fits?

Angelblake

<3
O.G.
Apr 18, 2006
I've been strangely drawn to the Papillon NM lately, but have never seen it in person. I'd reckon the size is comparable to a Speedy 30? I'd love if anyone had any interior shots of it or an idea of how much fits inside!

Reactions: uhpharm01
Person out in the wild here.....:smile: Not specifically a 30,but my 26 holds an amazing amount of essentials, but this is what I carry with me all the time with plenty of room to spare for other things: medium-sized makeup bag, french wallet, 6 ring leather key case, sunnies in an unstructured case, Samsung S7 Edge in a wallet case, an extra shoulder strap to attach when I feel the need to do it, and a purse hook. With those things, as I mentioned before, there is room enough so the bag is not bulging out and if I want to place a small bag purchase item in it, it holds it, too. And that is just the 26! Hope this helps a bit!

The Papillon is not comparable to the Speedy 30 at all. Totally different shape and dimensions. Dimensions on the P - 12.2x5.7x5.7 (round) - Speedy 30 11.8x8.2x6.6 - Speedy 25 9.8x7.4x5.9 (on website). The Papillon is completely round and not a practical bag at all - things will just be all over the place inside. Where as the 30 or 25 shape is more dome shaped so the bottom of the bag is kind of flat not rounded - allowing you to use an organizer to keep things inside nice. You really need to see this bag in person. It is cute and all but that is about it. I figure one would tire of it quite quickly.

Reactions: uhpharm01
Whilst I agree the Papillon isn't comparable to the speedy, I don't agree that it isn't practical. I have 5 different Papillons, both 30 and 25s and I love them all and use them often. I've not yet, nor have any plans to tire of any of mine.
I am so with you on this. Literally, everything stays in place. It's not like you are carrying around a mini merry go round. Maybe if you swing it around your head a few times, things might get shifted.....but I have more issues with my Delightful MM than my Pap....:cool:

I am so with you on this. Literally, everything stays in place. It's not like you are carrying around a mini merry go round. Maybe if you swing it around your head a few times, things might get shifted.....but I have more issues with my Delightful MM than my Pap....:cool:
Makes sense! I also had issues with my Delightful, sold it despite of its beauty...

I have this bag and it holds a lot. I find it practical as it can be worn on the shoulder or the arm. While small items can roll around bc of the shape, I have found using a cosmetic bag or my Eva clutch inside (to put the little things in) does help.

It holds a large wallet, a hard eyeglass case in addition to the cosmetic case or my Eva. Any phone would fit with the above as well.

I guess it depends on what you carry. I think holds a decent amount but not a tablet or anything like that. It is a purse not a tote. I don't have a speedy to compare..

it has one inside pocket (no zip) and that's on the small side.

hope this helps.

I know this thread is old but has anybody tried attaching a crossbody strap to their pap? I've had once since 2005. I haven't carried it in years and decided to dust it out today and instantly remembered why I stopped carrying it. The should straps are too short for me to actually carry it over my shoulder. So I was thinking about putting strap hardware similar to the speedy nano or pochette metis on it and then using the adjustable 16 mm shoulder strap in mono.