Papillon: any other owners?

Miss_Dawn

Mar 11, 2017
My one and only LV bag is a Papillon.

I just love its shape, and the shoulder straps, and I get compliments when I carry it. She was an anniversary present from my husband.

I had seen the butterfly many years ago and told him how much I liked the shape. And then I forgot about it. About 2 years later, I asked for a Chanel wallet for our anniversary. He said "I have a better idea". He took me to a LV boutique and said "you said you loved the look of this bag, do you want it?" And I did!

So that's how I got my first LV. Every time I see it, I remember that my husband knew what I wanted better than I did... (he doesn't always get it right!)

Anyways, long story aside, I was wondering if anyone else has my lovely Papillon? I can't be its only admirer in such a big community? :drinks:

Attachments

• IMG_7550.JPG
    IMG_7550.JPG
    225.4 KB · Views: 892
I got my Damier 26 in Venice funny enough (seeing the mask) I also have the SIlver Miroir pap, Pink Cherry Blossom Pap and joint favourite with the Silver - I also have a black Multicolour pap.

I've loved the Papillon for years and still love them. Haven't they just brought one back in Mono???

Reactions: Miss_Dawn
:loveeyes:
I got my Damier 26 in Venice funny enough (seeing the mask) I also have the SIlver Miroir pap, Pink Cherry Blossom Pap and joint favourite with the Silver - I also have a black Multicolour pap.

I've loved the Papillon for years and still love them. Haven't they just brought one back in Mono???
Oh wow. I'd love to see the silver and the cherry blossom:yahoo:

Yes there's one in Mono on the website. Pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7553.jpg
    IMG_7553.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 850
Reactions: Kathleen37
I have the old model papillon and still use it. I love butterflies so it was a given that i would get this bag lol. In fact, my username actually means "butterfly".
I think it is one of LV's more underrated bags. It had its heydey a few years back, and then a lot of other bags started getting more love and attention. But i have always been of the thought that LV is not an IT bag of the moment, it's a bag that transcends trends, and I use my papillon often!

I love the papillon especially with the little pochette. I think it's still a beautiful and simple bag. I got the mono papillon 30 back in 2003. I used it like crazy for years and it held up really well to my surprise. A couple of years ago, I decided to spice it up with a bag charm which had me using it again :smile: I'll always love this bag!

Realize this thread is over 6 months old but I love my 2005 mono Papillon 30. It was my parents' gift to me for HS graduation and my first LV. I use it a lot and love the mini papillon it has with it too! That feature is what sold me - 2 bags in one. It is also one of the LV quintessential city bags but less preferred by the masses so it feels unique and special.

I have the old model as well and still use it. I love butterflies so it was a given that i would get this bag lol. In fact, my username actually means "butterfly".
I think it is one of LV's more underrated bags. It had its heydey a few years back, and then a lot of other bags started getting more love and attention. But i have always been of the thought that LV is not an IT bag of the moment, it's a bag that transcends trends, and I use my papillon often!
I have the old model as well in Mono (with the attached mini coin purse) and I used to use it all the time. It was my first LV. Unfortunately, I haven't used it in quite a while. I think it's time to give it some love...

After having worn this bag for about 10 days in a row, I am just about to give it a rest. Mine is a mono 26 that I adore and it holds more than you would actually think. If I didn't have this one, I would purchase one with the longer handles, but being the crafty person that I am, I attached a longer strap when I feel I need it. I posted pictures in the "Hacks" thread.