Papertiger's Historical 'Reveal' :)

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Hi everyone, it's been a while comming so I won't 'beat around the bush' but I will tell you a little tale.

Once upon a time I ooked for a little blue scarf (or a little bit of blue in a bigger scarf). I looked and I looked but I couldn't see the one, I was dithering because those I saw were not quite right. I was in a hurry beause I knew any minute the cold north wind would blow the Summer stock away and the Autumn/Winter in.

I tried the blue Quintessence and it was too blue

I tried a vintage Sur les Rives du Léman and it wasn't blue enough

and then I saw a picture of this little scarf tied beautifully by a fellow TPFer and it got me thinking...

When I took the long path to the big H shop and saw the blue scarf IRL I knew; here was the one I had been looking for: It looked perfect.

Attachments

• blueridinghood.jpg
    blueridinghood.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 941
  • Love
Reactions: TankerToad
^ Let's call it 'inspired' by LOL

attachment.php

Then something caught my eye, another little scarf started to 'sing to me'

It was strange because this wasn't a blue scarf at all. In fact it couldn't be further from the blue. It was little orange riding-hood.

In a strange way these opposites attracted each other, 'how lovely' I thought 'I will have have sisters for my 'little girl' at home' (who only had her wolf to play with)

Attachments

• orangeridinghood.jpg
    orangeridinghood.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 908
  • tripetsscarves.jpg
    tripetsscarves.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,734
papertiger - they are all absolutely stunning! Many congrats, not just on finding your perfect blue but on the other two colors as well.

And now that I look more closely and see the pink and orange scarves, I spot riding-hood, not goldilocks!

Ha, ha but my little tale is not over yet :graucho:.

I haven't told you about the little white clutch that was transformed my the Hermes angel.

I haven't told you about the the little clutch's trip to golden Guildhall

or even the part where the little blue scarf finds the little blue bag :happydance:

Ha, ha but my little tale is not over yet :graucho:.

I haven't told you about the little white clutch that was transformed my the Hermes angel.

I haven't told you about the the little clutche's trip to golden Guildhall

or even the part where the little blue scarf finds the little blue bag :happydance:

OOO! I am so excited! Can't wait to see (and love the way you are telling us the story)