Papertiger's Historical 'Reveal' :)

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Hi everyone, it's been a while comming so I won't 'beat around the bush' but I will tell you a little tale.

Once upon a time I ooked for a little blue scarf (or a little bit of blue in a bigger scarf). I looked and I looked but I couldn't see the one, I was dithering because those I saw were not quite right. I was in a hurry beause I knew any minute the cold north wind would blow the Summer stock away and the Autumn/Winter in.

I tried the blue Quintessence and it was too blue

I tried a vintage Sur les Rives du Léman and it wasn't blue enough

and then I saw a picture of this little scarf tied beautifully by a fellow TPFer and it got me thinking...

When I took the long path to the big H shop and saw the blue scarf IRL I knew; here was the one I had been looking for: It looked perfect.

Attachments

• blueridinghood.jpg
    blueridinghood.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 909
  • Love
Reactions: TankerToad

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
^ Let's call it 'inspired' by LOL

attachment.php

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Then something caught my eye, another little scarf started to 'sing to me'

It was strange because this wasn't a blue scarf at all. In fact it couldn't be further from the blue. It was little orange riding-hood.

In a strange way these opposites attracted each other, 'how lovely' I thought 'I will have have sisters for my 'little girl' at home' (who only had her wolf to play with)

Attachments

• orangeridinghood.jpg
    orangeridinghood.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 898
  • tripetsscarves.jpg
    tripetsscarves.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 1,724
  • Love
Reactions: TankerToad and DrTr

ariluvya21

Nov 29, 2009
papertiger - they are all absolutely stunning! Many congrats, not just on finding your perfect blue but on the other two colors as well.

And now that I look more closely and see the pink and orange scarves, I spot riding-hood, not goldilocks!

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
Ha, ha but my little tale is not over yet :graucho:.

I haven't told you about the little white clutch that was transformed my the Hermes angel.

I haven't told you about the the little clutch's trip to golden Guildhall

or even the part where the little blue scarf finds the little blue bag :happydance:

ariluvya21

Nov 29, 2009
Ha, ha but my little tale is not over yet :graucho:.

I haven't told you about the little white clutch that was transformed my the Hermes angel.

I haven't told you about the the little clutche's trip to golden Guildhall

or even the part where the little blue scarf finds the little blue bag :happydance:

OOO! I am so excited! Can't wait to see (and love the way you are telling us the story)