Paper Plastic Wallets for HALF PRICE!!!

jennylovexo

♥♥♥BarbieRocks♥♥♥
Nov 5, 2006
At the Beach!!
I was in Henri Bendel in NYC yesterday and they had one rose, two peacock and a bunch of black paper/plastic wallets and they were 50% off!!! They were originally $180 so that would make them $90.

I didn't know the black paper/plastic wallet existed so I was shocked to see it. I must say that the rose wallet was pretty messed up with scratches and the coloring on it was off like the flap didn't match the rest of the wallet. The peacock wallets had scratches on them and all the wallets had their words PAPER/PLASTIC peeling off so I decided to pass on them but it's a great deal if someone is really after one!

I have to add I never realized how HUGE that wallet is!!! :wtf:

jennylovexo

♥♥♥BarbieRocks♥♥♥
Nov 5, 2006
At the Beach!!
the black ones look good on the outside but my BF checked every single one for the lettering and they were all coming off on one part or another. :Push: I'm guessing that the lettering eventually flakes off after use anyway :shrugs:

jo712

Jul 13, 2008
I'm guessing that the lettering eventually flakes off after use anyway :shrugs:
NOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm still waiting on mine but I now I have to handle it with care? boooo...

I thought it would stay on pretty ok since I think it's the same lettering RM uses on those leather-canvas bread wine totes...

classicerica

May 10, 2008
sfc
^I've been using my Paper/Plastic wallet in Peacock for a few weeks now, and the lettering seems fine? I don't know, the only way I could imagine they were rubbing off is if the inside parts rub against each other while being carried around in your bag. Because the only time the inside parts are exposed is when you're taking money out, but nothing should really be rubbing against those parts then.

However, I do notice some slight scuffs on the exterior parts, moreso on the front flap (the envelope closure part), from throwing it in my bag with other things that could scratch it like books, pencil cases, etc. I don't think they're obvious though, because the leather itself doesn't have a smooth and even coloration, it's got variations in color so it kind of blends in.

jo712

Jul 13, 2008
^^that's good to hear. I handle stuff like a guy. not exactly very gentle...LOL

jennylovexo

♥♥♥BarbieRocks♥♥♥
Nov 5, 2006
At the Beach!!
I'm sorry JO!! I didn't mean to worry you about the wallet. I just assumed since we looked at every single one they had there which was approx a total of 14 and they all had issues that that's how they are. Hopefully yours will be perfect.

classicerica - I'm glad to hear your wallet is in perfect condition, that's great news!! :yahoo: What color do you have?

jo712

Jul 13, 2008
no biggie, jenny! I'd assume the same if I saw all those defective wallets.:yes: