paper/plastic wallet question

sinfullysweet

Jun 28, 2006
I got mine today, and will post pictures along with my olive Benjamins wallet.

How long did it take you to get used to it? I knew it was big, but I didnt realize it was that big! Also, I am not loving how deep the CC/plastic slots are - I feel like I cant see my cards in there and that for some reason bothers me.
Did you have to get used to yours? I want to love this cause its so darn cute - I hope it is just because Ive been carrying such a small wallet for the past 2 years!

I've been using mine for about a month and yes, I'm still trying to get used to it. I'm exactly like you where it's so cute & fun, I want it to be my everyday wallet.

What bothers me is the big slit pocket where you can put more cards. I don't like that my cards slide around and sometimes if I open my wallet too fast, cards will almost fall out. I've started putting some of those extra cards (retail frequent buyer type cards) in a separate pouch and that has helped some.

I used MJ zip clutches for the past 3 years so that really is the perfect wallet IMO. It's hard to get used to the P/P wallet but I'm getting there. And I can definitely see myself buying it in a couple more colors.:biggrin:

Soooo...what color did you get? I want to see the Olive Benjamins wallet too because I've been wanting one of those as well!

What bothers me is the big slit pocket where you can put more cards.

I dont care for that either, but i figure i will put store receipts in there!

here is the benjamins:
IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

the color is pretty on in those pictures. i love the 5 slots that has in it for cards and such!

im glad to hear you are adjusting. i do like that i feel like i could carry it as a clutch as sometimes i just carry my wallet into stores if im making quick trips!

I found the CC slots in the P/P to be larger than the Nao wallet I used all winter but it hasn't bothered me yet. I ended up putting (2) CCs in each slot so maybe that's why the CCs don't fall out. The P/P wallet is larger than the ones I've used in the past but it is so much thinner :tup:. I love that!! I also like the fact that they are so many long slots for recipts. I've used my Cranberry P/P nonstop since the online SS.

so pretty! i know i use a wallet now that at first seemed so big and gawky to me but now i couldn't change it! i love running into places using it as a clutch, too. you will get used to it!!! :happydance:

ITA! I got a Sunshine P/P wallet months ago, and never wanted to use it cause I found it too big. I finally decided to give it a try, and I have to say I LOVE IT! It didn't take me long, a few days at most, to get used to it. I love that its really thin.

I also put two cards in each pocket, and don't really use the front "plastic" pocket for anything other than receipts.

Give it a try, I know you'll love it. I'm looking into getting a few more!

i should try throwing 2 cards in in slot.

you girls made me feel so much better about this - i first was like, okay did i really need this - and now i cant wait to figure out how it will work best for me! (that and find another really fun color to own it in!)

I have seen the P/P wallets IRL and just knew it wasn't the right wallet for me... They are soo cute though.. The second I saw a Benjamin wallet I knew "this was the one"... And got a black one... I've been using it for a while now.. IMO it's the perfect wallet...
I love your Olive Benji sinfullysweet!!!

^^I've been doing that since I got mine in feb! initially a lot of people were complaining about the lack of CC slots, and when I would put any type of card in the big slot on the "plastic" side it would all just fall out when I opened my wallet so I just filled the cc slots with 2 cards. usually placing the cards with more usage(ahem...) in the front. it's easy for me to dig out the back ones too though...any extra cards just go to the back zipper pocket!