Papeete Owners: some questions

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hi! it seems to me that Papeete has great color saturation - how does that translate in terms of jeans dye transfer / dirt on corners / etc? I certainly don't sling my bbags onto the ground, etc, but I also don't like to have to worry too much about them...

also, do you all think Papeete is a better color for a small-ish bag, since it's kind of bright? How wearable would the color be on a bigger bag - Work / PT / Courier?

Thanks! :biggrin:

2. I love my Papeete city to death. As I said in another post I almost hit a car while staring at it in my passenger seat :smile: I have carried it twice so far...it is brand new so I have not seen any transfer and I have worn my dark Seven's. IMO City or PT would be the best others may have some input. Spring/Summer is coming sometime not sure when though. BUT She will shine in the sun.

Attached Files:

• Pap.jpg
      Pap.jpg
      File size:
      108.5 KB
      Views:
  3. hi Crazyinlv - I love your city too! :smile: thnx for your input!

4. I bought the Pompon for my niece. Carries it all the time. No colour transfer. The pompon is a big bag and absolutely beautiful in this colour - not bright at all. Just a wonderful pop of colour - especially wearable during spring and summer.

5. I have the Papeete GSH City and I love it!! Have only carried a few times since it's quite new but I have not noticed any transfer either.

I think this color is great on a City or PT, but could probably work on a First too. I'm a City lover so maybe I'm a little blind...lol. Here is a pic of me carrying it for your reference.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. purses&pugs> Gorgeous papeete there!

7. I'm thinking of getting it in Town style.

8. I just got a cp. I'm not brave enough to buy it as a bag. Even though the color is really pretty and looks pretty practical.

9. I love bright colors in small sizes. That's just me though. I would also like to have a color like Papeete in a City, but I know I'd hardly wear it. I've had a Seafoam and Vert Deau City and never wore them - just stared at and adored them.

After so many years of collecting, I have found that personally, brighter colors should be in small sizes (so that I'll actually wear them). The Drum is a small size, and I love it in bright colors! My Citys are in either darker or neutral colors since I like to switch them out nearly every day.

Guess it depends on what you're comfortable with.

10. There were photos of a Papeete Pompon on one of the other threads, maybe the HGBAGS thread. It's a knockout, just fantastic looking.

How 'wearable' it is depends 100% on the person. If you feel self-conscious with a big non-neutral bag, then you shouldn't buy one. I love to carry a lot of 'in your face' gorgeous colored leather - I've just ordered a Papeete PT & was even considering the Papeete Large Sunday Tote...

11. hey all

ven8 - lucky niece!! Someone on tPF has a Papeete pompon too and I thought it looked great...

pursesnpugs - i think SGH on Papeete is fantastic - you look really great with it in the City!

abitobling - yes I think the Town would work well - not too big not too small

AndieLiz- see, that's what I was wondering. I wonder if it's so well saturated, it might be a pretty practical color

RERE - I totally agree. I was thinking of a bigger bag (because that's what I need right now) but it might be too overwhelming in a bright green - for me, anyway. I'm generally pretty subdued in terms of color/dress....

k, THANKS guys....

12. I loveeeeeee my papeete! corners aren't dirty yet. no color transfer at all! survived the nyc blizzard yesterday just fine :biggrin:

13. beyoootiful papeete bags!!! i just adore the colour :smile:

14. missfluffycat -- yeah, I think maybe I'm not one of those people who can carry of a big bag in a POP color. Sigh. I wish I were...

hannahsophia -- isn't it amazing how careful we are with our bbags in weather conditions, but really, they're pretty hardy....so glad you love your papeete!

I'm thinking about the Ticket.....hmmmmm ;)

15. just bought a gsh papeete city from erica, my first bbag ever. so excited!