Panthere watch?

If anyone’s interested, this is my pre-owned Panthere, all steel in the small size (which I posted earlier in this thread). I only paid about $800 USD on *bay. There is a VERY SLIGHT difference compared to the new one which is $4,000 brand new. I wouldn’t be able to tell the difference if I didn’t know.

upload_2019-2-10_10-36-1.jpeg

Hi chiquitapet - I've always liked the Panthere and was so excited to hear that it was being released. But I had purchased the Tank Solo already. I finally went to see and try on the Panthere yesterday and it is so lovely. Here is the medium Panthere next to my Tank Solo (small). Love the bracelet/chains on the Panthere - it has a beautiful shine! So, do I need a second Cartier stainless steel watch?? :P Let us know what you decide!
View attachment 3808148

I am thinking of getting the Panthere watch in small ss but wanted to ask if anyone had any issues with resizing. Since the links come in full sizes unlike Ballon Bleu which I have (2 1/2 links had to be taken out), I am afraid that taking 3 links off might too tight while 2 links might be too big. Did anyone have this problem and how does the bracelet of the watch fit on the back? Does it keep the round shape? Any pictures would help too. Thanks!!!

Does anyone know the difference between the vintage panthere and the new panthere watch? The only difference I've noticed is that the new one is polished while the vintage had a mix of poished and brushed stainless steel. Which one do you prefer? Does anyone know the reason why they made the new watch 100% polished? Thanks.

I compared my vintage steel Panthère watch with the newer model. The only difference I noticed is the new one’s bracelet and case are completely polished shiny, whereas mine is partly shiny and partly satin finished on the case and bracelet. The numerals are slightly larger, too , but not by much.

I also tried on the rose gold. It looked like liquid gold poured over my wrist. :loveeyes: Maybe someday...... :girlsigh:
The numerals are slightly larger on the newer model? I plan on getting it soon, cannot decide between ss or two tone.

Soooo very beautiful. Congratulations on your new addition!! Looks amazing!

I am debating myself between the small and medium Panthere. I got the small one (haven't seen the medium in real life yet). Googling photos to get an idea of the difference between the two sizes. I am concerned medium might be too big for my liking. The small one is gorgeous but a little bit smaller in person than I had anticipated. Oh decisions, decisions. :smile:

Soooo very beautiful. Congratulations on your new addition!! Looks amazing!

I am debating myself between the small and medium Panthere. I got the small one (haven't seen the medium in real life yet). Googling photos to get an idea of the difference between the two sizes. I am concerned medium might be too big for my liking. The small one is gorgeous but a little bit smaller in person than I had anticipated. Oh decisions, decisions. :smile:

Thank you! I tried on both and the medium watch lost (naturally) some of the delicacy of this design, to me, and wasn‘t as special in my eyes. I have a mid-sized tank française but that one is narrower than the bigger Panthère, which looked a bit too square on my wrist imho. However price-wise it would have been a better deal I believe... You need to see them for yourself :yes: