Panthère de Cartier watch really is beautiful up close and personal!

Hi I am not sure if people still look at this thread but I would appreciate some advice. I am looking to purchase a panthere in ss however i am not sure what size to go for and whether to get diamonds? For reference this would be my everyday watch and I am only 5’1 so very petite. I have tried on rolex‘s and surprisingly the larger sizes suit me better for some strange reason. I do love the diamonds however i am not sure if it is suitable for day to day?

Hi I am not sure if people still look at this thread but I would appreciate some advice. I am looking to purchase a panthere in ss however i am not sure what size to go for and whether to get diamonds? For reference this would be my everyday watch and I am only 5’1 so very petite. I have tried on rolex‘s and surprisingly the larger sizes suit me better for some strange reason. I do love the diamonds however i am not sure if it is suitable for day to day?
Hi! I have the small in gold. Originally I thought I wanted the mini because my wrists are small (15cm in the JUC), but it looked too tiny. The small ended up being perfect for me! However, I tend to prefer less chunky jewelry so you may prefer a bigger size if you liked a large Rolex. I would go into a store and try them on.

Hi! I have the small in gold. Originally I thought I wanted the mini because my wrists are small (15cm in the JUC), but it looked too tiny. The small ended up being perfect for me! However, I tend to prefer less chunky jewelry so you may prefer a bigger size if you liked a large Rolex. I would go into a store and try them on.
Thank you! Are you able to provide any photos, my wrists are also 15cm so it would be good to see. I will definitely be taking a trip to Cartier

The medium is not large at all, I think it’s around 27mm. And it looks even smaller bc of its slim profile. As for the diamonds, they are pretty small and not in your face. I think they look really nice with the SS!

Hi,
I would suggest you to try the Medium SS with diamonds in store. You may like it. :biggrin:
You will see that the diamonds are small and discreet. I don’t think it would be too flashy for everyday wear at all.

Hi!
Your choice will probably be influenced by how you plan to wear your watch and what other watches you already have (formal or casual). Also, do you happen to know your wrist size? It sounds like you’re an overall petite frame from what you’ve said. I’m 5’ 4.5” medium frame and my wrist is 6 inches around, so I could’ve gone medium or small, but went with the medium ss without diamonds. The face of the medium is easier to read and I think it’s a better everyday watch.

I know what you mean about avoiding diamonds in the daytime. The only diamonds I wear during the day are my wedding set and sometimes diamond stud earrings (my smaller ones). I’m from a sub tropical tourist mecca where there is a lot of wealth. Luxury items are commonplace, but for people who are from here it’s usually tasteful and understated luxury. I once saw a tourist in the middle of a hot summer day covered in 2+ carat diamonds (if they were real) from stud earrings, pendant, 2 tennis bracelets, wedding set, and diamonds on her watch. It was just a lot, and to me more appropriate for an evening out look, but she was comfortable with it and in the end that’s all that matters.

I think the small or medium with diamonds is understated enough, but if I wore it in the daytime I’d be very careful what I wore it with. I’d probably go with just the watch, some kind of stud earrings, and my wedding set.

I am still planning to purchase the small ss with diamonds for more of an evening watch. I should’ve thought it through more carefully from the start since I already had a medium ss Tank Francaise as well as a small gold TF inherited from my sweet mom. Now I have three watches serving the same purpose. But at the time I was convinced I wanted the medium and I do like the fun of changing up my watches when I feel like it.

Happy shopping!!

Last edited:
Reactions: marie132 and hhw
I recently purchased a medium yellow gold panthere watch, and it has a rose gold clasp as well. I was told that Cartier only uses rose gold on the clasp portion for gold watches, never yellow gold. Hope that helps!
I know this is an old post. Would you mind telling me if you wear your panthere as an everyday watch? I just bought the medium in the gold. I love it, but it’s heavier than I expected And it definitely has a presence. I have the small panthere in two tone and don’t wear it because it’s too small and these old eyes just can’t see the face clearly to tell the correct time. The medium is lovely and striking, but is it too much bling for everyday?

Reactions: ehy210
Hi,

After having been stalking this thread for a long time, I went through the preloved route and ended up getting my forever dream watch. She has arrived today and is so so stunning. She took my breath. Just looking at her I feel like being blown out in the paradise :biggrin::heart:

I was hesitant and kept asking myself if the solid gold with diamonds is too much. In the beginning, I though I loved the medium ss or small two tones with diamonds, or just a plain yg. Maybe I was just afraid of the price tag of the solid yg with diamonds. So I told myself that something cheaper would be fine lol. I like to read this thread a lot and I’ve learned from what people think and purchase.

So after watching and having several debates with myself, I came to a conclusion that, as I always want this one, I have to get it. This is my ultimate goal that I don’t want to miss. Again I don’t want to get the cheaper ones because, when the right and more expensive one comes by, I know I would regret it. The price tag is not what you can easily retract after purchase. Cartier watches in general don’t keep well their value in the aftermarket. But I love them so much.

Thank you for all useful information that helped me making the decision and for letting me share my :heart: here. She’s the small size yg with diamonds.
View attachment 5215098View attachment 5215099View attachment 5215097

Gorgeous! May I ask, where did you purchase this watch preloved? I don’t know where to trust. Thanks!

I know this is an old post. Would you mind telling me if you wear your panthere as an everyday watch? I just bought the medium in the gold. I love it, but it’s heavier than I expected And it definitely has a presence. I have the small panthere in two tone and don’t wear it because it’s too small and these old eyes just can’t see the face clearly to tell the correct time. The medium is lovely and striking, but is it too much bling for everyday?

How have you been enjoying your medium gold panthere?Is it comfortable as an everyday watch? Does it scratch easily?

Hi, I have some pictures on this Thread, Page 5 :smile:

How have you been enjoying your medium gold panthere?Is it comfortable as an everyday watch? Does it scratch easily?
I returned it. Since I questioned whether it was too much bling for daily wear, I decided that in the long run I probably would not be happy with it. I tend to have a love hate relationship with the Panthere watch. I love it until I have it on and then there’s always something that gives me pause. Think I will just admire it on you other lovely ladies and move on To something else on my list.

Reactions: hhw
Hi, I have some pictures on this Thread, Page 5 :smile:
Hello Le Lion,
I think I am finally ready for the gold Panthere. I got some other stuff including the two tone Rolex that was hard to get but Panthere is still on my wish list :smile: How do you like yours after few years? Do you wear it daily? Did you have to change a battery during this time? Any info would be very helpful :smile: