Panthère de Cartier watch really is beautiful up close and personal!

Congrats! The watch looks beautiful! I am planning on getting the same in small size but can't decide whether or not I want ss or two tone. The problem is that I already have two in ss with diamonds. This one I think looks best without diamonds. Did you have any issues with resizing this watch? I know it doesn't have half links like ballon bleu.
I have the medium in ss without diamonds and LOVE it!! I also have the ss tank francaise and ss ballon bleu (both no diamonds), and the sizing is a bit different for the Panthere. In the end I chose to wear mine like a bracelet, so it fits more loosely around my wrist than my other watches do. I personally like it that way. Now I’m thinking about the small Panthere with diamonds because I think it will be a bit more dressy and look nice with a tennis bracelet.

Reactions: marie132
I have the medium in ss without diamonds and LOVE it!! I also have the ss tank francaise and ss ballon bleu (both no diamonds), and the sizing is a bit different for the Panthere. In the end I chose to wear mine like a bracelet, so it fits more loosely around my wrist than my other watches do. I personally like it that way. Now I’m thinking about the small Panthere with diamonds because I think it will be a bit more dressy and look nice with a tennis bracelet.
Thanks for the info! That’s how I plan on wearing it too, more like a bracelet, most likely will need 2 links removed. I also have ballon bleu small SS with diamonds and I love it. How does the bracelet fit you on the back of the wrist? Foe some reason I like panthere without the diamonds.

Thanks for the info! That’s how I plan on wearing it too, more like a bracelet, most likely will need 2 links removed. I also have ballon bleu small SS with diamonds and I love it. How does the bracelet fit you on the back of the wrist? Foe some reason I like panthere without the diamonds.[/QUOTE
I like how the watch is fitted on Sofa Coppola

Attachments

• 8FC47B7B-F32E-4597-A9A5-BD5898C9D7DB.jpeg
    8FC47B7B-F32E-4597-A9A5-BD5898C9D7DB.jpeg
    71.1 KB · Views: 698
Reactions: Jet9
Thanks for the info! That’s how I plan on wearing it too, more like a bracelet, most likely will need 2 links removed. I also have ballon bleu small SS with diamonds and I love it. How does the bracelet fit you on the back of the wrist? Foe some reason I like panthere without the diamonds.
Mine fits maybe one link smaller than the photo you posted of Sofia Coppola. At this length it hangs just a bit less than the one in the photo, and the watch case stays to the front or sides of my wrists but does not flip all the way around like Sofia’s would, which is what I was going for. My medium ss does not have diamonds, and I have never gone with diamonds on my other watches. Recently I tried on the small with diamonds and really liked it, so now I’ve got it stuck in my mind that I want the diamonds. That will probably be the last Cartier I buy because I feel really happy with my small collection of Cartier watches. The only other watch I am set on is Chopard Happy Sport, but there is nowhere in Charleston to try one on so I have to wait until I go to NYC in April. I have to decide if the tiny diamonds spinning around in there will actually make me happy or end up making me annoyed and dizzy-lol.

Reactions: Jet9
Mine fits maybe one link smaller than the photo you posted of Sofia Coppola. At this length it hangs just a bit less than the one in the photo, and the watch case stays to the front or sides of my wrists but does not flip all the way around like Sofia’s would, which is what I was going for. My medium ss does not have diamonds, and I have never gone with diamonds on my other watches. Recently I tried on the small with diamonds and really liked it, so now I’ve got it stuck in my mind that I want the diamonds. That will probably be the last Cartier I buy because I feel really happy with my small collection of Cartier watches. The only other watch I am set on is Chopard Happy Sport, but there is nowhere in Charleston to try one on so I have to wait until I go to NYC in April. I have to decide if the tiny diamonds spinning around in there will actually make me happy or end up making me annoyed and dizzy-lol.
I have Chopard Happy Sport (older model) with diamonds and Cartier BB with diamonds so for some reason the Panthere looks best w/out diamonds on me. I like the way you've described your panthere fits, that's the fit I want (so it wouldn't flip all the way), hopefully they can resize it that way. I was also considering two tone (although most of my jewelry is white gold) but ss probably looks best in this model. Is there a Cartier boutique near where you live? I'm fortunate that mine is less than 30 min from our home and 15 min from my work :smile:) Good luck with Chopard watch decision, Chopard is amazing! I got earrings last year during the holiday season.

I have Chopard Happy Sport (older model) with diamonds and Cartier BB with diamonds so for some reason the Panthere looks best w/out diamonds on me. I like the way you've described your panthere fits, that's the fit I want (so it wouldn't flip all the way), hopefully they can resize it that way. I was also considering two tone (although most of my jewelry is white gold) but ss probably looks best in this model. Is there a Cartier boutique near where you live? I'm fortunate that mine is less than 30 min from our home and 15 min from my work :smile:) Good luck with Chopard watch decision, Chopard is amazing! I got earrings last year during the holiday season.
Thanks! And good luck with sizing your new Panthere! In Charleston there is only one authorized Cartier dealer, so I get my watches sized and serviced there. They carry a couple other brands (Rolex and Tag Heuer) but that’s about it for my little corner of the world. We don’t have a Chanel, Hermes, or Celine here either, so shopping is just one of the many reasons I love to go to NYC every year. I have already made a list for April.

Thanks! And good luck with sizing your new Panthere! In Charleston there is only one authorized Cartier dealer, so I get my watches sized and serviced there. They carry a couple other brands (Rolex and Tag Heuer) but that’s about it for my little corner of the world. We don’t have a Chanel, Hermes, or Celine here either, so shopping is just one of the many reasons I love to go to NYC every year. I have already made a list for April.
Thanks! You will have fun in NY! Most likely I will get ss but still thinking about the two tone. We’re you considering it as well? The only reason is because I have 2 ss watches already w/diamonds. Just not sure if I will get used to yellow gold.

Thanks! You will have fun in NY! Most likely I will get ss but still thinking about the two tone. We’re you considering it as well? The only reason is because I have 2 ss watches already w/diamonds. Just not sure if I will get used to yellow gold.
I never considered the two tone because of my complexion. I have an ‘Irish fair’ skin tone, so I always look better with white gold, silver, and ss. I envy people who can wear gold! I also love the simplicity of the single tone.

Don’t mean to hijack this thread with my own question, but anyone know the latest policy at Cartier regarding authenticating vintage gold watches? I recently purchased a really expensive vintage gold Cartier watch through xupes on 1stdibs and am wondering of different ways I can go about getting some peace of mind?

Don’t mean to hijack this thread with my own question, but anyone know the latest policy at Cartier regarding authenticating vintage gold watches? I recently purchased a really expensive vintage gold Cartier watch through xupes on 1stdibs and am wondering of different ways I can go about getting some peace of mind?
I don't know their policy but I would visit their store and ask, I am sure they will be able to assist you. What kind of vintage watch did you purchase? I have ballon bleu and plan on getting the new panthere! Cartier is the best!!

I never considered the two tone because of my complexion. I have an ‘Irish fair’ skin tone, so I always look better with white gold, silver, and ss. I envy people who can wear gold! I also love the simplicity of the single tone.
I see...I am definitely into white gold/stainless steel jewelry but in this case I was considering the two tone only because I have two watches in ss but I agree with you, I love the simplicity of the single tone. So most likely it will be ss, can't go wrong with that! I don't think white gold exists anymore in this particular model (maybe only special editions).

Bought this Medium sized Stainless steel with me today. Couldn’t wait until the weekend!

I was torn on the mixed yellow gold but thought the all stainless steel looked a bit more feminine. The bracelet is so slim!

View attachment 4225886
View attachment 4225887View attachment 4225888
I plan on buying the same watch only in ss in small. Also considering two tone, just not sure if I will get used to yellow gold. How was the yellow gold during day light when you tried on this watch? Also, did you have any issues with resizing (that it's either too big or too small?).

I don't know their policy but I would visit their store and ask, I am sure they will be able to assist you. What kind of vintage watch did you purchase? I have ballon bleu and plan on getting the new panthere! Cartier is the best!!

So I took the vintage watch to the store and purchased links for it (was too small) and they added them to the bracelet of the watch (vintage panthere) can I rest assured it’s authentic now? I read on some thread they’ll service a watch that’s a reasonable replica because they don’t do intensive authenticating when servicing. That’s a terrible thought!

So I took the vintage watch to the store and purchased links for it (was too small) and they added them to the bracelet of the watch (vintage panthere) can I rest assured it’s authentic now? I read on some thread they’ll service a watch that’s a reasonable replica because they don’t do intensive authenticating when servicing. That’s a terrible thought!
Does this watch have a serial number? Did they say what year it was when you purchased it? Is it yellow gold or SS? Would love to see pictures of it, it sounds like it is authentic.