Panther/Cougar rings

beachy10

Mar 11, 2010
Does anyone own either ring? Would love to see some modeling shots.
I love statment rings and imagine the first one is pretty big. I am looking to add some 'edge' to my jewlery collection.

1st one is Cartier, 2nd one is Anita Ko.

What do you guys think? Would it be too much to wear both, on different hands?

Attachments

• Cartier.png
    Cartier.png
    415 KB · Views: 1,449
  • AK.jpg
    AK.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 940
I think wearing both at the same time could be a bit much. I like both rings but I personally prefer the Cartier. It really gives a bold statement with a classic touch being solid gold. Whereas the style of the Antia Ko, although equally as aesthetically pleasing, can be found anywhere and all the pave really cheapen the look to me since that's how stores usually dazzle up similar pieces. That being said, you really can't go wrong with either one. It's really which look you are going for/prefer.

Last edited:
I think wearing both at the same time could be a bit much. I like both rings but I personally prefer the Cartier. It really gives a bold statement with a classic touch being solid gold. Whereas the style of the Antia Ko, although equally as ascetically pleasing, can be found anywhere and all the pave really cheapen the look to me since that's how stores usually dazzle up similar pieces. That being said, you really can't go wrong with either one. It's really which look you are going for/prefer.

I have to agree! My heart is really set on the Cartier. Makes more of statement and worn alone is probably is enough. Don't want to clutter my hands with too much jewelry.

I also prefer the Cartier. It's bolder, and has a fierce look to it. The Ko piece is very pretty, but much more subdued.

What are the prices for both these rings?

There was a thread recently where a person is pictured wearing that ring. It's in this thread, post #130. I think it's a really really really big ring, I just can't relate to that kind of gargantuan size ring. The piece below it is more in line with the size I would go for, but I think the design of the Cartier is nicer overall. I'm in agreement with Rosiepink's assessment of the design, the pave is so predictable and the all gold with spots is really cool and a different more dramatic twist, it's just the size factor that is a no go for me.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...overs-true-opinions-onthe-juste-748847-9.html

I think the reason it doesn't look right in that picture to me, most likely has something to do with all the other stuff going on. I actually do think it could work but worn alone on a hand and with a bare wrist. I would keep the focus on the ring and not clutter it up with other things, that ring is really cool. So my vote is for the first one, it definitely has edge and is a true statement ring.

I would kill for the Cartier Panthere ring but if you are even hesitant for a second (price notwithstanding) then it's not for you. You have to be a BOLD person and know it will suit you.

Personally I don't like the AK so much. The shape is blah but then I'm not so keen on all the diamonds either. There are plenty of other big cat rings out there including the one I'm wearing, you can do better for the money I am sure.

If you like the Deco look but it doesn't have to be a big cat, there are many fabulous originals that go for very reasonable prices in the salerooms, much less than either of these.

There was a thread recently where a person is pictured wearing that ring. It's in this thread, post #130. I think it's a really really really big ring, I just can't relate to that kind of gargantuan size ring. The piece below it is more in line with the size I would go for, but I think the design of the Cartier is nicer overall. I'm in agreement with Rosiepink's assessment of the design, the pave is so predictable and the all gold with spots is really cool and a different more dramatic twist, it's just the size factor that is a no go for me.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewe...overs-true-opinions-onthe-juste-748847-9.html

The Cartier ring pictured in this thread is not the same ring Rachel Zoe is wearing. Hers is much larger.

I tried the Cartier ring on that is posted above and LOVE it!!!

That is not the same one as the one I've posted, hers is larger. It's also not available on Cartier's site. I think hers is like 20K range.

oh wow 20k, that's it lol! It is a gorgeous ring guys, very beautiful and bold. I am curious to see how big it is too on someone's hand. Maybe if you google images someone has taken a picture of it.

beachy10 which one are you leaning more towards?

Molls, are you going to get it you think?

It is a stunning ring in either size. So basically Cartier makes this ring then in two sizes or they are completely different rings?

Holy crap is that how it looks on? It's huge!! LOL...

I've never been a huge fan of this line and think it's really really big! So you know my vote - AK! It's more feminine and "pretty". Though it sounds like that's not the purpose of this ring at all! :smile: So go big or go home!

If I were adding edge I'd get the Jouste un Clou I think instead - for the money it's edgy but more wearable. That bracelet is growing on me!!