Review Panoxyl Cleanser - A HG for Acne Sufferers!!

xlana

O.G.
Sep 26, 2006
Ever since starting law school, I've been suffering from moderate to severe cystic acne. The WORST kind. The kind that stays under your skin, doesn't ever break the surface, and stays for weeks. My skin also tends to scar very easily and the scars take months to fade.

Just recently my boyfriend's mother recommended me Panoxyl facewash because my boyfriend's little brother also suffers from acne. He's had great results using it, so I decided to give it a try as well. I've been using it for about two weeks and already seeing great results! My current breakouts have subsided, and best of all my acne scars are fading quickly. I have also had no new breakouts since starting it!!. I use it once a day because it's 10% Benzoyl Peroxide so it will dry out your skin.

The wash itself is white, fragrance free (super important imo!), and foams up very nicely (I use it with my Clarisonic to really let the BP get into my pores). It doesn't burn my skin, but my skin has started to slightly peel (nothing compared to when I first started retin-a however).

I read online about the cleansers reviews, and it's been raved about all over the web by people who suffer from acne. There is also a bar form which people really love, but I personally think the cleanser is easier to use because it has a potential to bleach fabrics. Some people use it for back-acne as well. It's sold at Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Amazon, Drugstore.com, etc. I personally got mine at Lovelyskin.com for $10. It can be a bit hard to find because Stiefel Labs the manufacturer had some sort of quarrel with their suppliers. It's not being discontinued though, it's just a slight shortage.

For those who are curious, this is my routine:
-In the AM I cleanse my face using Bioderma & moisturize with Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer
-In the PM I cleanse with Panoxyl using my Clarisonic & apply 0.1% retin-a to my trouble areas. I moisturize depending on how dry my skin is with either Josie Maran's Argan Oil & Avene's Cicalfate, or Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Cream.

Any of you other ladies tried Panoxyl?? I would love to hear from those who have used it over a longer span of time!

Hi OP! Can I ask you if you have the cream or foaming? It sound like foaming, but I'm not sure.

I'd love to give this a whirl... even though I'm pretty sure I'm significantly older than you (41), I still get the kind of breakouts to which you refer.

Hi OP! Can I ask you if you have the cream or foaming? It sound like foaming, but I'm not sure.

I'd love to give this a whirl... even though I'm pretty sure I'm significantly older than you (41), I still get the kind of breakouts to which you refer.

I have the foaming cream cleanser! I didn't know they made it in a cream as well? I know that Panoxyl comes in a foaming cleanser (the one I have) & a bar form.

I've been updating my usage of the routine that I just told you in this thread here: http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beau...-share-your-stories-products-tips-804142.html

In short, I've been using Panoxyl for a little over a month and I've only had one major cystic breakout in the entire time! Where I'm not breaking out, my skin is super smooth (peeling a little sometimes) & my acne scars are really fading.

Another tpfer has said that Panoxyl has been working well for her too. Hope it works for your skin as well!