Panic Button For PF Pages?

Maggien

O.G.
Feb 19, 2007
Just wondering if it might be possible to integrate a so-called "panic button" that would be accessible from the top of each PF page? You know, the type you hit and a fake-o page of some business-y-looking printed page/fako-o pie-chart or (some such) pops up? In case anyone wants to see an example, look here:

http://www.workopolis.com/work.aspx...mmon/WorkLoginView&lang=EN&theme=work&OldUrl=

In the upper right corner, it says "Boss Panic Button". Click on it and it's instant CYA. I don't know how much work would be involved to add it to the site, but I can just about guarantee it would get one HELL of a workout from one HELL of a lot of PFers! :whistle:

Apple-H is typed several times a day by me for this very reason ;)

One of the few letters on my keyboard that's wearing off! (oooohhh the guys with CSI would have a field day with that!! ("But 'h' is not one of the more frequently used letters...what's with that???"). But wouldn't it be lovely to have something that looks vaguely work-related (but completely indecipherable) come up? I'd never leave the forum!! :angel:

ROFL. I can get it done.

I got so busted today, it was humiliating. My dh and I both work from home...he's a lawyer and I'm a TV Prod. So today, after telling him I couldn't possibly help him proof a brief because I was on deadline :sneaky: (we're usually talking about an hour of mouse-print and numbers and as it's Friday, I REALLY NEEDED to spend some time in here and goof off...I AM able to set and honour priorities!!) So, I'd been all over the Forum and I had kept opening new pages to compare colours etc.

So, I've been at this for maybe an hour and I hear him coming up the stairs...uncarpeted wood....footfall by footfall....I start closing pages...every time I close one I think it's the last....I hear him at my office door...I start to sweat like Albert Brooks in "Broadcast News" :sweatdrop:....heart pounding...perfunctory knock at the door...and boom! He's in. I felt about 2 years old...caught with my pants down around my ankles.....I see two more windows to go as he comes around behind me.. SUCCESS IS MINE :yahoo: Then, out of freakin' nowhere...there's a full screen shot of a FRENCH BLUE WORK. Could NOT have been more blinding :wtf:. My entire office was aglow. I could FEEL my corneas burning. I go to close it, but it's SO full screen, the little close box was off-screen.

He looks up, takes one look at the screen and says...and this is a quote..."You are one BIN away from an intervention." :lecture:

Guys, this is DH#2. I really and truly love this man. Please, a Panic Button. Seriously...if it's not terribly difficult...and if, at all possible it could be available from any page, it would go a long way to saving a number of relationships.

This was SO not funny. :true: